Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
Anyone like the Bleeding ๐Ÿฉธ โค๏ธ plant.
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
May 12, 2022 16:57:20   #
Haveago Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire. UK.
 
From our garden loads of Bleeding Heart pics taken here are but a few.
Nikon D7500 & the Sigma 105mm Macro lens.
Cc Welcome
Baz

1. Selective focusing.
1. Selective focusing....
(Download)

2. Apparently you can turn the larger hearts into what looks like a ballerina. I tried it but they just keep like ripping ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™‚
2. Apparently you can turn the larger hearts into ...
(Download)

3. A bit closer.
3. A bit closer....
(Download)

Reply
May 12, 2022 17:30:54   #
Drbobcameraguy Loc: Eaton Ohio
 
Nice shots. I take pics of ours every spring. Ours is blooming also. They are beautiful.

Reply
May 12, 2022 17:37:13   #
Haveago Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire. UK.
 
Drbobcameraguy wrote:
Nice shots. I take pics of ours every spring. Ours is blooming also. They are beautiful.


Thank you Drbob ๐Ÿ‘ ours are just starting to fade now in Swindon, UK.
Baz

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 18:37:33   #
revhen Loc: By the beautiful Hudson
 
Great pics! Wife is giving one of ours to hegarden club for sale. Asked me to take a picture of it since plant will not be blooming. May use one of yours!

Reply
May 12, 2022 18:40:29   #
Drbobcameraguy Loc: Eaton Ohio
 
Haveago wrote:
Thank you Drbob ๐Ÿ‘ ours are just starting to fade now in Swindon, UK.
Baz


We live in south west Ohio in the USA. Due west of Dayton Ohio almost on the Indiana border. We maybe close in latitude. Happy day to you all.

Reply
May 12, 2022 19:12:29   #
Haveago Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire. UK.
 
revhen wrote:
Great pics! Wife is giving one of ours to hegarden club for sale. Asked me to take a picture of it since plant will not be blooming. May use one of yours!


Certainly no problem you go right ahead but thatโ€™s a bit naughty ainโ€™it. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜€
Baz

Reply
May 12, 2022 19:13:34   #
Haveago Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire. UK.
 
Drbobcameraguy wrote:
We live in south west Ohio in the USA. Due west of Dayton Ohio almost on the Indiana border. We maybe close in latitude. Happy day to you all.


Yeah just around the corner from me. ๐Ÿ˜€

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 21:00:31   #
niteman3d Loc: South Central Pennsylvania, USA
 
In south-central PA, ours started several weeks ago and is about to wind it up for the year.

Reply
May 13, 2022 03:17:07   #
Haveago Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire. UK.
 
niteman3d wrote:
In south-central PA, ours started several weeks ago and is about to wind it up for the year.


Do you take cuttings to get more plants for next year?
Baz

Reply
May 13, 2022 04:12:28   #
niteman3d Loc: South Central Pennsylvania, USA
 
Haveago wrote:
Do you take cuttings to get more plants for next year?
Baz


Nope. We've been here over twenty years and it wasn't long after we moved in that she planted a couple (I don't remember the source whether cuttings, sets, or seeds), but there were two varieties. Each had distinctively different foliage and as I remember the one that died tended to have flowers that were a little darker red, but the flowers were the same otherwise. The one that remains comes back like gangbusters every year and gets no special care. We do cut it back after the blooming ends, but no feeding or any other special treatment.

Reply
May 13, 2022 04:38:26   #
Haveago Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire. UK.
 
niteman3d wrote:
Nope. We've been here over twenty years and it wasn't long after we moved in that she planted a couple (I don't remember the source whether cuttings, sets, or seeds), but there were two varieties. Each had distinctively different foliage and as I remember the one that died tended to have flowers that were a little darker red, but the flowers were the same otherwise. The one that remains comes back like gangbusters every year and gets no special care. We do cut it back after the blooming ends, but no feeding or any other special treatment.
Nope. We've been here over twenty years and it wa... (show quote)


Hi, we only have the red version which grew back this year with a vengeance.
I have taken cuttings this year (last week) & put them in Vermiculite see if they take.
Baz

Reply
 
 
May 13, 2022 06:24:01   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
Haveago wrote:
From our garden loads of Bleeding Heart pics taken here are but a few.
Nikon D7500 & the Sigma 105mm Macro lens.
Cc Welcome
Baz


Fantastic set!!!!
Great light

Reply
May 13, 2022 06:32:45   #
ghbowser Loc: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
 

Reply
May 13, 2022 06:49:25   #
J-SPEIGHT Loc: Akron, Ohio
 
Haveago wrote:
From our garden loads of Bleeding Heart pics taken here are but a few.
Nikon D7500 & the Sigma 105mm Macro lens.
Cc Welcome
Baz



Reply
May 13, 2022 08:43:22   #
Drbobcameraguy Loc: Eaton Ohio
 
Haveago wrote:
Hi, we only have the red version which grew back this year with a vengeance.
I have taken cuttings this year (last week) & put them in Vermiculite see if they take.
Baz


They produce seeds after the flower dies.

Reply
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.