Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main Photography Discussion
I would gladly purchase a filter ...
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
May 12, 2022 12:55:55   #
Markag
 
That removed WIRES. I really don't like them and have almost stopped taking photos if they're involved.
Any suggestions besides Photoshop?

Reply
May 12, 2022 13:06:50   #
Bigmike1 Loc: I am from Gaffney, S.C. but live in Utah.
 
Yeah, wires and telephone poles are a problem. While we were living in Dresden I photographed a castle that was several hundred years old. The problem was that there was a telephone pole and wires in the foreground and there was no way to get around them. In our neighborhood there was a church we approached from above down a narrow street. It was a great shot and I stopped the car one day and shot the church tower with a telephoto lens. Like I said, it was a great shot. The problem is that there is a telephone pole at the bottom of the photo dead center of the tower. (:

Reply
May 12, 2022 13:12:49   #
Markag
 
Bigmike1 wrote:
Yeah, wires and telephone poles are a problem. While we were living in Dresden I photographed a castle that was several hundred years old. The problem was that there was a telephone pole and wires in the foreground and there was no way to get around them. In our neighborhood there was a church we approached from above down a narrow street. It was a great shot and I stopped the car one day and shot the church tower with a telephoto lens. Like I said, it was a great shot. The problem is that there is a telephone pole at the bottom of the photo dead center of the tower. (:
Yeah, wires and telephone poles are a problem. Wh... (show quote)


Photoshop will take them out but its often a long and tedious process.

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 13:19:45   #
Linda From Maine Loc: Yakima, Washington
 
Mark, are you sure you know everything there is to know about the "wire removal" tool? Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfm7Yf56KWA

.

Reply
May 12, 2022 14:02:55   #
Markag
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
Mark, are you sure you know everything there is to know about the "wire removal" tool? Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfm7Yf56KWA

.


Thanks. Much appreciated. I’ve seen that video before and except where the wires cross in front of the buildings, this example is fairly simple.

Reply
May 12, 2022 14:04:31   #
Markag
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
Mark, are you sure you know everything there is to know about the "wire removal" tool? Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfm7Yf56KWA

.


Also… it’s great to see you’re back!

Reply
May 12, 2022 14:07:59   #
kpmac Loc: Ragley, La
 
I don't do much landscape photography but I feel your pain.

Reply
 
 
May 12, 2022 14:15:41   #
gouldopfl
 
The new Luminar Neo has a feature to do that. It works about 95% of the time for me, the rest is easy to fix using the removal tool. I am sure it will be fixed in an upcoming update,but they are based on Ukraine. Even with the war and employees spread all over Ukraine ( mostly the men) and the rest Europe, they have though put out 3 minor updates in the past 2 months

Reply
May 12, 2022 14:15:55   #
jcboy3
 
Markag wrote:
That removed WIRES. I really don't like them and have almost stopped taking photos if they're involved.
Any suggestions besides Photoshop?


I take several (usually 9) photos from different positions in order to remove poles and wires, in different positions sufficient to let parallax move them away from areas previously obscured by the poles and wires. For example, if a wire is running across a building, I take a shot from above and below my primary shot. If a pole is in front of a building, I take a shot from the left and right of my primary shot. If a line is running to a pole, I take a left and right shot for each above, below, and primary shot. I then copy sections from the secondary shots to replace areas in the primary shot that are obscured by poles and wires. I do this in small sections, use some transform functions to adjust for perspective changes, and correct mismatches with smart fill. When I'm done, it is nearly impossible to tell where the poles and wires were even when one knows.

Reply
May 12, 2022 18:00:52   #
Beowulf
 
A few years ago, I downloaded a free program called Snapheal. It did a very good job of removing not just wires, but other objects a well and much less complicated than PS. I believe it is still available. I still use it on occasion. The trick is to size the eraser tool to the object(s) you are removing. Hope this helps.

Reply
May 12, 2022 19:26:55   #
jcboy3
 
Beowulf wrote:
A few years ago, I downloaded a free program called Snapheal. It did a very good job of removing not just wires, but other objects a well and much less complicated than PS. I believe it is still available. I still use it on occasion. The trick is to size the eraser tool to the object(s) you are removing. Hope this helps.


Snapheal works with simple unstructured backgrounds. It is useless when trying to reveal a building behind a pole. I know, I have it.

Reply
 
 
May 13, 2022 06:18:48   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
Markag wrote:
That removed WIRES. I really don't like them and have almost stopped taking photos if they're involved.
Any suggestions besides Photoshop?


No.

Reply
May 13, 2022 06:36:42   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 
Luminar Neo will remove most (if not all) wires.

Reply
May 13, 2022 07:01:04   #
pecohen Loc: Central Maine
 
gouldopfl wrote:
The new Luminar Neo has a feature to do that. It works about 95% of the time for me, the rest is easy to fix using the removal tool. I am sure it will be fixed in an upcoming update,but they are based on Ukraine. Even with the war and employees spread all over Ukraine ( mostly the men) and the rest Europe, they have though put out 3 minor updates in the past 2 months


Thanks for the reminder. I have Neo and use it from time to time but I'd not updated it.

After starting Neo, I looked around the various screens and never found any invitation to update. I did a search for "update" and got nothing. But later I discovered a window that had somehow come up. It invited me to update Neo and it is updating at this very moment.

Reply
May 13, 2022 07:06:23   #
mvetrano2 Loc: Commack, NY
 
On my Mac I use InPixio Photo Eraser, takes a little work, but gets the job done.

Reply
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main Photography Discussion
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.