Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Contests, Challenges, Periodicals
Challenge : Jan 24-29 It's good to dream
Page 1 of 33 next> last>>
Jan 23, 2022 18:01:24   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
All my life i have suffered from not paying attention especially in school
my school report would read, Simon would do much better if he spent more
time listening to me instead of gazing out the window, but I could not help it
I was always dreaming of something or creating Abstracts in my head from
what I was looking at.
For this challenge I want to hear and see about dreams you had and achieved
or dreams you still hope will come to fruition one day soon.
I will start this challenge off with my visit to the London Motor Show in 1996
having stood in a line for 30 minutes to sit inside the new TVR Cerbera, it was
in a purple/raspberry color with tan leather interior, sitting in the drivers seat
was so good, everything fell to hand and I just thought I would love this car BUT
at just over £40,000 that was not going to happen but it sure did not stop me dreaming
about it. Then in 2008 i needed to change my work car and a garage some
100 miles away had the car i wanted and were prepared to take mine in exchange,
so a deal was struck and i drove over one Monday and all was completed. In there
workshop I spotted out the corner of my eye a TVR and asked the manager what it
was doing there, he told me the owner had a friend who had emigrated to Spain and
left the car with them to sell, and yes it was a 1996 TVR Cerbera in Purple with tan
interior, I could not help myself we came to a deal and I bought it, yes that day my
dream had come true, it had taken 12 years but I achieved it.


(Download)








(Download)



Reply
Jan 23, 2022 19:01:21   #
Abo Loc: Victoria Australia
 
Is the wife allowed to drive it?

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 19:06:48   #
Just Fred Loc: Darwin's Waiting Room
 
Interesting challenge. I think I'll take you up on it.

I'm a self-taught guitar player, and have now been at it 55 years. When I began, I dreamed of owning a "rock star's" guitar -- a Fender Stratocaster. Jimi played one Eric plays one. Jeff Beck, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan... the list goes on.

But I was a poor student. First high school, then college. And I got married young, started a family, and just could never justify spending the money when other things seemed more important.

Six years ago, divorced and an empty-nester, I finally realized my dream. One of my guitar heroes has been Eric Clapton, so I bought a new Artist Series Eric Clapton Signature Fender Stratocaster.



And that was the start of something. I now have four Fender Strats. From left to right, a 2006 Fender Custom Shop Robin Trower Signature Stratocaster (which was personally autographed by Trower), a 50th Anniversary Strat in Aztec Gold, my EC Strat, and a 1994 40th Anniversary Strat with an aluminum body (one of only 400 made).


Reply
 
 
Jan 23, 2022 19:11:26   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
Abo wrote:
Is the wife allowed to drive it?


NO way haha

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 19:15:06   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
Just Fred wrote:
Interesting challenge. I think I'll take you up on it.

I'm a self-taught guitar player, and have now been at it 55 years. When I began, I dreamed of owning a "rock star's" guitar -- a Fender Stratocaster. Jimi played one Eric plays one. Jeff Beck, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan... the list goes on.

But I was a poor student. First high school, then college. And I got married young, started a family, and just could never justify spending the money when other things seemed more important.

Six years ago, divorced and an empty-nester, I finally realized my dream. One of my guitar heroes has been Eric Clapton, so I bought a new Artist Series Eric Clapton Signature Fender Stratocaster.



And that was the start of something. I now have four Fender Strats. From left to right, a 2006 Fender Custom Shop Robin Trower Signature Stratocaster (which was personally autographed by Trower), a 50th Anniversary Strat in Aztec Gold, my EC Strat, and a 1994 40th Anniversary Strat with an aluminum body (one of only 400 made).

Interesting challenge. I think I'll take you up o... (show quote)


P1 Good to see your collection Fred and really happy that you are now living the dream, thanks for joining in

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 19:39:52   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
creativ simon wrote:
All my life i have suffered from not paying attention especially in school
my school report would read, Simon would do much better if he spent more
time listening to me instead of gazing out the window, but I could not help it
I was always dreaming of something or creating Abstracts in my head from
what I was looking at.
For this challenge I want to hear and see about dreams you had and achieved
or dreams you still hope will come to fruition one day soon.
I will start this challenge off with my visit to the London Motor Show in 1996
having stood in a line for 30 minutes to sit inside the new TVR Cerbera, it was
in a purple/raspberry color with tan leather interior, sitting in the drivers seat
was so good, everything fell to hand and I just thought I would love this car BUT
at just over £40,000 that was not going to happen but it sure did not stop me dreaming
about it. Then in 2008 i needed to change my work car and a garage some
100 miles away had the car i wanted and were prepared to take mine in exchange,
so a deal was struck and i drove over one Monday and all was completed. In there
workshop I spotted out the corner of my eye a TVR and asked the manager what it
was doing there, he told me the owner had a friend who had emigrated to Spain and
left the car with them to sell, and yes it was a 1996 TVR Cerbera in Purple with tan
interior, I could not help myself we came to a deal and I bought it, yes that day my
dream had come true, it had taken 12 years but I achieved it.
All my life i have suffered from not paying attent... (show quote)


What a wonderful dream come true.... this should be a fun challenge.

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 19:59:47   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
creativ simon wrote:
All my life i have suffered from not paying attention especially in school
my school report would read, Simon would do much better if he spent more
time listening to me instead of gazing out the window, but I could not help it
I was always dreaming of something or creating Abstracts in my head from
what I was looking at.
For this challenge I want to hear and see about dreams you had and achieved
or dreams you still hope will come to fruition one day soon.
I will start this challenge off with my visit to the London Motor Show in 1996
having stood in a line for 30 minutes to sit inside the new TVR Cerbera, it was
in a purple/raspberry color with tan leather interior, sitting in the drivers seat
was so good, everything fell to hand and I just thought I would love this car BUT
at just over £40,000 that was not going to happen but it sure did not stop me dreaming
about it. Then in 2008 i needed to change my work car and a garage some
100 miles away had the car i wanted and were prepared to take mine in exchange,
so a deal was struck and i drove over one Monday and all was completed. In there
workshop I spotted out the corner of my eye a TVR and asked the manager what it
was doing there, he told me the owner had a friend who had emigrated to Spain and
left the car with them to sell, and yes it was a 1996 TVR Cerbera in Purple with tan
interior, I could not help myself we came to a deal and I bought it, yes that day my
dream had come true, it had taken 12 years but I achieved it.
All my life i have suffered from not paying attent... (show quote)


Love the last image especially

Reply
 
 
Jan 23, 2022 20:00:56   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
Just Fred wrote:
Interesting challenge. I think I'll take you up on it.

I'm a self-taught guitar player, and have now been at it 55 years. When I began, I dreamed of owning a "rock star's" guitar -- a Fender Stratocaster. Jimi played one Eric plays one. Jeff Beck, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan... the list goes on.

But I was a poor student. First high school, then college. And I got married young, started a family, and just could never justify spending the money when other things seemed more important.

Six years ago, divorced and an empty-nester, I finally realized my dream. One of my guitar heroes has been Eric Clapton, so I bought a new Artist Series Eric Clapton Signature Fender Stratocaster.



And that was the start of something. I now have four Fender Strats. From left to right, a 2006 Fender Custom Shop Robin Trower Signature Stratocaster (which was personally autographed by Trower), a 50th Anniversary Strat in Aztec Gold, my EC Strat, and a 1994 40th Anniversary Strat with an aluminum body (one of only 400 made).

Interesting challenge. I think I'll take you up o... (show quote)


And I bet you enjoy each one!

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 21:22:14   #
Just Fred Loc: Darwin's Waiting Room
 
PAToGraphy wrote:
And I bet you enjoy each one!


Indeed I do! It also started me on a bit of a collecting kick. Here are a few more. A 2015 Gibson "Classic Rock" (get it?) II:



A 2006 Fender 60th Anniversary Telecaster. Number 531 of 1,000.



2016 Fender "Magnificent Seven" White Ash Telecaster Limited Edition



OK, that's enough. I don't want to hijack this thread!

Reply
Jan 23, 2022 23:27:44   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
Just Fred wrote:
Indeed I do! It also started me on a bit of a collecting kick. Here are a few more. A 2015 Gibson "Classic Rock" (get it?) II:



A 2006 Fender 60th Anniversary Telecaster. Number 531 of 1,000.



2016 Fender "Magnificent Seven" White Ash Telecaster Limited Edition



OK, that's enough. I don't want to hijack this thread!
Indeed I do! It also started me on a bit of a col... (show quote)


Beautiful dreams to own, hold, play and totally enjoy.

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 08:09:44   #
cmc4214 Loc: S.W. Pennsylvania
 
From the time I graduated high school I wanted to re-build this barn but at the time I simply did not have the money.
Fast- forward about 20 years... a friend told me about a barn someone wanted torn down, so I took on the project and dis-mantled it one summer , The following year my brother and I examined the timbers and realized we would have to replace approx. half of them, another friend told me about a local sawmill, so we bought new timbers and went to work, about 4-5 mos. later this was the result
Probably the most enjoyable summer of my life

Ps. this was done in 2001-2002 at a total cost of less than $2500


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
 
 
Jan 24, 2022 08:22:59   #
misterzee Loc: N'Georgia Mountains
 
Great job! Admirable!

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 09:19:06   #
kay55 Loc: NE Ohio
 
creativ simon wrote:
All my life i have suffered from not paying attention especially in school
my school report would read, Simon would do much better if he spent more
time listening to me instead of gazing out the window, but I could not help it
I was always dreaming of something or creating Abstracts in my head from
what I was looking at.
For this challenge I want to hear and see about dreams you had and achieved
or dreams you still hope will come to fruition one day soon.
I will start this challenge off with my visit to the London Motor Show in 1996
having stood in a line for 30 minutes to sit inside the new TVR Cerbera, it was
in a purple/raspberry color with tan leather interior, sitting in the drivers seat
was so good, everything fell to hand and I just thought I would love this car BUT
at just over £40,000 that was not going to happen but it sure did not stop me dreaming
about it. Then in 2008 i needed to change my work car and a garage some
100 miles away had the car i wanted and were prepared to take mine in exchange,
so a deal was struck and i drove over one Monday and all was completed. In there
workshop I spotted out the corner of my eye a TVR and asked the manager what it
was doing there, he told me the owner had a friend who had emigrated to Spain and
left the car with them to sell, and yes it was a 1996 TVR Cerbera in Purple with tan
interior, I could not help myself we came to a deal and I bought it, yes that day my
dream had come true, it had taken 12 years but I achieved it.
All my life i have suffered from not paying attent... (show quote)



Congratulations on realizing your dream! Great pictures and an interesting challenge, drive safe. Fyi. I too had problems paying attention, lol.

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 09:25:51   #
Roadrunner Loc: Quebec, Canada
 
Just Fred wrote:
Indeed I do! It also started me on a bit of a collecting kick. Here are a few more. A 2015 Gibson "Classic Rock" (get it?) II:



A 2006 Fender 60th Anniversary Telecaster. Number 531 of 1,000.



2016 Fender "Magnificent Seven" White Ash Telecaster Limited Edition



OK, that's enough. I don't want to hijack this thread!
Indeed I do! It also started me on a bit of a col... (show quote)


What a project, wow......btw, I listen only blues

Reply
Jan 24, 2022 09:26:37   #
kay55 Loc: NE Ohio
 
That is awesome, congratulations on achieving your goal! Nice pics too

Reply
Page 1 of 33 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Contests, Challenges, Periodicals
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.