Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main Photography Discussion
Z teleconverter
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
Jan 13, 2022 10:53:50   #
JimBunk Loc: Ontario, Canada & FL
 
Does a Nikon Z 2.0 or 1.4 teleconverter fit on a Z50 with a kit zoom lens?
Thought it should but not sure

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 11:06:52   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
Teleconverters are limited to which lenses that can physically attach. On the support / tech specs page of the teleconverter products on Nikon's website, you can find the complete list direct from Nikon of the compatible lenses.

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 11:51:03   #
ricardo00
 
JimBunk wrote:
Does a Nikon Z 2.0 or 1.4 teleconverter fit on a Z50 with a kit zoom lens?
Thought it should but not sure


Almost certainly no, the Nikon Z teleconverters only fit so far two lenses (the 70-200mm f/2.8 and the 100-400mm) which are not kit zoom lenses. You can also check on the Nikon site as suggested.

Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2022 14:01:40   #
Mac Loc: Hernando County Florida
 
JimBunk wrote:
Does a Nikon Z 2.0 or 1.4 teleconverter fit on a Z50 with a kit zoom lens?
Thought it should but not sure


I had that same question, so I went to the Nikon web site and looked it up.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 07:30:53   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
JimBunk wrote:
Does a Nikon Z 2.0 or 1.4 teleconverter fit on a Z50 with a kit zoom lens?
Thought it should but not sure


Nikon created 1.4x and 2x magnification teleconverters—the Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x and Z Teleconverter TC-2.0x respectively—specifically designed to be used with the NIKKOR Z lenses. These NIKKOR Z teleconverters are compatible with all Nikon Z series cameras such as the Z 5, Z 6, Z 7 and Z 50.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 07:34:06   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
billnikon wrote:
Nikon created 1.4x and 2x magnification teleconverters—the Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x and Z Teleconverter TC-2.0x respectively—specifically designed to be used with the NIKKOR Z lenses. These NIKKOR Z teleconverters are compatible with all Nikon Z series cameras such as the Z 5, Z 6, Z 7 and Z 50.


But, what lenses?

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 07:43:57   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
But, what lenses?


I didn't know you shot Nikon. Welcome aboard, you have finally made an excellent choice.
If your going to sell your Canon equipment you can do so here.
I could help you, private message me for my tips on selling out of date equipment.
Good luck and keep on shooting until the end.

Reply
 
 
Jan 14, 2022 07:50:42   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
billnikon wrote:
I didn't know you shot Nikon. Welcome aboard, you have finally made an excellent choice.
If your going to sell your Canon equipment you can do so here.
I could help you, private message me for my tips on selling out of date equipment.
Good luck and keep on shooting until the end.


What Nikon lenses are compatible? That was also the question in the OP's post. You seem to know so much, why not take the time to answer the question? Why not go the whole way, for the benefit not just to me, but to the entire UHH community?

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 07:53:21   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
What Nikon lenses are compatible? That was also the question in the OP's post. You seem to know so much, why not take the time to answer the question? Why not go the whole way, for the benefit not just to me, but to the entire UHH community?


The OP did not mention which kit Z lenses he is using. Without that information it would be difficult to answer outside of my previous post. Why do you ask oh Canon lord?

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 07:59:18   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
billnikon wrote:
The OP did not mention which kit Z lenses he is using. Without that information it would be difficult to answer outside of my previous post. Why do you ask oh Canon lord?


I did learn something from this discussion, something I long suspected.

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 08:13:07   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
I did learn something from this discussion, something I long suspected.


Both Nikon Z teleconverters work perfectly as advertised: They magnify the image of any (compatible) lens in front of them by 1.4x or 2.0x in exchange for a 1 or 2 stop slower focal ratio. They translate all EXIF data and retain every function of the mounted lens. In combination with the Z 70-200mm f2.8 VR S (the only compatible lens at the time of testing) they are much cheaper, smaller, and lighter than getting an additional hypothetical Z 98-280mm f4.0 VR S or Z 140-400mm f5.6 VR S lens and they give the mounted lens an extra boost in close-up capabilities. Optically the results from using the Z TC-1.4x are so good that you need not bother to take the teleconverter off when shooting at focal lengths of 200mm or shorter - which is important when you don't have time to swap the TC out during shooting. If you own or think of buying the Z 70-200mm f2.8 VR the new Z TC 1.4x is a recommended accessory. Regarding the Z TC 2.0x I'd rather wait: You'd probably need an excellent telephoto prime lens to see the full potential which the TC-2.0x can deliver!
Again, the OP did not specify what Z lenses he had. But, as of this writing, the only compatible lens at this time is the Z 70-200 2.8 VR S. If he has another lens, it may not work.
Good luck and keep on shooting until the end. Even you oh king of Canon.

Reply
 
 
Jan 14, 2022 09:05:06   #
JimBunk Loc: Ontario, Canada & FL
 
But it doesn’t seem like it will attach to a kit lens for the z50

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:11:39   #
JimBunk Loc: Ontario, Canada & FL
 
billnikon wrote:
Nikon created 1.4x and 2x magnification teleconverters—the Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x and Z Teleconverter TC-2.0x respectively—specifically designed to be used with the NIKKOR Z lenses. These NIKKOR Z teleconverters are compatible with all Nikon Z series cameras such as the Z 5, Z 6, Z 7 and Z 50.


It fits the z50, but not the 50-250 or 16-50 kit lenses?

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:17:42   #
Bill_de Loc: US
 
JimBunk wrote:
But it doesn’t seem like it will attach to a kit lens for the z50


The Nikon site, today, shows only a 70 - 200 mm lens compatible with the Z teleconverters.

NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S
$2,599.95

---

Reply
Jan 14, 2022 09:33:30   #
BobPeterson Loc: Massachusetts
 
The design of these teleconverters have an element that recesses down into the lens. If there is not room due to a lens element too close to the mount then it won't attach and you risk damaging the lens if you try. They are only recommended to be used with the z70-200 and the z100-400 so far.

Reply
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main Photography Discussion
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.