Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Photo Gallery
Coyotes
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
Jan 12, 2022 17:37:30   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
We have a pack of four, probably a family group, of the mangiest coyotes in SE Arizona


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 17:52:46   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
We have a pack of four, probably a family group, of the mangiest coyotes in SE Arizona


Great images!!!
Actually those two look pretty good, I mean what do you expect with all the Road Runners around there.

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 17:53:11   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA, United States
 

Reply
 
 
Jan 12, 2022 18:10:50   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
Manglesphoto wrote:
Great images!!!
Actually those two look pretty good, I mean what do you expect with all the Road Runners around there.


Thanks for looking and commenting.

Actually we have a shortage of Roadrunners around. I used to see three or four a week without looking. Now between the 20+ year drought effecting their prey and desert destruction from building homes for people who only live here in the winter, affectionally called "Snow Birds", I am lucky to see one every couple of months

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 18:11:15   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 18:16:20   #
lamiaceae Loc: San Luis Obispo County, CA
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
We have a pack of four, probably a family group, of the mangiest coyotes in SE Arizona


That really is a pretty unhealthy looking Coyote. We have city dwelling ones in many places in California. Apparently some on the streets around where I live and they have been seen on the beach at Pismo Beach! They are not just desert animals. I would like to see Roadrunner again. I have seen them in Eaton Canyon in Pasadena, CA.

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 18:22:57   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
lamiaceae wrote:
That really is a pretty unhealthy looking Coyote. We have city dwelling ones in many places in California. Apparently some on the streets around where I live and they have been seen on the beach at Pismo Beach! They are not just desert animals. I would like to see Roadrunner again. I have seen them in Eaton Canyon in Pasadena, CA.


Thanks for looking and commenting Mike. This pack seems to be in pretty bad shape. This one seems to have a bad left eye on top of everything else. Only good thing is that they don't raid garbage cans. There are a few missing cats and small dogs attributed to them

Reply
 
 
Jan 12, 2022 18:24:52   #
Stash Loc: South Central Massachusetts
 

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 18:25:39   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
Stash wrote:



Reply
Jan 12, 2022 18:35:52   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Good shots of a sad guy, Jack!

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 18:37:07   #
kpmac Loc: Ragley, La
 
Great images. Nasty-looking critters.

Reply
 
 
Jan 12, 2022 19:51:27   #
robertjerl Loc: Corona, California
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
We have a pack of four, probably a family group, of the mangiest coyotes in SE Arizona


Hey they are exhausted and frazzled from dodging the Border Patrol leading groups of illegals across through the desert!

Opps, looked at the pictures, wrong type of Coyotes unless someone trained these real well up to police/rescue dog standards.

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 20:58:47   #
lamiaceae Loc: San Luis Obispo County, CA
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
Thanks for looking and commenting Mike. This pack seems to be in pretty bad shape. This one seems to have a bad left eye on top of everything else. Only good thing is that they don't raid garbage cans. There are a few missing cats and small dogs attributed to them


Here on the California Central Coast some of the silly humans seem to feed the coyotes by turning unwanted roosters loose on public land and then wonder why we have an explosion in the coyote population. "Ours" seem well fed, including on pet cats and small dogs. Coyotes are not an endangered species. Peace

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 21:13:25   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
UTMike wrote:
Good shots of a sad guy, Jack!


Yeah Mike, I wish I could just take them out but it's not possible in a residential neighborhood

Reply
Jan 12, 2022 21:14:21   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
kpmac wrote:
Great images. Nasty-looking critters.


Thanks Ken, see my response to UT Mike

Reply
Page 1 of 4 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Photo Gallery
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.