Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Sports Photography
Collins Hill vs Graham-Kapowsin (Geico State Championship Bowl Series)
Page 1 of 2 next>
Dec 20, 2021 14:05:24   #
Jules Karney Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
 
I had the honor of Maxpreps asked me if I could take an assignment and cover this game.
Of course I said yes and to be paid as well, I am there.
Day was cold here in the valley, so I have my long johns under my clothes, gloves with no finger tips, man I am ready. It turns out the day was about 50 degrees but when the sun went down toward the end of the game man it got cold.
Anyway this by far was the greatest game I ever had the pleasure of shooting. Score changed about 11 times. It went down to the final 30 seconds of the game when the quarterback hit the end in the back of the end zone for the final score for the upset win. Wow how exciting. Tried to get to all areas of the field for the best shots and you know how that goes. Camera D500 300 2.8 and D4 80-400 4.5-5.6 24-70 2.8 with fill flash for after the game shots.

Here are some for you guys and gals to look at.

Happy Holidays,

Jules


(Download)

It would take at least 4 guys to bring this back down. He was unreal..
It would take at least 4 guys to bring this back d...
(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Reply
Dec 20, 2021 15:14:05   #
joecichjr Loc: Chicago S. Suburbs, Illinois, USA
 
Jules Karney wrote:
I had the honor of Maxpreps asked me if I could take an assignment and cover this game.
Of course I said yes and to be paid as well, I am there.
Day was cold here in the valley, so I have my long johns under my clothes, gloves with no finger tips, man I am ready. It turns out the day was about 50 degrees but when the sun went down toward the end of the game man it got cold.
Anyway this by far was the greatest game I ever had the pleasure of shooting. Score changed about 11 times. It went down to the final 30 seconds of the game when the quarterback hit the end in the back of the end zone for the final score for the upset win. Wow how exciting. Tried to get to all areas of the field for the best shots and you know how that goes. Camera D500 300 2.8 and D4 80-400 4.5-5.6 24-70 2.8 with fill flash for after the game shots.

Here are some for you guys and gals to look at.

Happy Holidays,

Jules
I had the honor of Maxpreps asked me if I could ta... (show quote)


Wonderful action shots 💎⭐💎⭐💎

Reply
Dec 20, 2021 19:43:27   #
rickberns Loc: Conroe, Texas
 
Jules Karney wrote:
I had the honor of Maxpreps asked me if I could take an assignment and cover this game.
Of course I said yes and to be paid as well, I am there.
Day was cold here in the valley, so I have my long johns under my clothes, gloves with no finger tips, man I am ready. It turns out the day was about 50 degrees but when the sun went down toward the end of the game man it got cold.
Anyway this by far was the greatest game I ever had the pleasure of shooting. Score changed about 11 times. It went down to the final 30 seconds of the game when the quarterback hit the end in the back of the end zone for the final score for the upset win. Wow how exciting. Tried to get to all areas of the field for the best shots and you know how that goes. Camera D500 300 2.8 and D4 80-400 4.5-5.6 24-70 2.8 with fill flash for after the game shots.

Here are some for you guys and gals to look at.

Happy Holidays,

Jules
I had the honor of Maxpreps asked me if I could ta... (show quote)


Happy Holidays Jules,

Great work and congrats on Maxpreps choosing you to photograph that game, couldn't of picked a better person.

Just saw your entire gallery (great action), well done, white's came in a little hot on a few of those nice white uniforms/helmets (nice to have some light for once in awhile right).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
Rick

Reply
 
 
Dec 20, 2021 19:59:33   #
tom kf4wol
 
Jules,

Super Work, Love the Photos.

Max Prep's pick the right Guy to shoot this game for them.

Merry Christmas,

Be well, Be Safe, Be Blessed.

Tom

Reply
Dec 20, 2021 20:50:34   #
Jules Karney Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
 
joecichjr wrote:
Wonderful action shots 💎⭐💎⭐💎


Thank you for looking Joe. As always appreciated.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,
Jules

Reply
Dec 20, 2021 20:51:11   #
Jules Karney Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
 
tom kf4wol wrote:
Jules,

Super Work, Love the Photos.

Max Prep's pick the right Guy to shoot this game for them.

Merry Christmas,

Be well, Be Safe, Be Blessed.

Tom


Hi Tom:

Happy Holidays to you as well. Thanks for your comments your a nice man.

Be well,
Jules

Reply
Dec 20, 2021 20:52:46   #
Jules Karney Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
 
rickberns wrote:
Happy Holidays Jules,

Great work and congrats on Maxpreps choosing you to photograph that game, couldn't of picked a better person.

Just saw your entire gallery (great action), well done, white's came in a little hot on a few of those nice white uniforms/helmets (nice to have some light for once in awhile right).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
Rick


Hi Rick: Yes I hear you with the whites, tried to correct in Photoshop. Loved shooting this game, so much action and big plays, the fans went crazy at the final buzzer.
Have a wonderful holiday sir Rick.

Jules

Reply
 
 
Dec 21, 2021 06:01:21   #
tshift Loc: Overland Park, KS.
 
Jules Karney wrote:
I had the honor of Maxpreps asked me if I could take an assignment and cover this game.
Of course I said yes and to be paid as well, I am there.
Day was cold here in the valley, so I have my long johns under my clothes, gloves with no finger tips, man I am ready. It turns out the day was about 50 degrees but when the sun went down toward the end of the game man it got cold.
Anyway this by far was the greatest game I ever had the pleasure of shooting. Score changed about 11 times. It went down to the final 30 seconds of the game when the quarterback hit the end in the back of the end zone for the final score for the upset win. Wow how exciting. Tried to get to all areas of the field for the best shots and you know how that goes. Camera D500 300 2.8 and D4 80-400 4.5-5.6 24-70 2.8 with fill flash for after the game shots.

Here are some for you guys and gals to look at.

Happy Holidays,

Jules
I had the honor of Maxpreps asked me if I could ta... (show quote)



Is that the best you could do? LOL, LOL. Looked on Max. They definately pick the right person for this game. SUPER my friend, loved them all. You really caught the action in this one. 2-3 years ago they asked me to shoot an event for them and I said Hell yes!. They do a Marine deal for Athlete of the month and then of the year. One of our local football players won. It was a pleasure to shoot and what a nice young man and his whole family. I would definately do it again and might even do for free, hope they don't see that LOL. Thanks for the photos. GOD bless and hope you and your wife have a Merry Christmas. BE SAFE!!

Tom

Reply
Dec 21, 2021 09:43:28   #
charlienow Loc: Hershey, PA
 
As usual Jules great work.

Every time I see your work it makes me want a D500.

Chuck

Reply
Dec 21, 2021 11:02:13   #
Jules Karney Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
 
tshift wrote:
Is that the best you could do? LOL, LOL. Looked on Max. They definately pick the right person for this game. SUPER my friend, loved them all. You really caught the action in this one. 2-3 years ago they asked me to shoot an event for them and I said Hell yes!. They do a Marine deal for Athlete of the month and then of the year. One of our local football players won. It was a pleasure to shoot and what a nice young man and his whole family. I would definately do it again and might even do for free, hope they don't see that LOL. Thanks for the photos. GOD bless and hope you and your wife have a Merry Christmas. BE SAFE!!

Tom
Is that the best you could do? LOL, LOL. Looked on... (show quote)


Hi Tom
Yes it was a wild and crazy game. The best I ever shot. Wow the lead changed hands 11 times.
Happy Holidays to you and yours too,

Jules

Reply
Dec 21, 2021 11:06:47   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 
Great set Jules, as always!

Reply
 
 
Dec 21, 2021 18:43:37   #
PAR4DCR Loc: A Sunny Place
 
Great action images Jules!

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Don

Reply
Dec 21, 2021 20:20:48   #
pnittoly
 
Jules - these are among your best ever. Crisp, tack sharp and up close filling of the frame. Thanks for sharing !

Message to Chuck. - I have a D500 and I don’t approach the quality of Jules’ work. It’s a great piece of equipment but the expertise of the guy behind the lens is what makes the difference. Paul

Reply
Dec 22, 2021 06:19:13   #
tshift Loc: Overland Park, KS.
 
pnittoly wrote:
Jules - these are among your best ever. Crisp, tack sharp and up close filling of the frame. Thanks for sharing !

Message to Chuck. - I have a D500 and I don’t approach the quality of Jules’ work. It’s a great piece of equipment but the expertise of the guy behind the lens is what makes the difference. Paul


Paul you are so right. I have always heard that you could give a pro photographer a nothing camera and he could take THAT SHOT with it every time. So the equipment does help but you have to know how to use it. Thanks BE SAFE!! and Have a Happy Holiday season.

Tom

Reply
Dec 22, 2021 19:33:33   #
pnittoly
 
Thanks Tom. Merry Christmas and a Healthy 2022. Paul

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Sports Photography
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.