Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Long Exposure Photography Forum
First attempt at long exposure with moving water
Page 1 of 2 next>
Oct 21, 2012 13:17:56   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
Taken at Backbarrow in Cumbria UK.I did'nt have my tripod so had to rest my camera on the bridge wall,the settings where F/18 .F1/2 sec..ISO 100 on both photos.

1
1...

2
2...

Reply
Oct 21, 2012 19:52:01   #
tk Loc: Iowa
 
Great job!

Reply
Oct 22, 2012 02:57:30   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
Cheers tk and thanks for looking.

Reply
 
 
Oct 22, 2012 08:00:49   #
rlaugh Loc: Michigan & Florida
 
Good job mate!

Reply
Oct 22, 2012 08:09:34   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
rlaugh wrote:
Good job mate!


Cheers mate amd thanks for looking. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reply
Oct 22, 2012 12:35:29   #
gregoryd45 Loc: Fakahatchee Strand
 
angler wrote:
Taken at Backbarrow in Cumbria UK.I did'nt have my tripod so had to rest my camera on the bridge wall,the settings where F/18 .F1/2 sec..ISO 100 on both photos.


Great shots angler, very good for first attempt

Reply
Oct 22, 2012 12:40:37   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
gregoryd45 wrote:
angler wrote:
Taken at Backbarrow in Cumbria UK.I did'nt have my tripod so had to rest my camera on the bridge wall,the settings where F/18 .F1/2 sec..ISO 100 on both photos.


Great shots angler, very good for first attempt


Cheers Gregory and thanks for looking. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reply
 
 
Oct 25, 2012 09:31:57   #
Haveago Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire. UK.
 
Not too bad for an Angler. :-)

Baz

Reply
Oct 25, 2012 10:06:34   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
Haveago wrote:
Not too bad for an Angler. :-)

Baz


Cheers Baz and thanks for looking.

Reply
Oct 25, 2012 19:52:16   #
Birdguide Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
 
Like the second shot, I'm working on these kind of shots to, it's a challenge not to blow them outl. :thumbup:

Reply
Oct 26, 2012 04:58:17   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
Birdguide wrote:
Like the second shot, I'm working on these kind of shots to, it's a challenge not to blow them outl. :thumbup:


Cheers Birdguide and thanks for looking. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reply
 
 
Oct 26, 2012 11:27:13   #
briace Loc: liverpool uk
 
angler wrote:
Taken at Backbarrow in Cumbria UK.I did'nt have my tripod so had to rest my camera on the bridge wall,the settings where F/18 .F1/2 sec..ISO 100 on both photos.


class mate :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reply
Oct 26, 2012 13:00:30   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
briace wrote:
angler wrote:
Taken at Backbarrow in Cumbria UK.I did'nt have my tripod so had to rest my camera on the bridge wall,the settings where F/18 .F1/2 sec..ISO 100 on both photos.


class mate :thumbup: :thumbup:


Cheers Briace and thanks for looking. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reply
Oct 27, 2012 16:28:57   #
tusketwedge Loc: Nova Scotia Canada
 
I like the shots.The water is really moving .makes for nice white silky highlights.Here in N.S. we have 2 different kinds of lakes.Clear lakes that will give you the white silky look doesn't matter at what speed the water is running.The other we call dirty(what else eh?)That one will give you some white if cascading over rocks and obstacles ,as you will notice on the right side of the picture I posted ,and the yellow to golden hues to the left and some at the top of the dam on the right.You really get those colours when the sun is shining on it. Which was the case on those posted the first time.

Reply
Oct 28, 2012 06:34:56   #
angler Loc: StHelens England
 
tusketwedge wrote:
I like the shots.The water is really moving .makes for nice white silky highlights.Here in N.S. we have 2 different kinds of lakes.Clear lakes that will give you the white silky look doesn't matter at what speed the water is running.The other we call dirty(what else eh?)That one will give you some white if cascading over rocks and obstacles ,as you will notice on the right side of the picture I posted ,and the yellow to golden hues to the left and some at the top of the dam on the right.You really get those colours when the sun is shining on it. Which was the case on those posted the first time.
I like the shots.The water is really moving .makes... (show quote)


Cheers Tusketwedge and thanks for looking and also your informative comments,it's appreciated. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Long Exposure Photography Forum
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.