Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Christian Photography Group
From a list of inspirational quotes
Page 1 of 2 next>
Aug 10, 2021 17:53:53   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
to put on some of my pictures. This tree is what I see right outside my kitchen window. It's very close to the window and the first thing I see when I wake up and head for the kitchen.



Reply
Aug 11, 2021 06:12:30   #
tshift Loc: Overland Park, KS.
 
Horseart wrote:
to put on some of my pictures. This tree is what I see right outside my kitchen window. It's very close to the window and the first thing I see when I wake up and head for the kitchen.


Beautiful photo and beautiful thought! Thanks for the post. BE SAFE!

Tom

Reply
Aug 11, 2021 09:07:28   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 

Reply
 
 
Aug 11, 2021 15:13:12   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
tshift wrote:
Beautiful photo and beautiful thought! Thanks for the post. BE SAFE!

Tom


Thank you Tom.

Reply
Aug 11, 2021 15:13:39   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
yssirk123 wrote:


Thank you Bill.

Reply
Aug 28, 2021 07:58:03   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
Horseart wrote:
to put on some of my pictures. This tree is what I see right outside my kitchen window. It's very close to the window and the first thing I see when I wake up and head for the kitchen.


Lovely image and wise advice.

Reply
Aug 28, 2021 14:24:46   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
photophile wrote:
Lovely image and wise advice.


Thank you so much Karin.

Reply
 
 
Sep 25, 2021 20:06:00   #
ChrisW. Loc: Medina Co., OH
 
So true :)

Reply
Nov 25, 2021 08:24:54   #
StanRP Loc: Ontario Canada
 
Horseart wrote:
to put on some of my pictures. This tree is what I see right outside my kitchen window. It's very close to the window and the first thing I see when I wake up and head for the kitchen.


Steve Jobs, founder of the Apple Company, was not a Christian - but loved like one. In a talk about his life, he said 'Every morning, if it were the last day of your life, think about what is important, how would you plan your day. Do it every day because one day you will be right.

When he was dying of Cancer, his family were there, they were all a very important part of his life. As he was taking his last breaths, his sister, who wrote his Eulogy, recorded that his last words were "O Wow --- O Wow --- O Wow".

I suspect that he heard Matthew 25:34

Reply
Nov 26, 2021 00:08:42   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
StanRP wrote:
Steve Jobs, founder of the Apple Company, was not a Christian - but loved like one. In a talk about his life, he said 'Every morning, if it were the last day of your life, think about what is important, how would you plan your day. Do it every day because one day you will be right.

When he was dying of Cancer, his family were there, they were all a very important part of his life. As he was taking his last breaths, his sister, who wrote his Eulogy, recorded that his last words were "O Wow --- O Wow --- O Wow".

I suspect that he heard Matthew 25:34
Steve Jobs, founder of the Apple Company, was no... (show quote)


You may be right. Sounds like it.

Reply
Nov 26, 2021 10:41:02   #
StanRP Loc: Ontario Canada
 
You may be right. Sounds like it:

Hi Horseart,
Your reply: “You may be right. Sounds like it.” is a very good answer. It is God, the Father, who decides who the blood of his Son Jesus covers, not us. The so-called ‘witnessing’ taught by the church: telling a person that unless they accept Jesus as their saviour, they are going to hell, is wrong on two counts: The first is that this is judging and the second that there is no need for the person to even know that Jesus exists. The Church uses John 3:16, that has two meanings. For you or I, both meanings are a correct statement, but not for Jesus. Look at the words in
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jesus said “ believeth in him ” referring to God - the father, NOT “believeth in me”. referring to himself.

Question: Have you ever heard the church teach how Jesus commanded us to Witness? Read John 13:34-35.

Reply
 
 
Nov 27, 2021 00:36:14   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
Yes Stan. I'm sorry if you got my meaning wrong here. First of all I do not judge people. It's not my right to do so. I also never warn people that they may go to hell. That's not for me to say AND, even though I may show MY faith in some of my photos. I do not discuss any differences in politics or religious beliefs on forums. The card I made and posted in this thread simply suggests that we should treasure each day here. It mentions nothing about eternity.

Reply
Nov 27, 2021 07:49:08   #
StanRP Loc: Ontario Canada
 
Horseart wrote:
Yes Stan. I'm sorry if you got my meaning wrong here. First of all I do not judge people. It's not my right to do so. I also never warn people that they may go to hell. That's not for me to say AND, even though I may show MY faith in some of my photos. I do not discuss any differences in politics or religious beliefs on forums. The card I made and posted in this thread simply suggests that we should treasure each day here. It mentions nothing about eternity.


Hi Horseart: I did not get your meaning wrong - I was and still am agreeing with you. I apologize for the wording of that question: I was not asking you personally: the Question: Have you ever heard the church teach how Jesus commanded us to Witness? was more of an academic “Something to think about”. People were first called Christians - Christ-Ones - in Antioch because they were known for their love. Today, in America, there are over 200 different ‘denominations’ of ‘church’ and over 40,000 world wide. each with their own set of beliefs. How many give any emphasis on the one command that Jesus gave us before going to the cross? Some years ago, in this SIG, I was consigned to hell for questioning the 6000 year old world ‘doctrine’. Please forgive me, there is so little activity in this SIG, I was trying to bring some life back - to have more than just nice photographs and quotations.

Reply
Nov 27, 2021 13:42:55   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
Sorry, there is nothing to forgive. I may be the one who misunderstood. Yes, we were given commands...how to witness and how to pray. Sadly, too many people people see those as suggestion now day. Someone thought they had the right to consign you to hell??? Pray for them.
All denominations that believe in Jesus Christ are aiming for the same goal. Sometimes we fall short of how we should live, but like a youngster, running away from home, but we always come back.
At my age, I have heard the whole Bible preached, had some great preachers in my life, but there's so much of it I cannot quote. I have to keep going back reading it over and over. I make myself believe that's a good thing...
When we ask God for help, we are often like children who take broken toys to a toymaker to repair. He cannot repair them as long as we hold onto them. We have to hand them to Him and leave them with Him.
At my age, I try to keep it as simple as possible. I try hard to do 3 things... First... PRAY, leave it with God (I cannot fix it), Next, ask that His will be done and then, try to be a living example as a witness. I don't think we would ever learn enough about God if we lived to be 1,000, but so many of us who are old, now wish we had more time to learn more.

Reply
Nov 27, 2021 13:53:25   #
Horseart Loc: Alabama
 
Oh and I do believe photography and our thought provoking quotations have a big role in showing people that there has to be a God. No man, monkey or comet could have created the beauty that they photographs show us. I don't think photographs were an accident discovered by man. I think they happened on purpose, so we could show people some of His beauty that they may never get the chance to see. After all, travelers can't go EVERYWHERE. If people cannot look at the landscapes, flowers, birds, children's faces, waterfalls.........and know they had to be created by God, all we can do is pray for them. He will hear us. Thank you for your shining light.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Christian Photography Group
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.