Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
Classic Jazz - Billy Holiday (aka Lady Day) and Lester Young (aka Prez)
Jul 22, 2021 13:09:06   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Early recordings - 38'. Two volumes.
What gems!!
https://youtu.be/ZBZP2UoGlZc - Vol 1
https://youtu.be/l29VHZFdzXk - Vol 2


Enjoy
Mark

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 17:54:39   #
dancers Loc: melbourne.victoria, australia
 
Mark I am a great fan of Billy's voice. what a sad life she had. these are most enjoyable.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 18:02:47   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
dancers wrote:
Mark I am a great fan of Billy's voice. what a sad life she had. these are most enjoyable.


Thanks, Audrey! I love her voice, too!! Yes, as many jazz musicians of the time, very sad lives!!
Mark

Reply
 
 
Jul 22, 2021 18:08:15   #
dancers Loc: melbourne.victoria, australia
 
markngolf wrote:
Thanks, Audrey! I love her voice, too!! Yes, as many jazz musicians of the time, very sad lives!!
Mark


I cannot think of one who had it easy!!!

Reply
Jul 23, 2021 06:17:23   #
tshift Loc: Overland Park, KS.
 
markngolf wrote:
Early recordings - 38'. Two volumes.
What gems!!
https://youtu.be/ZBZP2UoGlZc - Vol 1
https://youtu.be/l29VHZFdzXk - Vol 2


Enjoy
Mark


Thanks for the post Mark. I love her voice also. She was very nice lady. Old Prez wasn't bad himself. I really like listening to Jazz every once in a while. Thanks for the post. BE SAFE!

Tom

Reply
Jul 23, 2021 07:42:35   #
sumo Loc: Houston suburb
 
Billy Holiday is my all time favorite jazz/blues singer. Her voice is memorizing

Reply
Jul 23, 2021 08:21:41   #
Marg Loc: Canadian transplanted to NW Alabama
 
Another Billy Holiday fan here. And I have to admit I was very impressed with Diana Ross’ portrayal of her tough life in Lady Sings the Blues.

Reply
 
 
Jul 23, 2021 09:19:00   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
Very nice!

Reply
Jul 23, 2021 09:34:21   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
tshift wrote:
Thanks for the post Mark. I love her voice also. She was very nice lady. Old Prez wasn't bad himself. I really like listening to Jazz every once in a while. Thanks for the post. BE SAFE!

Tom


Thank you, Tom!!
Mark

Reply
Jul 23, 2021 09:35:33   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
sumo wrote:
Billy Holiday is my all time favorite jazz/blues singer. Her voice is memorizing


It's difficult to find one better than Lady Day!
Thanks,
Mark

Reply
Jul 23, 2021 09:38:13   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Marg wrote:
Another Billy Holiday fan here. And I have to admit I was very impressed with Diana Ross’ portrayal of her tough life in Lady Sings the Blues.


I agree with your comment about Diana Ross. Marvelous film. I listen to Billie frequently.
Mark

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.