Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main Photography Discussion
Nikon FE film camera
Page <prev 2 of 2
Jul 21, 2021 09:18:12   #
StanMac Loc: Tennessee
 
John Maher wrote:
I am surprised in interest in a manual camera since everything today is automatic.

I have a black (not titanium) FM2, standard black leather case, 50mm 1.8, 35mm f2.8, 200mm f4.0 with Nikon 62mm L1bc filter, HN-23 lens hood, HS-11 lens hood. Lenses are all AIS Nikor

But but never thought they were worth the trouble to sell, pack up, and ship.


That is a nice kit there. If you don’t want to use, it certainly would be worth your time to clean it and put it up for sale here, on photrio, fredmiranda, rangefinderforum, or other enthusiast site. There is still a lot of interest in manual film gear.

Stan

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 09:19:15   #
Lsengrav
 
John Maher wrote:
I am surprised in interest in a manual camera since everything today is automatic.

I have a black (not titanium) FM2, standard black leather case, 50mm 1.8, 35mm f2.8, 200mm f4.0 with Nikon 62mm L1bc filter, HN-23 lens hood, HS-11 lens hood. Lenses are all AIS Nikor

But but never thought they were worth the trouble to sell, pack up, and ship.


I'd take it all off your hands in a minute! But I live in Korea and already have an FE, F, F2A, Nikkormat EL, Crown Graphic and my Grampa's Icarex. In reply to the original post, I love my FE. It was the camera that got me back into film after I retired from the Army (and before I retrieved my F from my sister). It's light and is my go to travel film camera. I bought it for about $125 with lens.

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 09:30:19   #
ssymeono Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
 
You should treasure the FE, it's one of only two Nikons that allows you to shoot 39 frames (the other being the cult camera FM 3A). If your FE is in great condition -like the one held by model- and if it has a rare serial number, it could be valuable. You ought to post a picture of it with the serial number showing.
Sarantis

Reply
 
 
Jul 21, 2021 20:15:07   #
mundy-F2 Loc: Chicago suburban area
 
Genessi wrote:
What do you think about the FE Nikon. Its just sitting around with a 50mm 1:2 a couple other lenses grip and flash. I wonder could the 50mm be used on R5. Just wanted your input as far as value and popularity of vintage camera


The FE is a very good camera. I have it's older brother, the Nikkormat EL. Put some film in it and take a few shots.
Mundy

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 21:22:08   #
DaveyDitzer Loc: Western PA
 
Just a quick PS. Why not shoot a roll of Tri Ex once in a while. The Darkroom (I have no affiliation) does a great job finishing and printing and also supplies a CD or DVD with the images in digital format. When I start getting too quick on the trigger, I set up and thoughtfully shoot some B/W.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 00:28:18   #
AndyGarcia
 
John Maher wrote:
I am surprised in interest in a manual camera since everything today is automatic.

I have a black (not titanium) FM2, standard black leather case, 50mm 1.8, 35mm f2.8, 200mm f4.0 with Nikon 62mm L1bc filter, HN-23 lens hood, HS-11 lens hood. Lenses are all AIS Nikor

But but never thought they were worth the trouble to sell, pack up, and ship.


The 200 f/4 is highly sought after. The FM2 likewise. You will get good money for them both. The FM/FM2 were my fave film cameras. Both the 50 and the 35 will sell though they are not worth a lot. I have a 35 f/2,8 which I use on my Fujis from time to time. Lovely little lens. If you don't use them there will be many grateful buyers out there.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 21:08:51   #
Photocraig
 
Beowulf wrote:
I'll add my two cents: In the mid to late 70s I owned and used an FE, FM, FE2, and FM2, and they were all terrific cameras. Depending on condition, in the used camera market, they usually go for $!25-250 range for body only. The FM2, especially, has a strong following.

Beowulf


That's consistent with my experience. KEH gave me a good value for my FM2. Don't remember the exact price since I sold a large amount in person at a "road" event. They are great cameras. I liked the smaller lighter form factor. I used teh motor drive for a few action shoots. It really ate up the film.

Reply
 
 
Jul 22, 2021 22:15:02   #
Thomas902 Loc: Washington DC
 
Update: My two Nikon FE's and AI 50mm f/1.8 are no longer available...
Have a buyer... Thanks!

Reply
Jul 23, 2021 23:14:57   #
Architect1776 Loc: In my mind
 
Genessi wrote:
What do you think about the FE Nikon. Its just sitting around with a 50mm 1:2 a couple other lenses grip and flash. I wonder could the 50mm be used on R5. Just wanted your input as far as value and popularity of vintage camera


I like my FE and yes all your old F lenses can be adapted to the R5 or any other Canon R, FL, FD, EF mount camera as well with no issue of infinity focus.

Reply
Jul 24, 2021 16:52:46   #
rook2c4 Loc: Philadelphia, PA USA
 
Genessi wrote:
What do you think about the FE Nikon. Its just sitting around with a 50mm 1:2 a couple other lenses grip and flash. I wonder could the 50mm be used on R5. Just wanted your input as far as value and popularity of vintage camera


The Nikon FE is a wonderful camera. A lot of fun and built to last. Do yourself a favor and use it!

Reply
Aug 2, 2021 18:24:25   #
Genessi Loc: SoCal
 
ssymeono wrote:
You should treasure the FE, it's one of only two Nikons that allows you to shoot 39 frames (the other being the cult camera FM 3A). If your FE is in great condition -like the one held by model- and if it has a rare serial number, it could be valuable. You ought to post a picture of it with the serial number showing.
Sarantis


Thanks! FE3075922

Reply
Page <prev 2 of 2
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main Photography Discussion
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.