Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
Worth at Least a Smile
Page 1 of 2 next>
Jul 18, 2021 12:04:41   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
I don't know if this picture from the book store is for real, but it is amusing. A friend sent it to me. As for the wood pile, I can't imagine him burning and building every year.





Reply
Jul 18, 2021 12:32:55   #
stanikon Loc: Waller TX
 
If the wood pile is in Alaska, that is about a 2-month supply. Three if your cabin is small and well-insulated.

Reply
Jul 19, 2021 06:38:25   #
Doddy Loc: Barnard Castle-England
 
A cheap Hobby as well, start off with cheap kitchen knife, and if you find its to your liking, progress up to weapons of mass destruction!

Reply
 
 
Jul 19, 2021 08:06:23   #
sb Loc: Florida's East Coast
 
The traditional saying in Vermont was that your wood pile needed to be as big as your house in order to get through the winter. Of course, they make homes - and wood stoves - a lot more efficient these days.

Reply
Jul 19, 2021 08:29:17   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 

Reply
Jul 19, 2021 08:41:30   #
Soul Dr. Loc: Beautiful Shenandoah Valley
 
I don't think I want to discover that new hobby!

will

Reply
Jul 19, 2021 08:55:25   #
Stephan G
 
jerryc41 wrote:
I don't know if this picture from the book store is for real, but it is amusing. A friend sent it to me. As for the wood pile, I can't imagine him burning and building every year.


I have a shot from a book store somewhere, one I took decades ago. In the section "Fiction", a whole section made up of the many published bibles. In several languages, to boot.


Reply
 
 
Jul 19, 2021 10:25:36   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
Stephan G wrote:
I have a shot from a book store somewhere, one I took decades ago. In the section "Fiction", a whole section made up of the many published bibles. In several languages, to boot.



They wouldn't get away with that today.

Reply
Jul 19, 2021 10:35:17   #
Stephan G
 
jerryc41 wrote:
They wouldn't get away with that today.


I support Truth in advertising.




When I am approached by someone who spouting some biblical verse, I do ask for the publication date, the publication house, and the language of publication of the source.

I did have one person cite Cecil B. DeMille's Ten Commandments.

Reply
Jul 19, 2021 11:17:18   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
No one ever steals un-split wood.

Reply
Jul 19, 2021 13:36:30   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
Stephan G wrote:
I did have one person cite Cecil B. DeMille's Ten Commandments.


Of course! "But I saw that in the movie."

Reply
 
 
Jul 19, 2021 15:25:39   #
bodiebill
 
Stephan G wrote:
I have a shot from a book store somewhere, one I took decades ago. In the section "Fiction", a whole section made up of the many published bibles. In several languages, to boot.



Share this at the Gate!!

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 04:18:39   #
paulrph1 Loc: Washington, Utah
 
jerryc41 wrote:
I don't know if this picture from the book store is for real, but it is amusing. A friend sent it to me. As for the wood pile, I can't imagine him burning and building every year.


One of my favorite things to do is cut and stack firewood, I am 74. but even that task seems undaunting to me. Not so much the amount of wood but the precision of the stacking.

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 08:47:19   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
paulrph1 wrote:
One of my favorite things to do is cut and stack firewood, I am 74. but even that task seems undaunting to me. Not so much the amount of wood but the precision of the stacking.


I do less cutting and splitting, but I still do a lot of stacking.

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 08:50:08   #
paulrph1 Loc: Washington, Utah
 
jerryc41 wrote:
I do less cutting and splitting, but I still do a lot of stacking.

Hey Jerry I bought a log splitter one of the best purchases I have made instead of that extra camera. Are you stacked for winter?

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-photography talk)
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.