Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Panorama
Storm on the way
Jul 7, 2021 19:35:17   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
One of those End of the World go hide in the basement Weather warnings. Looking at the Radar, it is going to split around us and we'll miss the high winds and Quarter sized hail. I sure hope so, but we also miss the rain, which we need. Light was interesting, so a 5 shot Stitch Pano. D3 with 24-85 1:3.5 4.5 G Hand Held.
Note: In the time it took to process and post, full sun again!


(Download)

Reply
Jul 7, 2021 20:04:55   #
John from gpwmi Loc: Michigan
 
Well it made for a beautiful shot of your backyard, QD. Wishing you some rain though.

Reply
Jul 7, 2021 20:27:18   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
John from gpwmi wrote:
Well it made for a beautiful shot of your backyard, QD. Wishing you some rain though.


Thanks very much! Radar is clear. All is well ex the lack of moisture.

Reply
 
 
Jul 7, 2021 20:40:51   #
Cany143 Loc: SE Utah
 
You've shown, and I've seen, this same image --in one variation or another-- what? a dozen times or more? And that's not just okay, its better than 'okay.'

Its better because (I figure/suppose/expect) I figure/suppose/expect we shoot best what we know best, and who knows better the je ne sais qua wonderfulness of what's immediately out our own front door?

If --and when-- you post the next dozen of essentially the same shot, I'll understand. And I'll like those, too.

Reply
Jul 7, 2021 20:58:59   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
Cany143 wrote:
You've shown, and I've seen, this same image --in one variation or another-- what? a dozen times or more? And that's not just okay, its better than 'okay.'

Its better because (I figure/suppose/expect) I figure/suppose/expect we shoot best what we know best, and who knows better the je ne sais qua wonderfulness of what's immediately out our own front door?

If --and when-- you post the next dozen of essentially the same shot, I'll understand. And I'll like those, too.


Thanks, I probably should put the disclaimer on - another view of the home canyon. Problem is, I just don't get tired of it. I see nuances and variations and the light. The Pano has always fascinated me, I still have the Nikon Pan head from film days, a lot easier in digital. Anyhow thanks again. I will try to be a bit more critical. When you live everyday with something you find striking, well, you understand.

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 08:36:09   #
yssirk123 Loc: New Jersey
 
Beautiful image QD - you sure are having lots of fun with the D3!

Reply
Jul 8, 2021 09:45:12   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
yssirk123 wrote:
Beautiful image QD - you sure are having lots of fun with the D3!


Thank you! The D3 continues to please and amaze. I have newer more expensive cameras that aren't getting as much use as before I had it. I'll have to throw a big print or two from it, something I've yet to do.

Reply
 
 
Jul 9, 2021 12:20:21   #
Cwilson341 Loc: Central Florida
 
Very nice, well done pano! Glad you weather cleared up and hopefully peaceful rain showers will be along soon.

Reply
Jul 9, 2021 12:34:46   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
Cwilson341 wrote:
Very nice, well done pano! Glad you weather cleared up and hopefully peaceful rain showers will be along soon.


Thanks! Got a very good local rain.

Reply
Jul 25, 2021 09:09:47   #
2buckskin Loc: Wyoming
 
That's really nice, I like those storm clouds and the lighting on the cliffs

Reply
Jul 25, 2021 09:17:03   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
2buckskin wrote:
That's really nice, I like those storm clouds and the lighting on the cliffs


Thanks very much for looking & commenting!

Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2022 16:00:20   #
imp by mike Loc: Minnesota/Wisconsin/North Carolina
 
Lovely shot! Do you have any with more “conflict” in the sky? I tried finding one on your profile, but only ended up hungry! 🤤
Cheers!

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:21:27   #
Quixdraw Loc: American Free States - Montana
 
imp by mike wrote:
Lovely shot! Do you have any with more “conflict” in the sky? I tried finding one on your profile, but only ended up hungry! 🤤
Cheers!


Thank you! Both unseasonably cold weather and a recent but now corrected health issue slowed me down. Been indoors mostly and doing food. If you look further back in the Fall you should find some. Thanks for looking & commenting!

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Panorama
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2022 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.