Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
My “Professional” photos at Fairmont Princess
Page 1 of 2 next>
Apr 7, 2021 12:23:52   #
Mi630
 
Last week I posted an item about the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale not allowing me to use my “professional camera” on the property. I was informed of this on the next to last day of my 11 night stay by security. Anyway I had already taken a lot of pictures on the grounds. These today are my “professional” photos of their heron. His name is Harold. Not quite professional but I enjoy it.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)
I think this is a baby heron. Not for sure
I think this is a baby heron. Not for sure...
(Download)

Apr 7, 2021 12:26:09   #
PixelStan77 Loc: Vermont/Chicago
 
Mi630 wrote:
Last week I posted an item about the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale not allowing me to use my “professional camera” on the property. I was informed of this on the next to last day of my 11 night stay by security. Anyway I had already taken a lot of pictures on the grounds. These today are my “professional” photos of their heron. His name is Harold. Not quite professional but I enjoy it.


Beautiful set.My favorite is the second image.

Apr 7, 2021 12:29:14   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
I'm with Stan on this.
--Bob

 
 
Apr 7, 2021 12:32:25   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
"Professional Camera" my rear end!
I'm no pro either, but a camera with inter-changeable lenses is my primary choice of camera.

If I drive a ≈Boss 302 Mustang, does that mean I'm a "Professional Race Car Driver" also?

Apr 7, 2021 12:34:41   #
domcomm Loc: Denver, CO
 
I like the reflection in the first one.

Apr 7, 2021 12:36:10   #
weberwest Loc: Ferndale WA
 
Great shots Mi630!

Apr 7, 2021 12:37:21   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
You did "professionally" very well with Harold!

 
 
Apr 7, 2021 13:09:32   #
jno
 
Last image is a Green Heron.

Apr 7, 2021 13:16:14   #
lamiaceae Loc: San Luis Obispo County, CA
 
Longshadow wrote:
"Professional Camera" my rear end!
I'm no pro either, but a camera with inter-changeable lenses is my primary choice of camera.

If I drive a ≈Boss 302 Mustang, does that mean I'm a "Professional Race Car Driver" also?


Nope. I once had a 302 CID Mavrick, a POS.

Apr 7, 2021 13:17:46   #
Hereford Loc: Palm Coast, FL
 
I would say all of those are "professional" photos. Very Very nice photos of Harold. No Wonder hotel security decided to go after you. #1 is just plain awesome.

Apr 7, 2021 13:29:37   #
phv Loc: Goleta, California
 
Your shots are lovely and the small heron is a beautiful green heron.

 
 
Apr 7, 2021 13:37:10   #
Craigdca Loc: Pasadena, California
 
Nice job, and great story of being seen as a pro

Apr 7, 2021 13:39:14   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
lamiaceae wrote:
Nope. I once had a 302 CID Mavrick, a POS.

Haha, First wife had a <plain> Maverick when we were married.
It worked.....

Apr 7, 2021 13:47:54   #
Mi630
 
jno wrote:
Last image is a Green Heron.


Green heron, eh?? I’ve never seen one,then. Is it full grown?

Apr 7, 2021 14:05:55   #
Amator21
 
Mi630 wrote:
Last week I posted an item about the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale not allowing me to use my “professional camera” on the property. I was informed of this on the next to last day of my 11 night stay by security. Anyway I had already taken a lot of pictures on the grounds. These today are my “professional” photos of their heron. His name is Harold. Not quite professional but I enjoy it.


All the pictures in this series is what i would call "professional", I think the world of picture no. 1. The only reason I can think of to forbid picture taking of the birds is that some eager (non-professionals!) might disturb the birds. I'm glad you got some pictures before you were called off!

Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.