Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Remember the TV program, "Jazz Casual"?
Feb 25, 2021 18:30:54   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
It was on National Educational Television (NET) forerunner to PBS. Ralph Gleason, a well known jazz critic, was the moderator.
Here's almost two hours of John Coltrane on one of the series. Classic TV/jazz!!
https://youtu.be/xKLsJqtR_i4?t=1

Enjoy and be safe,
Mark

Feb 26, 2021 13:53:33   #
Big Yankee Fan
 
Thanks Mark. Wonderful stuff.

Feb 26, 2021 14:19:51   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Big Yankee Fan wrote:
Thanks Mark. Wonderful stuff.


Thanks for letting me know!
Mark

 
 
Feb 26, 2021 16:47:11   #
Advark
 
Mark, I am sure this is a silly question for you.
Do you know of W. Royal Stokes? I just became
aware of him a few days ago in scanning the Washington
Post. I don't subscribe to it despite it modest subscription
fee. However, I do like to scan the headlines. Having been a jazz
music lover a very long time, I was surprised I never heard
of him. He is a really extraordinary person with enough
talent and skill for 100 people.

I wonder if there are other jazz aficionados that have
never heard of him.

I always enjoy you links.

Lee

Feb 26, 2021 16:54:14   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Advark wrote:
Mark, I am sure this is a silly question for you.
Do you know of W. Royal Stokes? I just became
aware of him a few days ago in scanning the Washington
Post. I don't subscribe to it despite it modest subscription
fee. However, I do like to scan the headlines. Having been a jazz
music lover a very long time, I was surprised I never heard
of him. He is a really extraordinary person with enough
talent and skill for 100 people.

I wonder if there are other jazz aficionados that have
never heard of him.

I always enjoy you links.

Lee
Mark, I am sure this is a silly question for you. ... (show quote)


Thanks, Lee! I have never heard of him. I Googled him and was quite surprised.
One never can grab the entirety of jazz! (I guess)
Mark

Feb 26, 2021 17:07:23   #
Louis in QC Loc: Gatineau QC Canada
 
Monumental group, nothing less! Thanks Mark :)

Feb 26, 2021 17:14:39   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Louis in QC wrote:
Monumental group, nothing less! Thanks Mark :)


Thanks, Louis!!
If you love jazz you are my friend.
Mark

 
 
Feb 27, 2021 10:16:17   #
Louis in QC Loc: Gatineau QC Canada
 
markngolf wrote:
Thanks, Louis!!
If you love jazz you are my friend.
Mark


Mark, Jazz has been with me since the 70's and, if I may say, is here to stay! So I guess, friends for life
Cheers,
Louis

Feb 27, 2021 10:23:23   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Louis in QC wrote:
Mark, Jazz has been with me since the 70's and, if I may say, is here to stay! So I guess, friends for life
Cheers,
Louis


I began in the 40's, Louis. So happy to have another jazz friend!!

BTW: Do you subscribe to Jazzonthetube? I have for 20+ years. It's free, but I make a contribution each year. Check it out:https://jazzonthetube.com/video
Mark

Feb 27, 2021 16:10:15   #
Louis in QC Loc: Gatineau QC Canada
 
markngolf wrote:
I began in the 40's, Louis. So happy to have another jazz friend!!

BTW: Do you subscribe to Jazzonthetube? I have for 20+ years. It's free, but I make a contribution each year. Check it out:https://jazzonthetube.com/video
Mark


Thanks for the link Mark, it is now in my favorites!

Feb 27, 2021 16:28:19   #
markngolf Loc: Bridgewater, NJ
 
Louis in QC wrote:
Thanks for the link Mark, it is now in my favorites!


My pleasure. I have it converted to mp3 format. I'd be happy to send it to you via my Dropbox. I'd need an email address. Or I can send it via private message.
Whoops, I misunderstood your note. Now I understand you meant the link to jazzonthetube.
Enjoy,
Mark

If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.