Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
B&H shipping
Page 1 of 7 next> last>>
Feb 25, 2021 13:09:11   #
hwilsonphoto Loc: Montana
 
Has anyone had an order from B&H seemingly get "stuck" somewhere? Mine is showing an estimated delivery date of yesterday (2/24), but that it has been in Newark since 2/23 at 2:30a.m.



Feb 25, 2021 13:13:41   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
I ordered some stuff a week or two ago, no problem.

Feb 25, 2021 13:16:57   #
reverand
 
I recently received an email from B&H apologizing for delays. Something apparently went wrong in Newark.

 
 
Feb 25, 2021 13:17:04   #
johngault007 Loc: Florida Panhandle
 
I just ordered a new ball head and L-bracket last week (Wednesday). They sent me a message stating my order would be filled late due to the snow storm and I still got it that following Monday, which was the estimated delivery day from the initial order. So, nope, stuff moved very quick for me as well all the way down here to Florida.

Feb 25, 2021 13:24:03   #
Mac Loc: Hernando County Florida
 
hwilsonphoto wrote:
Has anyone had an order from B&H seemingly get "stuck" somewhere? Mine is showing an estimated delivery date of yesterday (2/24), but that it has been in Newark since 2/23 at 2:30a.m.


It looks like the problem is with FedEx not B&H. Things got snarled with the series of snow storms that hit the northeast, but that should have been straightened out by now. I suggest you contact FedEx and give them your tracking number so they can get you some information.

Feb 25, 2021 13:32:58   #
hwilsonphoto Loc: Montana
 
Hmm... thanks all for the input! I'll contact FedEx

Feb 25, 2021 13:49:07   #
Bill_de Loc: US
 
B&H shipping has gone done hill in some areas since they switched to FedEX. I ordered a chair from Walmart recently. It came FedEx 2 days late and torn to shreds. I returned it and ordered a similar chair from Amazon. It came on time in perfect condition ...UPS. The driver rang me door bell and asked if I wanted in the garage.

B&H is a great company, but I detest the way FedEx handles things, at least where I live.

---

 
 
Feb 25, 2021 13:56:47   #
johngault007 Loc: Florida Panhandle
 
Bill_de wrote:
B&H shipping has gone done hill in some areas since they switched to FedEX. I ordered a chair from Walmart recently. It came FedEx 2 days late and torn to shreds. I returned it and ordered a similar chair from Amazon. It came on time in perfect condition ...UPS. The driver rang me door bell and asked if I wanted in the garage.

B&H is a great company, but I detest the way FedEx handles things, at least where I live.

---


I've had packages show up in less than desirable condition and/or late from USPS, UPS, and FedEx. Granted it's not often, but does that mean all three companies have gone to complete crap and should be torn to shreds? Or, and just follow me on this one, do some packages just have the unfortunate fate of not being handled properly for numerous reasons?

If it happens every time, I would call that an issue. But if it only happens once then there is no reason to get all salty about it.

Feb 25, 2021 14:11:21   #
PHRubin Loc: Nashville TN USA
 
Many weather related issues. I had a package shipped by UPS from NJ on the 15th of Feb. It still hasn't arrived on the 25th. Since it is a perishable food item, I will refuse delivery. I was advised not to open it as that constitutes acceptance.

Feb 25, 2021 17:56:16   #
Mac Loc: Hernando County Florida
 
PHRubin wrote:
Many weather related issues. I had a package shipped by UPS from NJ on the 15th of Feb. It still hasn't arrived on the 25th. Since it is a perishable food item, I will refuse delivery. I was advised not to open it as that constitutes acceptance.


Since you are not going to accept it, it would be a good idea to cancel the payment through your credit card.
Several months ago I ordered some stuff from Omaha Steaks, who uses UPS. I got an e-mail notice that it had been delivered, but I had been home all day and there had been no deliveries. I called UPS and learned that it had been delivered to the post office. I called the post office and they had it, but they couldn’t deliver it because there was nothing on the box authorizing the post office to deliver it. I went to the post office and picked it up. I didn’t feel I had any gripe with USPS because they didn’t do anything wrong. My gripe was with UPS. I sent a message to UPS on their “Contact US” link to let them know what happened, and I did the same with OS just so they would be aware. I haven’t had any problems since.

Feb 25, 2021 18:05:35   #
PHRubin Loc: Nashville TN USA
 
Mac wrote:
Since you are not going to accept it, it would be a good idea to cancel the payment through your credit card.
Several months ago I ordered some stuff from Omaha Steaks, who uses UPS. I got an e-mail notice that it had been delivered, but I had been home all day and there had been no deliveries. I called UPS and learned that it had been delivered to the post office. I called the post office and they had it, but they couldn’t deliver it because there was nothing on the box authorizing the post office to deliver it. I went to the post office and picked it up. I didn’t feel I had any gripe with USPS because they didn’t do anything wrong. My gripe was with UPS. I sent a message to UPS on their “Contact US” link to let them know what happened, and I did the same with OS just so they would be aware. I haven’t had any problems since.
Since you are not going to accept it, it would be ... (show quote)


It turns out the shipper IS responsible for damage, but NOT late delivery. The seller ships at their own risk. In this case, the seller re-shipped, no charge.

 
 
Feb 25, 2021 19:56:46   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
Bill_de wrote:
B&H shipping has gone done hill in some areas since they switched to FedEX. I ordered a chair from Walmart recently. It came FedEx 2 days late and torn to shreds. I returned it and ordered a similar chair from Amazon. It came on time in perfect condition ...UPS. The driver rang me door bell and asked if I wanted in the garage.

B&H is a great company, but I detest the way FedEx handles things, at least where I live.

---


I agree completely with you about FedEx. They are the worst.

Feb 25, 2021 20:52:35   #
Mac Loc: Hernando County Florida
 
PHRubin wrote:
It turns out the shipper IS responsible for damage, but NOT late delivery. The seller ships at their own risk. In this case, the seller re-shipped, no charge.


Good.

Feb 26, 2021 00:46:35   #
johngault007 Loc: Florida Panhandle
 
MadMikeOne wrote:
I agree completely with you about FedEx. They are the worst.


That is all based on individual experiences of course. Would it be more or less accurate if I said that I've had more bad experiences with UPS as opposed to FedEx?

Feb 26, 2021 06:53:49   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
hwilsonphoto wrote:
Has anyone had an order from B&H seemingly get "stuck" somewhere? Mine is showing an estimated delivery date of yesterday (2/24), but that it has been in Newark since 2/23 at 2:30a.m.


B&H wants you to be happy, why not call them at 1-800-482-8143 and as for customer service, be sure to have your order number handy. I am sure they will take good care of you and answer all of your pressing questions.

Page 1 of 7 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.