Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
First attempt at conversation to black and white
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 next>>
Feb 21, 2021 22:37:56   #
Retired CPO Loc: Travel full time in an RV
 
Ourspolair wrote:
You are off to a wonderful start. Great tonal range in the Ibis shot, and very nice renderings all. Thanks for sharing. Please stay safe.


And that is one of many problems with Black and White and animals. The bird is a Snowy Egret and it would be immediately obvious in Color! Number three is great!

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 22:39:32   #
theehmann
 
Retired CPO wrote:
And that is one of many problems with Black and White and animals. The bird is a Snowy Egret and it would be immediately obvious in Color! Number three is great!


Thanks so much.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 05:20:45   #
Ava'sPapa Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
IMHO, I'd say you nailed it. These photos are gorgeous. You should be proud of them!! You've inspired me to give it a try. Thanks.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 06:06:10   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
Very good start. The second one is exceptional.
--Bob
theehmann wrote:
I asked for help with converting to black and white in UHH and got some great suggestions so I gave it my best try. I am most appreciative to those who responded. Two days ago I visited the gallery of Clyde Butcher and it was so inspirational as he only does B and W.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 06:12:07   #
cameraf4 Loc: Delaware
 
"First attempt at conversation to black and white"? And what was B&W's reply? Images are nice.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 06:24:48   #
theehmann
 
Ava'sPapa wrote:
IMHO, I'd say you nailed it. These photos are gorgeous. You should be proud of them!! You've inspired me to give it a try. Thanks.


Thank you for your kind words.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 06:31:24   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
theehmann wrote:
I asked for help with converting to black and white in UHH and got some great suggestions so I gave it my best try. I am most appreciative to those who responded. Two days ago I visited the gallery of Clyde Butcher and it was so inspirational as he only does B and W.


Fantastic set of images!!!!

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 06:32:12   #
theehmann
 
Manglesphoto wrote:
Fantastic set of images!!!!


Thank you for your beautiful comment. Much appreciated.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 07:12:04   #
jaymatt Loc: Alexandria, Indiana
 

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 07:39:08   #
traderjohn Loc: New York City
 
theehmann wrote:
I asked for help with converting to black and white in UHH and got some great suggestions so I gave it my best try. I am most appreciative to those who responded. Two days ago I visited the gallery of Clyde Butcher and it was so inspirational as he only does B and W.


Nice pictures. For, me, the middle one is the one.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 07:40:09   #
theehmann
 
traderjohn wrote:
Nice pictures. For, me, the middle one is the one.


Thanks do much for your comment.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 08:08:59   #
joecichjr Loc: Illinois, USA
 
theehmann wrote:
I asked for help with converting to black and white in UHH and got some great suggestions so I gave it my best try. I am most appreciative to those who responded. Two days ago I visited the gallery of Clyde Butcher and it was so inspirational as he only does B and W.


Great shooting - and you did a beautiful job on each

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 08:30:34   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
Excellent images.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 08:33:06   #
theehmann
 
blacks2 wrote:
Excellent images.


Thanks so much.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 08:33:31   #
theehmann
 
blacks2 wrote:
Excellent images.


Thanks for your kind comment.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.