Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Abbreviation?
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Feb 21, 2021 11:53:05   #
Trying51
 
Hello every one. I have been reading this forum for about 2 years and it has been very informative, sometimes funny. I would like to know what the abbreviation GAS means. It is used in reference here frequently. Thanks to all. Bob

Feb 21, 2021 11:55:44   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

The perceived need/desire for more/newer gear.

Feb 21, 2021 11:57:29   #
Trying51
 
Thank You

 
 
Feb 21, 2021 12:07:02   #
BassmanBruce Loc: Middle of the Mitten
 
Also stands for Greatly angered spouse!

Feb 21, 2021 12:11:24   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
BassmanBruce wrote:
Also stands for Greatly angered spouse!

What happens when one succumbs to GAS.
One sometimes gets the other GAS.

Feb 21, 2021 12:12:20   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
Along with the belief that the new/more gear will take them to "the next level".
--Bob

Longshadow wrote:
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

The perceived need/desire for more/newer gear.

Feb 21, 2021 12:15:35   #
BassmanBruce Loc: Middle of the Mitten
 
rmalarz wrote:
Along with the belief that the new/more gear will take them to "the next level".
--Bob


Well it sure does with regards to their spouse!

 
 
Feb 21, 2021 12:15:52   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
rmalarz wrote:
Along with the belief that the new/more gear will take them to "the next level".
--Bob

They're hoping......

Feb 21, 2021 19:48:09   #
Trying51
 
Thanks for the responses.
Sometimes the side bars are quite humorous. Always appreciate a different point of view.

Feb 21, 2021 19:59:14   #
gsmith051 Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN
 
GAS is a common addiction for photographers.

Feb 22, 2021 06:55:20   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
Trying51 wrote:
Hello every one. I have been reading this forum for about 2 years and it has been very informative, sometimes funny. I would like to know what the abbreviation GAS means. It is used in reference here frequently. Thanks to all. Bob


Gear Acquisition Sickness

 
 
Feb 22, 2021 07:14:08   #
folkus
 
Longshadow wrote:
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

The perceived need/desire for more/newer gear.


Usually in the context of guilt or perceived resistance from one or more significant others who do not share the same desire.

Feb 22, 2021 07:15:36   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
folkus wrote:
Usually in the context of guilt or perceived resistance from one or more significant others who do not share the same desire.


My significant other lets me be as long as when I buy NEW stuff, I need to sell some OLD stuff. Works for us.

Feb 22, 2021 07:20:18   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
folkus wrote:
Usually in the context of guilt or perceived resistance from one or more significant others who do not share the same desire.


Feb 22, 2021 08:51:59   #
tcthome Loc: Keansburg , NJ
 
Longshadow wrote:
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

The perceived need/desire for more/newer gear.


need doesn't fit into the equation. Desire fits it perfect.

Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.