Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Bay BIFs and landcapes
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next>>
Feb 21, 2021 16:52:54   #
SX2002 Loc: Adelaide, South Australia
 
Beaut set Mike...

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 18:26:14   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
gwr wrote:
A rock shooter, huh? Someone is being humble, I've seen your past work. Case in point. Your first 2 photos are of a male Harrier Hawk. Around me, they are so rare to see they are referred to as the Gray Ghost. I would have attempted a back flip if I took either one of those pictures. Gary


You are very generous, Gary, thanks.

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 18:26:52   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Sylvias wrote:
Excellent downloads Mike, love #2 and the composition and beautiful pop of colour in the last one.


Thanks, Sylvia, I am working with better composition and presentation.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 21, 2021 18:27:08   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
SX2002 wrote:
Beaut set Mike...


I appreciate that, Ron.

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 20:00:56   #
Ourspolair
 
All great shots. excellent renderings, and you have done very well with the Harrier. Thanks for sharing. Please stay safe, Rock Shooter!

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 20:13:12   #
Uuglypher Loc: South Dakota (East River)
 
UTMike wrote:
As many of you know, I am a landscape enthusiast ("rock shooter") who attempts to get some decent bird photos. Whenever I go to a bird refuge I also like to capture what the area is like. I had a cold, windy day for shooting, but with decent light. This set shows the only two flying shots I took and some shots to show you Farmington Bay.

In past shoots here I had a problem with excessive noise when I set my camera at high speeds and ISO. So, I entered a setting for BIFs. The first two photos in this set are a male harrier (I think).

The landscapes show what the Farmington Bay area looks like from various positions.

Downloads are your best bet for viewing.
As many of you know, I am a landscape enthusiast (... (show quote)


Hey, Mike,
I like ‘em all, but especially the shots of the male harrier!
Top notch!

Dave

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 21:02:39   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Ourspolair wrote:
All great shots. excellent renderings, and you have done very well with the Harrier. Thanks for sharing. Please stay safe, Rock Shooter!


I appreciate your encouraging comments. How do you like your a7c?

| Reply
 
 
Feb 21, 2021 21:03:05   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Uuglypher wrote:
Hey, Mike,
I like ‘em all, but especially the shots of the male harrier!
Top notch!

Dave


Thanks, Dave, that lens is great.

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 22:32:00   #
CindyHouk Loc: Columbia Falls MT
 
You were out practicing too with BIF today....see great minds think alike! These are all wonderful Mike but that 2nd one is my favorite.

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 22:51:47   #
Retired CPO Loc: Travel full time in an RV
 
I'm going with Gary on this one. Not so far as to the backflip thing, they might find me in the Spring after the snow melted. But yeah I would be over the moon with either of your Grey Ghost shots. Dammit, now I'm going to have to start doing shots of rocks to try to keep up with you!

| Reply
Feb 21, 2021 23:39:47   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
CindyHouk wrote:
You were out practicing too with BIF today....see great minds think alike! These are all wonderful Mike but that 2nd one is my favorite.


Thanks, Cindy. I am getting the BIF settings straightened out.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 21, 2021 23:40:44   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Retired CPO wrote:
I'm going with Gary on this one. Not so far as to the backflip thing, they might find me in the Spring after the snow melted. But yeah I would be over the moon with either of your Grey Ghost shots. Dammit, now I'm going to have to start doing shots of rocks to try to keep up with you!


I do appreciate your kind words, Chief. I have so much to learn about shooting, composition and PP that I will never catch up.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 06:09:01   #
nimbushopper Loc: Tampa, FL
 

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 06:18:38   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
UTMike wrote:
As many of you know, I am a landscape enthusiast ("rock shooter") who attempts to get some decent bird photos. Whenever I go to a bird refuge I also like to capture what the area is like. I had a cold, windy day for shooting, but with decent light. This set shows the only two flying shots I took and some shots to show you Farmington Bay.

In past shoots here I had a problem with excessive noise when I set my camera at high speeds and ISO. So, I entered a setting for BIFs. The first two photos in this set are a male harrier (I think).

The landscapes show what the Farmington Bay area looks like from various positions.

Downloads are your best bet for viewing.
As many of you know, I am a landscape enthusiast (... (show quote)


Very nice set of images Mike

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 06:25:19   #
junglejim1949 Loc: Sacramento,CA
 
UTMike wrote:
As many of you know, I am a landscape enthusiast ("rock shooter") who attempts to get some decent bird photos. Whenever I go to a bird refuge I also like to capture what the area is like. I had a cold, windy day for shooting, but with decent light. This set shows the only two flying shots I took and some shots to show you Farmington Bay.

In past shoots here I had a problem with excessive noise when I set my camera at high speeds and ISO. So, I entered a setting for BIFs. The first two photos in this set are a male harrier (I think).

The landscapes show what the Farmington Bay area looks like from various positions.

Downloads are your best bet for viewing.
As many of you know, I am a landscape enthusiast (... (show quote)


Great Post Mike

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.