Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Second Covid Shot
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 next>>
 
Note: posting politics outside of the Attic is against UHH rules. Users that bring politics into this discussion will have their accounts banned from replying in this topic. Repeated violations will lead to account suspension.
 
Feb 18, 2021 10:24:18   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
I've been hearing a lot online and locally about people being very sick for a day or two after the second Covid shot (either kind). Many people experience nothing more serious than a sore arm, though. Our local school was closed for a few days because so many teachers had bad reactions to their second shot.

Have any of you gotten sick after the second one? I get my second on March 3. A friend got an appointment at a site two hours away, and then she got one locally. She's gong to try to go there with her husband and have him get the shot. She called and asked about it, and they said it's worth a try. Any opinions on that?

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:29:37   #
StanMac Loc: Tennessee
 
If it’s a choice of having a sore arm, or even “very sick,” for a day or two or a full blown case of COVID, I’ll take the second shot.

Stan

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:30:22   #
rusty66
 
I had a reaction after the first Pfizer shot and none after the second. Probably should get both if the problem is ever to get under control

| Reply
 
 
Feb 18, 2021 10:36:49   #
Soul Dr. Loc: Beautiful Shenandoah Valley
 
Didn't have any after effects with 1st one, other than arm being a little sore.
Didn't even feel the needle of the 1st one, it was over before I realized it.
Wife and I are going for the 2nd one next weds. the 24th.
I too, read of people having more after effects from the 2nd shot.

will

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:38:09   #
Cookie223 Loc: New Jersey
 
Jerry,
Both my wife and I had the first shot without any reaction. I also heard about some people feeling sick after the second shot, but like you said it’s only for a few days.
We’re going back this Sunday for our last shot, and hope that if we have a reaction it won’t be to bad.
Our doctor did recommend we take 2 Tylenol’s as soon as we get home, and 2 more 4 hours later if needed.

Hope all goes well for everyone.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:40:34   #
BassmanBruce Loc: Middle of the Mitten
 
We got our second shots two weeks ago, reaction was relieved with Advil and gone after 24 hrs for my better half.
I didn’t take anything and was fine the next day. I wouldn’t (didn’t in my case) hesitate for 1 second.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:44:20   #
Frank T
 
Got my second shot and had the usual sore arm but also ran a lowgrade fever for two days and a general feeling of fatigue.
Better than covid.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 18, 2021 10:44:53   #
ELNikkor
 
My wife was sick after her first (Pfizer). When they called her to come back for her second 3 weeks later, she went, but they wouldn't give it to her. (They said she wasn't in their system, even though they were the ones who had made the appointment!) Now, 8 weeks later (too late for the second one) they just called her and said she could come in for the second one again, (but she'd have to start over with the first one again, as too much time has passed!) Needless to say, she's skipping the whole thing and good riddance to it.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:46:25   #
BassmanBruce Loc: Middle of the Mitten
 
jerryc41 wrote:
A friend got an appointment at a site two hours away, and then she got one locally. She's gong to try to go there with her husband and have him get the shot. She called and asked about it, and they said it's worth a try. Any opinions on that?


Due to phone glitch I couldn’t get an appointment for my second shot, I went with my wife for her second appointment and when I showed them my first shot card they gave me the second shot.
I say go for it, nothing to lose by trying.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:46:50   #
achesley Loc: SW Louisiana
 
Wife had no problems! Me > 2nd due the 25th.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:46:54   #
Mac Loc: Hernando County Florida
 
jerryc41 wrote:
I've been hearing a lot online and locally about people being very sick for a day or two after the second Covid shot (either kind). Many people experience nothing more serious than a sore arm, though. Our local school was closed for a few days because so many teachers had bad reactions to their second shot.

Have any of you gotten sick after the second one? I get my second on March 3. A friend got an appointment at a site two hours away, and then she got one locally. She's gong to try to go there with her husband and have him get the shot. She called and asked about it, and they said it's worth a try. Any opinions on that?
I've been hearing a lot online and locally about p... (show quote)


Good luck. I think it’s worth the risk.
I have my first (Pfizer) later today and my second is scheduled for March 11.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 18, 2021 10:47:09   #
LEWHITE7747 Loc: 33773
 
Science rules. So glad to see all of you taking the vaccine. It is an incredible accomplishment in such a short time. They used a modification of the DNA and not a live virus. Ground breaking science. We can only hope the majority of our society gets this vaccine. Herd immunity is our goal and a path back to our past way of life .Thanks so much for your participation.. Remember it will take two weeks after your last shot to reach full efficacy. Stay safe.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:50:26   #
Schwabo Loc: Florida
 
Had both shot's, no Problem here. Teachers or goverment get payed working or not.

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:52:18   #
jerryc41 Loc: Catskill Mts of NY
 
StanMac wrote:
If it’s a choice of having a sore arm, or even “very sick,” for a day or two or a full blown case of COVID, I’ll take the second shot.

Stan


Definitely!

| Reply
Feb 18, 2021 10:57:02   #
Soul Dr. Loc: Beautiful Shenandoah Valley
 
Also remember not to take any Tylenol, Ibuprofen or any other pain reliever 24 hrs. prior to your shot.
Fine to take after getting the shot, but not before. It supposedly reduces the effect of the vaccine.

will

| Reply
 
Note: posting politics outside of the Attic is against UHH rules. Users that bring politics into this discussion will have their accounts banned from replying in this topic. Repeated violations will lead to account suspension.
 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.