Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Challenge: Trees--Feb. 18-20
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43 next>>
Feb 17, 2021 18:35:38   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
I enjoy trees year 'round, let's share our finds:


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Feb 17, 2021 18:44:14   #
kpmac Loc: Ragley, La
 
It should make for a very nice challenge, Karin.

Feb 17, 2021 19:01:58   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
kpmac wrote:
It should make for a very nice challenge, Karin.


Thanks.

 
 
Feb 17, 2021 19:27:28   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
A few more:


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Feb 17, 2021 19:35:13   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
photophile wrote:
I enjoy trees year 'round, let's share our finds:


Karin, I don't have many images of trees, other than forests. However, I did find these 2 shots.

The first was taken a few winters ago. I was on a group nature walk in a local state forest. The day was miserable - cold and dreary, no birds or wildlife worth shooting. I got it into my head to shoot upward.

The second was taken on a short walk at the Grand Canyon. People all over the place! I spotted this lone tree, and just went for it.





Feb 17, 2021 19:40:30   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
photophile wrote:
I enjoy trees year 'round, let's share our finds:


Thanks for hosting, Karin. Sure to be popular! Here are a few from this icy week with more ice and snow to come.


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

Feb 17, 2021 19:41:31   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
MadMikeOne wrote:
Karin, I don't have many images of trees, other than forests. However, I did find these 2 shots.

The first was taken a few winters ago. I was on a group nature walk in a local state forest. The day was miserable - cold and dreary, no birds or wildlife worth shooting. I got it into my head to shoot upward.

The second was taken on a short walk at the Grand Canyon. People all over the place! I spotted this lone tree, and just went for it.


Well MadMike, if you only have 2 you had 2 good ones. Love the looking up.

 
 
Feb 17, 2021 19:55:18   #
Red Farmer Loc: Northeast Illinois and Door County
 
photophile wrote:
I enjoy trees year 'round, let's share our finds:


This one is from several hundred feet away. I spotted it through the trees with all its leaves right after a big snow storm.


(Download)

Feb 17, 2021 19:56:50   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
MadMikeOne wrote:
Karin, I don't have many images of trees, other than forests. However, I did find these 2 shots.

The first was taken a few winters ago. I was on a group nature walk in a local state forest. The day was miserable - cold and dreary, no birds or wildlife worth shooting. I got it into my head to shoot upward.

The second was taken on a short walk at the Grand Canyon. People all over the place! I spotted this lone tree, and just went for it.


I like 2 especially!

Feb 17, 2021 19:58:22   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
Red Farmer wrote:
This one is from several hundred feet away. I spotted it through the trees with all its leaves right after a big snow storm.



Feb 17, 2021 19:59:47   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
PAToGraphy wrote:
Thanks for hosting, Karin. Sure to be popular! Here are a few from this icy week with more ice and snow to come.


We have plenty of ice and snow, too!

 
 
Feb 17, 2021 20:52:40   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
PAToGraphy wrote:
Well MadMike, if you only have 2 you had 2 good ones. Love the looking up.


Thanks, Pat. I was sooooo bored, nd then I looked up, pointed the camera, and clicked the shutter.

Feb 17, 2021 20:53:25   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
photophile wrote:
I like 2 especially!


Thanks, Karin. I like that one, too. It was "just standing there".

Feb 17, 2021 20:54:39   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
photophile wrote:
A few more:


I REALLY like your second image in this series. The framing with the tree trunk just works.

Feb 17, 2021 20:58:34   #
MadMikeOne Loc: Southern New Jersey Shore
 
Red Farmer wrote:
This one is from several hundred feet away. I spotted it through the trees with all its leaves right after a big snow storm.


Beautiful. This is moody. I love the way you framed the main subject with branches of other trees.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.