Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Anyone still using film?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 next>>
Feb 17, 2021 12:35:52   #
Photopix6
 
I still have my Hasselblad and RZ67 with quite a few lenses. I hear film might be making a come back. I still have some film frozen. I think composing a shot is easier with larger format cameras.

Feb 17, 2021 12:40:00   #
Ourspolair
 
Still use my Mamiya 645E from time to time. Mostly now using the lenses on my Sony A7c mirrorless, though. I think that when my last two rolls of film are done, the 645 body will go into storage.

Feb 17, 2021 12:56:56   #
StanMac Loc: Tennessee
 
I have film loaded in several "vintage" cameras (Argus Markfinder 21, Minolta X-700, Pentax K1000, Pentax MX, Pentax ZX-M, Petri Color Corrected 2.8, Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Yashica Mat, Yashica D, Mamiya 6V). My problem is finding the time and concurrent mindset to finish up these rolls. I have several rolls of developed film that I've not scanned as yet. I thought retirement would give me all the spare time I wanted to pursue my interests. Seems other peoples' interests trump mine more than I figured on.

Stan

 
 
Feb 17, 2021 13:06:06   #
CHG_CANON Loc: the Windy City
 
The only people shooting film in 2021 are fossils, the idle rich and hipsters from Brooklyn.

(And several UHH community members.)

Welcome aboard!

Feb 17, 2021 13:23:01   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
StanMac wrote:
I have film loaded in several "vintage" cameras (Argus Markfinder 21, Minolta X-700, Pentax K1000, Pentax MX, Pentax ZX-M, Petri Color Corrected 2.8, Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Yashica Mat, Yashica D, Mamiya 6V). My problem is finding the time and concurrent mindset to finish up these rolls. I have several rolls of developed film that I've not scanned as yet. I thought retirement would give me all the spare time I wanted to pursue my interests. Seems other peoples' interests trump mine more than I figured on.

Stan
I have film loaded in several "vintage" ... (show quote)

From an old time retiree, its been over 20 years now.

Stan, you haven't yet quite understood what retirement means. Retirement does not mean you shouldn't be busy but it does mean that you have first call on your time. It's time to train the "other people"! Let them wait, shoot and process the rest of the film, scan the negatives you have. It's time for you to stop and smell the roses.

JMHO take it for what it's worth

Feb 17, 2021 13:51:53   #
StanMac Loc: Tennessee
 
Curmudgeon wrote:
From an old time retiree, its been over 20 years now.

Stan, you haven't yet quite understood what retirement means. Retirement does not mean you shouldn't be busy but it does mean that you have first call on your time. It's time to train the "other people"! Let them wait, shoot and process the rest of the film, scan the negatives you have. It's time for you to stop and smell the roses.

JMHO take it for what it's worth
From an old time retiree, its been over 20 years n... (show quote)


Thanks for your encouragement! But it's hard to say 'No' to family and friends at times.

Stan

Feb 17, 2021 14:58:14   #
Curmudgeon Loc: SE Arizona
 
StanMac wrote:
Thanks for your encouragement! But it's hard to say 'No' to family and friends at times.

Stan


Keep working on it Stan, you'll get used to it and so will they.

 
 
Feb 18, 2021 01:33:37   #
flip1948 Loc: Hamden, CT
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
The only people shooting film in 2021 are fossils, the idle rich and hipsters from Brooklyn.

(And several UHH community members.)

Welcome aboard!

Oh shut up

To the OP, see my sig file below.

Feb 18, 2021 02:07:52   #
Wallen
 
Does the Fuji Instax count? There is plenty of that around and on sale.

Feb 18, 2021 05:29:28   #
BebuLamar
 
CHG_CANON wrote:
The only people shooting film in 2021 are fossils, the idle rich and hipsters from Brooklyn.

(And several UHH community members.)

Welcome aboard!


I think hipsters use mirrorless.

Feb 18, 2021 06:56:15   #
HamB
 
What is film?

 
 
Feb 18, 2021 07:11:57   #
turp77 Loc: Connecticut, Plainfield
 
I don’t use film that much in the last year but I also I didn’t go out much as well as many others with this COVID crap. I still use my RB67 and my 8x10 large format. My large format brings me back to slow down and concentrate on building the photo, focusing and composition. Which is something that is being lost with digital. When you only have a couple of film holders you chose your shots wisely not spray and pray and then having to cull your hundreds of shots. Don’t get me wrong I really love my digital but I also really enjoy my film.

Feb 18, 2021 07:25:45   #
chrisg-optical Loc: New York, NY
 
A few years ago some memory card manufacturers used to call them "digital film" and I once overheard someone say "It's amazing how they can cram film in such a tiny cartridge."

Feb 18, 2021 07:25:52   #
billnikon Loc: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Florida/Maui/Oregon/Vermont
 
Photopix6 wrote:
I still have my Hasselblad and RZ67 with quite a few lenses. I hear film might be making a come back. I still have some film frozen. I think composing a shot is easier with larger format cameras.


For landscape, portraits, family and friends, you are in luck. For wildlife your will find your self in the back seat in many shooting situations.
Good luck and keep on shooting until the end.

Feb 18, 2021 07:31:25   #
chrisg-optical Loc: New York, NY
 
The reaction you get when bringing film to the drug store these days....



Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.