The Nikon crop factor is 1.5x. The focal length of... (
CHG_CANON, when one thinks about it, every year an automobile is discontinued. Seldom is a model year of an automobile exactly the same as the next for there is always something that makes it different in some way. It's called, "Marketing". Some brands drive the marketing trend and others follow the marketing trend with "their version" of the product.
Consumability is a major factor in one of the driving forces in buying. An item that is consumed must be replenished. An item that is durable may only be bought once in an owner's lifetime. Businesses must then find ways to entice customers to buy which is often done by the old tagline "New and Improved..!"
Those of us in sales and marketing know that it is important to understand why people buy which are:
1. - To fulfill basic needs (such as food, shelter, etc.).
2. - Convenience like a wash machine rather than going to the river wash clothes.
3. - Replacement of an item deemed to be important to replace.
4. - Scarcity. Remember the recent toilet paper shortage that drove people to buy some when they found it.
5. - Prestige. The "look what I got" symbol of status and pride of ownership of something that others don't have.
6. - Emotional fulfillment. The want of something do to all of the self talk, the little voice in our mind.
7. - Low Price / Great Value. The old, Now's the time to buy.
8. - Peer Pressure. Everyone else is getting one, I need one too.
9. - Fear. The need to be safe in some way.
10 - Indulgence. - That self reward.