Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Turnagain Arm in Alaska.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next>>
Jan 13, 2021 13:14:10   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
crafterwantabe wrote:
Beautiful


Thank you very very much.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 13:14:34   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
Earnest Botello wrote:
Great series, Mike.


Thank you very very much Earnest.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 13:17:21   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
craig.j.tucker wrote:
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Took many a drive from Anchorage to Seward.

The bottom photo, number 6, is just outside Anchorage, right?


Thank you very very much Craig. No it is on the other end.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2021 13:18:18   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
photophile wrote:
First, second and last are my favs.


Thank you very very much Karin.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 13:18:58   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
robbiedoug wrote:
Ah, Turnagain Arm. Reminds me of my year on Fire Island (1963-64), U.S. Air Force. Thanks for the views.


Thank you very very much .

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 13:28:37   #
ShelbyDave Loc: Lone Rock, WI
 

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 14:48:37   #
Wingpilot Loc: Wasilla. Ak
 
craig.j.tucker wrote:
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Took many a drive from Anchorage to Seward.

The bottom photo, number 6, is just outside Anchorage, right?


That shot is taken from alongside the Seward Hwy, about 12 miles south of Anchorage, looking across Turnagain Arm toward the community of Hope, located more or less at the head of that bay you see that has a small bank of fog across the entrance. That’s also about 8 miles across and into that bay.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2021 16:45:50   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
ShelbyDave wrote:


Thank you very very much Dave.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 16:49:08   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
Wingpilot wrote:
That shot is taken from alongside the Seward Hwy, about 12 miles south of Anchorage, looking across Turnagain Arm toward the community of Hope, located more or less at the head of that bay you see that has a small bank of fog across the entrance. That’s also about 8 miles across and into that bay.


Thank you very very much for the info Greg. You might not know but I am hearing impaired and so I never have a conversation with someone.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 17:09:51   #
tommystrat Loc: Northwest Montana
 
To me, the 1st and last image are the most engaging. I particularly like the composition of these two. Nice captures, all, but these stand out...

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 17:33:58   #
JoAnneK01 Loc: Lahaina, Hawaii
 
Beautiful set Mike. Always enjoy your photos. Mahalo for sharing.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2021 18:13:37   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
tommystrat wrote:
To me, the 1st and last image are the most engaging. I particularly like the composition of these two. Nice captures, all, but these stand out...


Thank you very very much Tommy.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 18:14:07   #
blacks2 Loc: SF. Bay area
 
JoAnneK01 wrote:
Beautiful set Mike. Always enjoy your photos. Mahalo for sharing.


Thank you very very much JoAnne.

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 19:51:14   #
Wingpilot Loc: Wasilla. Ak
 
blacks2 wrote:
Thank you very very much for the info Greg. You might not know but I am hearing impaired and so I never have a conversation with someone.


It’s a great thing to be able to do this, isn’t it?

| Reply
Jan 13, 2021 20:47:54   #
srfmhg Loc: Marin County, CA
 
Another beautiful set Mike.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.