Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Shelter in home orders
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
Jan 8, 2021 08:37:31   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
I can't get over all of the people that don't leave their houses for anything.
There is nothing wrong with going out on excursions if you avoid people , by avoiding people I mean close contact. When I am out and about I wear a mask when I know I am going to be around people, I keep my distance, if the people around me don't wear a mask I avoid them. Clean my hands when I enter my car.
However I do go on excursions very early in the mornings and to places where there are never a lot of people. Which isn't a problem in cold weather.
Monday I go to the Dr. for post surgery (carpal tunnel) check up , depending on the weather I may go to Amidom Natural Area , Castor River Shut-ins, and do some shooting. It's been a few years since I was last there.

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 08:49:51   #
SuperflyTNT Loc: Manassas VA
 
I’ve been hiking or kayaking a few times a week since this started. Fresh air and exercise are important.

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 08:57:34   #
rdemarco52 Loc: Wantagh, NY
 
That is common sense. I take walks and just avoid close contact. I go to stores and take the necessary precautions. I even got real daring over the summer and took the train to B&H in the City lol. And COVID was not the scariest part of that trip.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 8, 2021 09:01:29   #
rmalarz Loc: Tempe, Arizona
 
I agree with you, Frank. I don't hesitate going out with cameras and photograph somewhere. I have been respectful of the lock-down on the Navajo Reservation, though. That's where I want to photograph quite a bit. However, until they get things a bit better controlled, I don't want to chance bringing any more problems then they already have.
--Bob
Manglesphoto wrote:
I can't get over all of the people that don't leave their houses for anything.
There is nothing wrong with going out on excursions if you avoid people , by avoiding people I mean close contact. When I am out and about I wear a mask when I know I am going to be around people, I keep my distance, if the people around me don't wear a mask I avoid them. Clean my hands when I enter my car.
However I do go on excursions very early in the mornings and to places where there are never a lot of people. Which isn't a problem in cold weather.
Monday I go to the Dr. for post surgery (carpal tunnel) check up , depending on the weather I may go to Amidom Natural Area , Castor River Shut-ins, and do some shooting. It's been a few years since I was last there.
I can't get over all of the people that don't leav... (show quote)

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 09:01:38   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
SuperflyTNT wrote:
I’ve been hiking or kayaking a few times a week since this started. Fresh air and exercise are important.


and the river to yourself to boot!!!

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 09:03:08   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
rdemarco52 wrote:
That is common sense. I take walks and just avoid close contact. I go to stores and take the necessary precautions. I even got real daring over the summer and took the train to B&H in the City lol. And COVID was not the scariest part of that trip.


The Key words (common sense) almost non-existent today

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 09:06:13   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
[quote=rmalarz]I agree with you, Frank. I don't hesitate going out with cameras and photograph somewhere. I have been respectful of the lock-down on the Navajo Reservation, though. That's where I want to photograph quite a bit. However, until they get things a bit better controlled, I don't want to chance bringing any more problems then they already have.
--Bob[/quote
Respect,(for others) almost lost today

| Reply
 
 
Jan 8, 2021 09:43:03   #
Retired CPO Loc: Travel full time in an RV
 
Absolutely right, Frank. I have been doing the local wildlife drives several times a week ever since I got back from Africa in February. Plenty of social distancing out there and the swamps don't care about the pandemic.
It's smart to give the Navajo, Hopi, Zuni and Pueblo tribes the space they need to get through this. They really have nowhere else to go and they have been hit very hard!
Common sense and respect for others are not very common, never have been. And a little goes a long way.
Thanks for this post!

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 09:53:58   #
Manglesphoto Loc: 70 miles south of St.Louis
 
Retired CPO wrote:
Absolutely right, Frank. I have been doing the local wildlife drives several times a week ever since I got back from Africa in February. Plenty of social distancing out there and the swamps don't care about the pandemic.
It's smart to give the Navajo, Hopi, Zuni and Pueblo tribes the space they need to get through this. They really have nowhere else to go and they have been hit very hard!
Common sense and respect for others are not very common, never have been. And a little goes a long way.
Thanks for this post!
Absolutely right, Frank. I have been doing the loc... (show quote)



Your welcome

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 13:27:59   #
repleo Loc: Boston
 
Manglesphoto wrote:
I can't get over all of the people that don't leave their houses for anything.
There is nothing wrong with going out on excursions if you avoid people , by avoiding people I mean close contact. When I am out and about I wear a mask when I know I am going to be around people, I keep my distance, if the people around me don't wear a mask I avoid them. Clean my hands when I enter my car.
However I do go on excursions very early in the mornings and to places where there are never a lot of people. Which isn't a problem in cold weather.
Monday I go to the Dr. for post surgery (carpal tunnel) check up , depending on the weather I may go to Amidom Natural Area , Castor River Shut-ins, and do some shooting. It's been a few years since I was last there.
I can't get over all of the people that don't leav... (show quote)


I agree. Getting out and enjoying the outdoors is important for physical and mental health. We try to get out for 45min to an hour every day. However, we went the Bluehills Reservation (MA) for a walk on New Years Day and all of the parking lots were full to capacity and overflowing on both sides of the road for miles. I guess there were a lot of well intentioned New Years resolutions.

| Reply
Jan 8, 2021 13:37:51   #
David Martin Loc: Cary, NC
 
Plenty of people are going out shopping for groceries, walking their dogs, riding their bikes, etc. Fortunately most in my area are doing so in a responsible fashion and are being considerate of others.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 9, 2021 05:54:45   #
Canonuser Loc: UK and South Africa
 
All of the things many of you describe are totally prohibited in the U.K. at the moment. Leaving home for local outdoor exercise once a day is all that is permitted for social or leisure activity.
Recently two people have had fines of £200 each for driving in separate cars five miles to walk in a National park. This is however currently under review, but gives an idea of the difference between the U.K. and USA.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2021 07:05:12   #
JoAnneK01 Loc: Lahaina, Hawaii
 
On most days I'll be working in the yard and will talk with the neighbors. Then about twice a week I'm able to drive to the market and Home Depot to get the items I need. It is so great to be able to get outside on most days. Thankfully it is still warm here with the temperature usually in the high 70s and lot 80s. Am sending sunshine to all of you there on the mainland.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2021 07:45:23   #
nanaval Loc: Cornwall
 
I walk my dog every day and just go out for essentials as needed. I wear my mask and be a careful as I can and use hand sanitiser which I keep in the car. As it is cold here and not much to do in the garden I am so pleased to have my best buddy to get me out every day...

| Reply
Jan 9, 2021 08:31:14   #
Canisdirus
 
I live in a small private community on 3,300 acres, so the new Covid protocols...are nothing new for me.
My sister called a few months ago and asked how I was coping.
Coping with what I responded?

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.