Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Christmas Memories 12/7-12/9/2020
Page 1 of 10 next> last>>
Dec 6, 2020 17:51:01   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
How about sharing Your best Christmases past with photos and story (ies).

When I turned 8, all I wanted for Christmas was a Saucy Walker doll! She was considered pretty expensive in
those days...$15.98! Saucy was my most prized doll for many years! Over time, she was played with by our
grands and endured many little busy hands! When she lost her arm, I put her in retirement (with the loose arm) in the attic! Of course, years later, I couldn't find the arm! Then one fateful day, There it was! I whisked her off to my favorite Doll doctor for surgery and cosmetic treatment....
Brand new shot of one back in the 1952's
Brand new shot of one back in the 1952's...
(Download)
Here she is 68 yrs young-with both arms!
Here she is 68 yrs young-with both arms!...
(Download)

Dec 6, 2020 18:01:52   #
fjdarling Loc: Mesa, Arizona, USA
 
They did a beautiful job making her look new again. What a personal treasure!

Dec 6, 2020 18:05:56   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
fjdarling wrote:
They did a beautiful job making her look new again. What a personal treasure!


Thank you fj-greatly appreciated..Hope you have a story for us, too!

 
 
Dec 6, 2020 22:15:51   #
lhammer43 Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
judy juul wrote:
How about sharing Your best Christmases past with photos and story (ies).

When I turned 8, all I wanted for Christmas was a Saucy Walker doll! She was considered pretty expensive in
those days...$15.98! Saucy was my most prized doll for many years! Over time, she was played with by our
grands and endured many little busy hands! When she lost her arm, I put her in retirement (with the loose arm) in the attic! Of course, years later, I couldn't find the arm! Then one fateful day, There it was! I whisked her off to my Doll doctor for surgery and cosmetic treatment....
How about sharing Your best Christmases past with ... (show quote)


Nice start JJ. is this darling doll what started your passion for collecting them. I think my sister got one like her or at least a similar knock off. I remember her walking the thing all over the place. good exercise!

Dec 6, 2020 22:23:37   #
lhammer43 Loc: San Antonio, TX
 
This Christmas memory is somewhat recent and I’ve probably shared it every year since it happened, but I just can’t help myself when it comes to this one so bear with me, indulge me, and let me do it again. Back when the “Elf on a Shelf” challenge first came out our daughter bought one and was hiding it all around their house, and if the kids found it she would hide it in a different place. Well the elf on a shelf was in cabinets, on book cases, tucked in behind a TV, stuffed between couch cushions, and one last time on the oven shelf looking out the viewing window. Well the granddaughter did find it, but put it back on the shelf and didn’t tell anyone.
Out daughter comes home from work figuring it’s been found. She also has in mind that she has planned Pizza for dinner so before she puts everything down and goes to change clothes she turns the oven on to preheat in preparation.
It didn’t take long before they couldn’t help but smell the “Elf on the Wrong Shelf”
It didn’t take long before they couldn’t help but ...
(Download)

Dec 6, 2020 22:33:04   #
Photogirl17 Loc: Glenwood, Ark.
 
judy juul wrote:
How about sharing Your best Christmases past with photos and story (ies).

When I turned 8, all I wanted for Christmas was a Saucy Walker doll! She was considered pretty expensive in
those days...$15.98! Saucy was my most prized doll for many years! Over time, she was played with by our
grands and endured many little busy hands! When she lost her arm, I put her in retirement (with the loose arm) in the attic! Of course, years later, I couldn't find the arm! Then one fateful day, There it was! I whisked her off to my favorite Doll doctor for surgery and cosmetic treatment....
How about sharing Your best Christmases past with ... (show quote)


Wonderful Start Judy..Saucy is a treasure for sure..

Dec 6, 2020 22:36:28   #
Photogirl17 Loc: Glenwood, Ark.
 
lhammer43 wrote:
This Christmas memory is somewhat recent and I’ve probably shared it every year since it happened, but I just can’t help myself when it comes to this one so bear with me, indulge me, and let me do it again. Back when the “Elf on a Shelf” challenge first came out our daughter bought one and was hiding it all around their house, and if the kids found it she would hide it in a different place. Well the elf on a shelf was in cabinets, on book cases, tucked in behind a TV, stuffed between couch cushions, and one last time on the oven shelf looking out the viewing window. Well the granddaughter did find it, but put it back on the shelf and didn’t tell anyone.
Out daughter comes home from work figuring it’s been found. She also has in mind that she has planned Pizza for dinner so before she puts everything down and goes to change clothes she turns the oven on to preheat in preparation.
This Christmas memory is somewhat recent and I’ve ... (show quote)


I've never hear that story Larry, now that's one that needs to be told every Christmas while the Grands are growing up.lol

 
 
Dec 7, 2020 00:27:29   #
Rolk Loc: South Central PA
 
lhammer43 wrote:
This Christmas memory is somewhat recent and I’ve probably shared it every year since it happened, but I just can’t help myself when it comes to this one so bear with me, indulge me, and let me do it again. Back when the “Elf on a Shelf” challenge first came out our daughter bought one and was hiding it all around their house, and if the kids found it she would hide it in a different place. Well the elf on a shelf was in cabinets, on book cases, tucked in behind a TV, stuffed between couch cushions, and one last time on the oven shelf looking out the viewing window. Well the granddaughter did find it, but put it back on the shelf and didn’t tell anyone.
Out daughter comes home from work figuring it’s been found. She also has in mind that she has planned Pizza for dinner so before she puts everything down and goes to change clothes she turns the oven on to preheat in preparation.
This Christmas memory is somewhat recent and I’ve ... (show quote)


OMGosh, Larry! That is too, too funny! So glad her place didn't catch on fire, although I'm sure there was plenty of smoke to deal with. Thanks for sharing!
Tim

Dec 7, 2020 07:33:13   #
Marg Loc: Canadian transplanted to NW Alabama
 
As a mother of 5, Christmas has always been fun but cleaning, baking, shopping, wrapping, concerts, parties, etc, makes for a very busy time. The first picture is one of my favourites as our second eldest daughter proves the effort is worth it! The second is our two youngest grandchildren showing their disappointment after being allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve. They hadn’t remembered that Christmas Eve present is always pjs!




(Download)

Dec 7, 2020 08:22:39   #
SueScott Loc: Hammondsville, Ohio
 
lhammer43 wrote:
This Christmas memory is somewhat recent and I’ve probably shared it every year since it happened, but I just can’t help myself when it comes to this one so bear with me, indulge me, and let me do it again. Back when the “Elf on a Shelf” challenge first came out our daughter bought one and was hiding it all around their house, and if the kids found it she would hide it in a different place. Well the elf on a shelf was in cabinets, on book cases, tucked in behind a TV, stuffed between couch cushions, and one last time on the oven shelf looking out the viewing window. Well the granddaughter did find it, but put it back on the shelf and didn’t tell anyone.
Out daughter comes home from work figuring it’s been found. She also has in mind that she has planned Pizza for dinner so before she puts everything down and goes to change clothes she turns the oven on to preheat in preparation.
This Christmas memory is somewhat recent and I’ve ... (show quote)


pg. 1

I love this!! I can't stand "Elf on the Shelf" and this is a fitting end for one! (sorry to be such a contrarian! )

Dec 7, 2020 08:23:39   #
SueScott Loc: Hammondsville, Ohio
 
Marg wrote:
As a mother of 5, Christmas has always been fun but cleaning, baking, shopping, wrapping, concerts, parties, etc, makes for a very busy time. The first picture is one of my favourites as our second eldest daughter proves the effort is worth it! The second is our two youngest grandchildren showing their disappointment after being allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve. They hadn’t remembered that Christmas Eve present is always pjs!


pg. 1

"PJs"!!!

 
 
Dec 7, 2020 08:28:26   #
SueScott Loc: Hammondsville, Ohio
 
A Christmas cracker from a couple years ago.


(Download)

Dec 7, 2020 08:48:11   #
leftj Loc: Texas
 
judy juul wrote:
How about sharing Your best Christmases past with photos and story (ies).

When I turned 8, all I wanted for Christmas was a Saucy Walker doll! She was considered pretty expensive in
those days...$15.98! Saucy was my most prized doll for many years! Over time, she was played with by our
grands and endured many little busy hands! When she lost her arm, I put her in retirement (with the loose arm) in the attic! Of course, years later, I couldn't find the arm! Then one fateful day, There it was! I whisked her off to my favorite Doll doctor for surgery and cosmetic treatment....
How about sharing Your best Christmases past with ... (show quote)


Beautiful job of restoration!

Dec 7, 2020 09:09:46   #
Fred Ann Loc: New Brunswick, Canada
 
As this is the Santa Season we see that red-coated gift giver everywhere. We have 5 little believers in out family and its exciting to talk with out hopeful grandchildren on the telephone about their expectations. The photo above has ties with our family. The little ceramic Santa that used to wind up and play a Christmas tune is old, as it belonged to my husband's family when he was a little boy and it now has come down through the generations. The wooden, painted Santa was designed and painted by our daughter Riel,

keepsakes of old
remind us of stories told
of Christmases past
decorated with red
our hopes inter twined with that colour
and that rotund jolly fella
we believed
and ah! that gifts that we achieved!
spread around the floor under the Christmas tree
It was such a magical time
blended with church bells chimes.



Dec 7, 2020 09:15:38   #
Fred Ann Loc: New Brunswick, Canada
 
As this is the Santa Season we see that red-coated gift giver everywhere. We have 5 little believers in out family and its exciting to talk with out hopeful grandchildren on the telephone about their expectations. The photo above has ties with our family. The little ceramic Santa that used to wind up and play a Christmas tune is old, as it belonged to my husband's family when he was a little boy and it now has come down through the generations. The wooden, painted Santa was designed and painted by our daughter Riel,

keepsakes of old
remind us of stories told
of Christmases past
decorated with red
our hopes inter twined with that colour
and that rotund jolly fella
we believed
and ah! that gifts that we achieved!
spread around the floor under the Christmas tree
It was such a magical time
blended with church bells chimes.



Page 1 of 10 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.