Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
The wonderfulness of digital cameras
Page: 1 2 next>>
Nov 17, 2020 15:01:10   #
Nathanielross Loc: Northeastern Maryland.
 
When I first started with a Kodak Box camera 620 film 12 exposures to the roll. I might well have snow storm pictures and spring flowers on the same B&W roll. Today I can take a picture and send it half way around the world before the flames have died down. I shoot with a Nikon D5600 with a variety of lens options. I have been trying to improve my work for more than 70 years.





| Reply
Nov 17, 2020 15:03:06   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
Welcome to the forum.

(I like not having to buy 20 rolls of film and get them developed after a trip.)

| Reply
Nov 17, 2020 15:16:13   #
captivecookie
 
Hi, Nathaniel, welcome to the show. Glad we can be observers of your continuing quest to perfection.

| Reply
 
 
Nov 17, 2020 15:38:19   #
Utah Native Loc: Utah
 
Digital is great but i do miss my time in the darkroom.

| Reply
Nov 17, 2020 15:40:15   #
jabra
 
Nathanielross wrote:
Today I can take a picture and send it half way around the world before the flames have died down. I shoot with a Nikon D5600 with a variety of lens options.


Ain't that the truth!

| Reply
Nov 17, 2020 15:40:17   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
Utah Native wrote:
Digital is great but i do miss my time in the darkroom.


My B&W darkroom was fun.

| Reply
Nov 17, 2020 16:31:31   #
photophile Loc: Lakewood, Ohio, USA
 
Nathanielross wrote:
When I first started with a Kodak Box camera 620 film 12 exposures to the roll. I might well have snow storm pictures and spring flowers on the same B&W roll. Today I can take a picture and send it half way around the world before the flames have died down. I shoot with a Nikon D5600 with a variety of lens options. I have been trying to improve my work for more than 70 years.


I like 1, it made me feel warmer on a chilly day!

| Reply
 
 
Nov 17, 2020 16:34:57   #
Nathanielross Loc: Northeastern Maryland.
 
Utah Native wrote:
Digital is great but i do miss my time in the darkroom.


We can still buy cut film and large format cameras are quite affordable on the used camera market.

| Reply
Nov 17, 2020 16:49:13   #
Ourspolair
 
Welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride!

| Reply
Nov 18, 2020 01:42:11   #
Vince68 Loc: Wappingers Falls, NY
 
Welcome to UHH Nathaniel.

| Reply
Nov 18, 2020 05:57:41   #
Scruples Loc: Brooklyn, New York
 
Nathanielross wrote:
When I first started with a Kodak Box camera 620 film 12 exposures to the roll. I might well have snow storm pictures and spring flowers on the same B&W roll. Today I can take a picture and send it half way around the world before the flames have died down. I shoot with a Nikon D5600 with a variety of lens options. I have been trying to improve my work for more than 70 years.


Welcome to your forum. I have found this place to be an excellent place to learn, share and grow. I am far from professional and consider myself an occasional hobbyist.

I have always loved film. I used my Canon EOS 2000 until I purchased my Canon 5D Mark II.

| Reply
 
 
Nov 18, 2020 07:28:23   #
bobmcculloch Loc: NYC, NY
 
Welcome to the HOG!

| Reply
Nov 18, 2020 08:01:06   #
photophly Loc: Old Bridge NJ
 
Welcome to the Hog 🦔

| Reply
Nov 18, 2020 08:39:22   #
gsmith051 Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN
 
Welcome to the forum. Sold all my film cameras and don’t miss them.

| Reply
Nov 18, 2020 12:20:56   #
Earnest Botello Loc: Hockley, Texas
 
Welcome to the Forum, enjoy.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.