Ugly Hedgehog - Photography Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Challenge - Use of Light Nov. 12 - 14 2020
Page 1 of 40 next> last>>
Nov 11, 2020 21:45:22   #
Clicker2014 Loc: Canada
 
Good evening!
I have chosen "Use of Light" for my challenge. What I want you to think about is how light makes or breaks a photo. Lets face it... you can't have a photo if there is no light but even with minimal light you can take fantastic photos. Show us the many ways of photographing a scene or subject by making sure the light is right. Or if you took a photo and if the exposure was not what you wanted then show your edited version. There are few photos that are perfect straight from the cameras, but in post processing you can often get what you saw. If you think about it, you took the photo because of the light that caught your eye.
So lets see your photos and if you wish, tell us why you took it and what did you do in post processing to get the finished photo.

Lets see what you got and most important.... have fun with it.
edited version of what made me stop and take the photo
edited version of what made me stop and take the p...
(Download)
The original.
The original....
(Download)
This one was taken with a long exposure and I used a flashlight to light up the tree
This one was taken with a long exposure and I used...
(Download)
The light in this composite sets a mood
The light in this composite sets a mood...
(Download)

Nov 11, 2020 21:51:27   #
Clicker2014 Loc: Canada
 
A couple more examples.
Back lit by the sun
Back lit by the sun...
(Download)
The Bokeh in the background caught my eye.
The Bokeh in the background caught my eye....
(Download)

Nov 11, 2020 22:08:29   #
Roadrunner Loc: Quebec, Canada
 
Thanks Clicker.....here is a contribution, something that I have never practiced before, have a lot to learn tho.


(Download)

 
 
Nov 11, 2020 22:32:11   #
Photogirl17 Loc: Glenwood, Ark.
 
Clicker2014 wrote:
Good evening!
I have chosen "Use of Light" for my challenge. What I want you to think about is how light makes or breaks a photo. Lets face it... you can't have a photo if there is no light but even with minimal light you can take fantastic photos. Show us the many ways of photographing a scene or subject by making sure the light is right. Or if you took a photo and if the exposure was not what you wanted then show your edited version. There are few photos that are perfect straight from the cameras, but in post processing you can often get what you saw. If you think about it, you took the photo because of the light that caught your eye.
So lets see your photos and if you wish, tell us why you took it and what did you do in post processing to get the finished photo.

Lets see what you got and most important.... have fun with it.
Good evening! br I have chosen "Use of Ligh... (show quote)


Well done Sharon..

Nov 11, 2020 22:32:56   #
Photogirl17 Loc: Glenwood, Ark.
 
Clicker2014 wrote:
A couple more examples.


Love the Bokeh Shot..

Nov 11, 2020 22:33:46   #
Photogirl17 Loc: Glenwood, Ark.
 
Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks Clicker.....here is a contribution, something that I have never practiced before, have a lot to learn tho.


Nicely done Jim..

Nov 11, 2020 23:16:31   #
PAToGraphy Loc: Portland ME area
 
Clicker2014 wrote:
Good evening!
I have chosen "Use of Light" for my challenge. What I want you to think about is how light makes or breaks a photo. Lets face it... you can't have a photo if there is no light but even with minimal light you can take fantastic photos. Show us the many ways of photographing a scene or subject by making sure the light is right. Or if you took a photo and if the exposure was not what you wanted then show your edited version. There are few photos that are perfect straight from the cameras, but in post processing you can often get what you saw. If you think about it, you took the photo because of the light that caught your eye.
So lets see your photos and if you wish, tell us why you took it and what did you do in post processing to get the finished photo.

Lets see what you got and most important.... have fun with it.
Good evening! br I have chosen "Use of Ligh... (show quote)


Looks like fun. Will be back tomorrow.

 
 
Nov 11, 2020 23:47:22   #
Photogirl17 Loc: Glenwood, Ark.
 
Use of Light..

The First Image is the original, from a drizzly foggy morning out with my Hubby for some fall color shooting.
The Second Image is the edited version a lightened some areas and darkened others with the burn and dodge tool.I also boosted the structure which added some light right where I wanted it..


(Download)


(Download)

Nov 12, 2020 01:03:46   #
judy juul Loc: Cheshire, Ct.
 
Thanks for doing this Challenge, Sharon! It's always good to see you!
Antique House inGloucester, Ma. back lit
Antique House inGloucester, Ma. back lit...
(Download)
Same house
Same house...
(Download)
Lots of examples in this house! Loved it!
Lots of examples in this house!  Loved it!...
(Download)

Nov 12, 2020 01:45:16   #
kcooke Loc: Alabama
 
Here’s one from Norris Geyser Basin in Yellowstone. Fairly harsh light coming in so I created a pseudo neutral density filter effect in Lightroom to tame it a bit.


(Download)

Nov 12, 2020 03:09:49   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
Clicker2014 wrote:
Good evening!
I have chosen "Use of Light" for my challenge. What I want you to think about is how light makes or breaks a photo. Lets face it... you can't have a photo if there is no light but even with minimal light you can take fantastic photos. Show us the many ways of photographing a scene or subject by making sure the light is right. Or if you took a photo and if the exposure was not what you wanted then show your edited version. There are few photos that are perfect straight from the cameras, but in post processing you can often get what you saw. If you think about it, you took the photo because of the light that caught your eye.
So lets see your photos and if you wish, tell us why you took it and what did you do in post processing to get the finished photo.

Lets see what you got and most important.... have fun with it.
Good evening! br I have chosen "Use of Ligh... (show quote)


Good start Clicker, like the last one a lot

 
 
Nov 12, 2020 03:10:54   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
Clicker2014 wrote:
A couple more examples.


Back lit by the sun, like the way you worked this Clicker

Nov 12, 2020 03:12:18   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
Photogirl17 wrote:
Use of Light..

The First Image is the original, from a drizzly foggy morning out with my Hubby for some fall color shooting.
The Second Image is the edited version a lightened some areas and darkened others with the burn and dodge tool.I also boosted the structure which added some light right where I wanted it..



Nov 12, 2020 03:12:55   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
judy juul wrote:
Thanks for doing this Challenge, Sharon! It's always good to see you!


A set with interest Judy

Nov 12, 2020 03:13:30   #
creativ simon Loc: Coulsdon, South London
 
kcooke wrote:
Here’s one from Norris Geyser Basin in Yellowstone. Fairly harsh light coming in so I created a pseudo neutral density filter effect in Lightroom to tame it a bit.


Very good shot indeed kcooke

Page 1 of 40 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2021 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.