Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Yet Another One Bites The Dust (Dury's)
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
May 21, 2020 14:35:03   #
jmh-Orlando
 
The photographic industry will be losing another resource, caused indirectly by the Covid pandemic.

I received an EMail from Charles Small, President/CEO of Dury's this afternoon. This well established used camera equipment and photo printing lab company in Nashville will be closing for good in the very near future.

In his announcement EMail, Mr. Small said: "After very careful consideration, I have made the difficult decision to close our doors for good. This is something that when I started working for this company in 1991 I never in a million years thought I would ever be doing. In the last eight weeks I have seen our business and lives turned upside down. I have spent countless hours working with advisers and thinking through every angle I could. I have consulted with our board of directors and accountants. Unfortunately, closure was the decision that we reached".

They are referring customers to Roberts Camera, and their UsedPhotoPro subsidiary.

| Reply
May 21, 2020 14:42:22   #
dasgeiss
 
Sorry to hear that! Just suggesting/asking, did you apply as a vendor to the Federal/State/County/City Government Agencies to get a contract? How about NASA in Florida? Boeing in California? etc.
Good luck to you.
'
Bob

| Reply
May 21, 2020 15:08:49   #
PHRubin Loc: Nashville TN USA
 
Sad. Only about 300 miles away from Nashville. No problem.

Actually, the current trend to buy online and adding the Covid-19 economic devastation, many businesses will go under.

| Reply
May 21, 2020 15:28:46   #
RichardSM Loc: Back in Texas
 
This seems to be the TREND now day’s. The country need too open up soon, social distancing, but most of all support our local businesses.

| Reply
May 21, 2020 16:05:53   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
RichardSM wrote:
This seems to be the TREND now day’s. The country need too open up soon, social distancing, but most of all support our local businesses.

Very sad.
But there will most likely be more. Less the sooner we open up, but some may not recover even then.
Family restaurants, boutiques, bed & breakfasts, vacation cottage rentals, ...

| Reply
May 22, 2020 06:24:04   #
miked46 Loc: Winter Springs, Florida
 
So sad, and if these Politicians in come states want a total meltdown, we are headed in that direction, and for what!

| Reply
May 22, 2020 08:18:10   #
Carnpo Loc: North Carolina
 
Maybe we can get our printing and other lab work done in China. Or we can buy cheap copies of camera equipment (violating all copyrights) from China.

| Reply
May 22, 2020 08:19:10   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
miked46 wrote:
So sad, and if these Politicians in come states want a total meltdown, we are headed in that direction, and for what!


Safety?

| Reply
May 22, 2020 08:44:21   #
al13
 
Very sad as I live in the Nashville metro area and they were. My go to storefsir prices and. Much knowledge.no more camera stores in Middle Tenneese. H

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:45:21   #
shangyrhee Loc: Nashville TN
 
I live in Nashville and Dury's is my goto photo shop. IT is such a sad news.It will be remembered for a long time. Shang

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:53:36   #
ronpier Loc: Poland Ohio
 
Carnpo wrote:
Maybe we can get our printing and other lab work done in China. Or we can buy cheap copies of camera equipment (violating all copyrights) from China.


That’s the American Way. Buy cheap, throw away when it breaks, send your money to Red China.

| Reply
May 22, 2020 10:56:38   #
frankraney Loc: clovis, ca
 
jmh-Orlando wrote:
The photographic industry will be losing another resource, caused indirectly by the Covid pandemic.

I received an EMail from Charles Small, President/CEO of Dury's this afternoon. This well established used camera equipment and photo printing lab company in Nashville will be closing for good in the very near future.

In his announcement EMail, Mr. Small said: "After very careful consideration, I have made the difficult decision to close our doors for good. This is something that when I started working for this company in 1991 I never in a million years thought I would ever be doing. In the last eight weeks I have seen our business and lives turned upside down. I have spent countless hours working with advisers and thinking through every angle I could. I have consulted with our board of directors and accountants. Unfortunately, closure was the decision that we reached".

They are referring customers to Roberts Camera, and their UsedPhotoPro subsidiary.
The photographic industry will be losing another r... (show quote)


So sad to hear, but you're not the only one. So many have been forced out of business because of this bad management of the virus. My daughter was one of them. She didn't qualify for any of the loans. she had two businesses one stayed open and did good and they used it to support the one that was closed what's they're going to open up Monday.

| Reply
May 22, 2020 11:13:06   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
Longshadow wrote:
Safety?


I didn't see anyone mention not being safe. Where did you see that? I must have missed it.

Surely we can open the country and still be safe. Must we all stop purchasing goods and services while hiding under our beds at home so the big bad virus doesn't get us. God forbid we might die of any number of OTHER diseases that are always being passed around. If I die of the every year common flu OR the now present Covid 19 virus will it really make a difference?

Living is nothing if you don't have a life. Hmmm. I like that phrase.

Dennis

| Reply
May 22, 2020 11:14:47   #
dennis2146 Loc: So California/Colorado/Idaho
 
frankraney wrote:
So sad to hear, but you're not the only one. So many have been forced out of business because of this bad management of the virus. My daughter was one of them. She didn't qualify for any of the loans. she had two businesses one stayed open and did good and they used it to support the one that was closed what's they're going to open up Monday.


Good luck to your daughter and good luck to all American businesses that need to get back in the business of business.

Dennis

| Reply
May 22, 2020 11:36:12   #
Abo Loc: Victoria Australia
 
It looks like the end of "Target" down here too.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.