Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Mud Dauber
Mar 29, 2020 20:29:11   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
Well, it's that time of year again. The first to arrive are the wasps and mud daubers for we are appear to be the center of their universe. I suspect that there is a portal between their world and our house like a wormhole in the universe that they use to travel back and forth.

They get into our sun-room and they obviously don't remember how they got in so I find them dead on the floor or window sills. This happens to be one of them and not letting a good corpse go to waste, I staged it for a focus stacking session.


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 29, 2020 22:53:09   #
napabob Loc: Napa CA
 
sippyjug104 wrote:
Well, it's that time of year again. The first to arrive are the wasps and mud daubers for we are appear to be the center of their universe. I suspect that there is a portal between their world and our house like a wormhole in the universe that they use to travel back and forth.

They get into our sun-room and they obviously don't remember how they got in so I find them dead on the floor or window sills. This happens to be one of them and not letting a good corpse go to waste, I staged it for a focus stacking session.
Well, it's that time of year again. The first to ... (show quote)


coolio......Douglas Adams fan?

| Reply
Mar 30, 2020 08:43:37   #
EnglishBrenda Loc: Kent, England
 
We have a similar problem in summer, flys, bees and wasps turn up dead on the window ledges at the end of a hot day.

| Reply
Mar 30, 2020 10:17:51   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
napabob wrote:
coolio......Douglas Adams fan?


Oh, Napabob, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was one of my favorites and your comment brings back fond memories of when I used to watch it. Quite "campy" by today's standards however a true classic beyond compare. I'm a fan of the original "Dr. Who" series and of course, let's not forget the Monty Python and the Flying Circus. Oh, those were the days.

| Reply
Mar 30, 2020 10:20:13   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
EnglishBrenda wrote:
We have a similar problem in summer, flys, bees and wasps turn up dead on the window ledges at the end of a hot day.


Yes, that's just what they do for some reason. It's like..."Oooo I want in!" and then it, "Awww I want out!"

| Reply
Mar 30, 2020 10:39:58   #
Mark Sturtevant Loc: Grand Blanc, MI
 
👍 I thought the Hitchhiker books were better than the television series. If you get a chance, try to view the Red Dwarf series.

| Reply
Mar 30, 2020 10:56:59   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
Mark Sturtevant wrote:
👍 I thought the Hitchhiker books were better than the television series. If you get a chance, try to view the Red Dwarf series.


Mark, they just don't write and make them like they use to. I have a problem with tinnitus from my days around industrial mechanical equipment (and rock bands) so when today's programs play with their constant background music (which I don't know why) I have trouble understanding a lot of what the characters are saying.

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.