Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Harlequin Bug Ventral View and a Surprise Guest
Mar 25, 2020 23:39:15   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
There was a suggestion that I stage a ventral view of Harlequin Bug from the Bill (newtoyou) collection so I'm always up to any opportunity to put something in front of the camera.

As I went through the collection of preserved insects I found this one in there that I had not staged in quite some time so I took the opportunity while everything was set. I'm sure that it is not everyone's favorite specimen however until our insects return from their winter vacations in Texas and Louisiana I have to make due with what's at hand.


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 05:24:36   #
EnglishBrenda Loc: Kent, England
 
A pretty insect from all angles, a good stack as is your norm.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 09:52:27   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
EnglishBrenda wrote:
A pretty insect from all angles, a good stack as is your norm.


Thanks, Brenda. The Harlequin Bug's legs are very small and I have not had any luck in relaxing small insects and staging their legs so I have to make due with them as they are. I suspect that there are those that would rather not look at a Roach so I kept it as a surprise guest.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 11:35:43   #
kpmac Loc: Ragley, La
 
Your usual great stacks, sippy. Great work.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 11:45:15   #
raymondh Loc: Walker, MI
 

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 12:51:40   #
Mark Sturtevant Loc: Grand Blanc, MI
 
Very cool! 👍

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 13:50:34   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
kpmac wrote:
Your usual great stacks, sippy. Great work.


Thanks, Kpmac. Weather here is starting to warm however with all of the days of rain, I suspect that all I will find are 'water bugs'.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 13:50:50   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
raymondh wrote:


Thanks for viewing and the feedback.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 13:52:31   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
Mark Sturtevant wrote:
Very cool! 👍


Thanks, Mark. The Harlequin Bugs are quite colorful with interesting patterns. I suspect not for camouflage but as a warning as being undesirable to eat.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 18:50:10   #
CLF Loc: Raleigh, NC
 
sippyjug104 wrote:
There was a suggestion that I stage a ventral view of Harlequin Bug from the Bill (newtoyou) collection so I'm always up to any opportunity to put something in front of the camera.

As I went through the collection of preserved insects I found this one in there that I had not staged in quite some time so I took the opportunity while everything was set. I'm sure that it is not everyone's favorite specimen however until our insects return from their winter vacations in Texas and Louisiana I have to make due with what's at hand.
There was a suggestion that I stage a ventral view... (show quote)


Sippy, I love your macros.

Greg

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 18:57:22   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
CLF wrote:
Sippy, I love your macros.

Greg


Thanks, Greg. Some are a lot "prettier" than others although even though one is a Roach it still has some interesting features.

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 19:38:03   #
tinusbum Loc: east texas
 
good stack! I've talked to the bugs here to escape your winter,their staying :)

| Reply
Mar 26, 2020 22:11:57   #
sippyjug104 Loc: Missouri
 
tinusbum wrote:
good stack! I've talked to the bugs here to escape your winter,their staying :)


You know...I figured as much. I set out the lawn chairs for them, put the umbrella on the patio table, played some Jimmy Buffet music and mixed a picture of sweet paper umbrella drinks with floating fruit for them to enjoy when they got back from their winter vacation.

Instead all I got to show up were a few ants which I suspect only because it was just too far for them to walk down to your exclusive Insect Club Paradise.

| Reply
Mar 27, 2020 09:39:30   #
tinusbum Loc: east texas
 
sippyjug104 wrote:
You know...I figured as much. I set out the lawn chairs for them, put the umbrella on the patio table, played some Jimmy Buffet music and mixed a picture of sweet paper umbrella drinks with floating fruit for them to enjoy when they got back from their winter vacation.

Instead all I got to show up were a few ants which I suspect only because it was just too far for them to walk down to your exclusive Insect Club Paradise.


🕷️

| Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.