Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Full Moon over White Stallion Ranch
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Nov 11, 2019 16:09:18   #
mal949 Loc: Tucson, AZ
 
New to photography, this is my first post. I have a few decent lenses. This picture is actually two images. The landscape was taken with a 200mm lens and the moon was taken with a 600mm lens and then reduced in size in post editing. With some help, the images were then merged in Photoshop. The location is a 3,000 acre ranch of pristine desert where many 1950/1960’s western movies were filmed on the outskirts of Tucson, AZ. For those a little older, remember the TV series 'High Chaparral'?

I am looking forward to moving up the photography learning curve (it’s a steep climb). Please feel free to critique my images.



| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 16:10:54   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 16:12:13   #
tradio Loc: Oxford, Ohio
 
Nice one.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 16:35:35   #
gsmith051 Loc: Fairfield Glade, TN
 
Welcome to the forum. Like your photo.
/George

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 16:56:37   #
mal949 Loc: Tucson, AZ
 
Thank you.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 16:57:39   #
mal949 Loc: Tucson, AZ
 
Thank you.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 17:58:11   #
Longshadow Loc: Audubon, PA
 
mal949 wrote:
Thank you.


Hint - If you click "Quote Reply" we'll know to whom you are replying.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 18:15:59   #
mal949 Loc: Tucson, AZ
 
Longshadow wrote:
Hint - If you click "Quote Reply" we'll know to whom you are replying.


Thanks. Just trying to figure out the navigation.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 18:21:48   #
UTMike Loc: South Jordan, UT
 
Impressive work, Mal. Next time, check the "store original" box and viewers can enlarge and, perhaps, provide better tips.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 19:21:53   #
mal949 Loc: Tucson, AZ
 
UTMike wrote:
Impressive work, Mal. Next time, check the "store original" box and viewers can enlarge and, perhaps, provide better tips.


Thanks. I will try to upload it again.

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 19:23:57   #
mal949 Loc: Tucson, AZ
 
mal949 wrote:
Thanks. I will try to upload it again.


(Download)

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 20:36:45   #
Cwilson341 Loc: Central Florida
 
You’re off to an excellent start!

| Reply
Nov 11, 2019 22:41:08   #
ORpilot Loc: Prineville, Or
 
mal949 wrote:
New to photography, this is my first post. I have a few decent lenses. This picture is actually two images. The landscape was taken with a 200mm lens and the moon was taken with a 600mm lens and then reduced in size in post editing. With some help, the images were then merged in Photoshop. The location is a 3,000 acre ranch of pristine desert where many 1950/1960’s western movies were filmed on the outskirts of Tucson, AZ. For those a little older, remember the TV series 'High Chaparral'?

I am looking forward to moving up the photography learning curve (it’s a steep climb). Please feel free to critique my images.
New to photography, this is my first post. I have... (show quote)


Nice, I like the stone face of the mountain in the moon. I hope the warewolves and vampires left you alone.

| Reply
Nov 12, 2019 05:59:42   #
CanonShot Loc: Lancaster County, PA
 
Photography is capturing, creating, and expanding. All of those can be found on UHH. Enjoy the journey. Nice image!

| Reply
Nov 12, 2019 07:22:10   #
randave2001 Loc: Richmond
 
I really like your image. One thing I notice in the download is the banding in the sky. When you reduced your moon image did you reduce it to a jpg? If so, try doing it again as a tiff and then do your composite. It might remove that banding in the sky. Your blending of the two images is very well done.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.