Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Hello World!
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Oct 23, 2019 11:04:37   #
toneybarber Loc: Salinas CA USA
 
Just a quick hello before heading out for our morning walk - my dog walks me 5 miles a day! Thanks for having this great space for sharing and learning from others. I am new to the art and looking forward to achieving pro status in the years ahead. I enjoy landscape photography but am experimenting with other genres too.


(Download)

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 11:10:53   #
lamiaceae Loc: Los Angeles Area, CA
 
toneybarber wrote:
Just a quick hello before heading out for our morning walk - my dog walks me 5 miles a day! Thanks for having this great space for sharing and learning from others. I am new to the art and looking forward to achieving pro status in the years ahead. I enjoy landscape photography but am experimenting with other genres too.


Hi there Tony and Doggie.

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 11:14:31   #
PaulBrit Loc: Merlin, Southern Oregon
 
Tony, what a fabulous dog.

What's his or her name?

Do you have any other photos of your dog that I can share with my readers? (I write a blog called Learning from Dogs.)

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 11:18:53   #
PixelStan77 Loc: Vermont/Chicago
 
toneybarber wrote:
Just a quick hello before heading out for our morning walk - my dog walks me 5 miles a day! Thanks for having this great space for sharing and learning from others. I am new to the art and looking forward to achieving pro status in the years ahead. I enjoy landscape photography but am experimenting with other genres too.


Great dog portrait. Glad he keeps you fit by a 5 mile walk. Welcome aboard.
Can I get a haircut from you and we can talk "Photography"?

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 11:22:37   #
Bob Mevis Loc: North Central Indiana
 
Welcome to UHH, Tony. That sure is a beautiful dog.

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 12:33:05   #
PHRubin Loc: Nashville TN USA
 
Welcome to UHH!

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 12:45:44   #
toneybarber Loc: Salinas CA USA
 
His name is Loki and he lives up to his namesake without question. He is a rescue and when I first saw him in his cage, his back was leaning against the gate, his back toward me, staring over his shoulder at me. His gaze was one of relief, and it felt like he was saying "I knew you'd come". Two and a half years ago this awesome dog came home with me and, well, as they say, "the rest is history".

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 12:51:02   #
toneybarber Loc: Salinas CA USA
 
PixelStan77 wrote:
...Can I get a haircut from you and we can talk "Photography"?

Ha! You'll notice that my haircuts are accomplished using a washcloth!

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 12:52:11   #
PaulBrit Loc: Merlin, Southern Oregon
 
toneybarber wrote:
His name is Loki and he lives up to his namesake without question. He is a rescue and when I first saw him in his cage, his back was leaning against the gate, his back toward me, staring over his shoulder at me. His gaze was one of relief, and it felt like he was saying "I knew you'd come". Two and a half years ago this awesome dog came home with me and, well, as they say, "the rest is history".


Thank you, Toney, (is that correct?),

We know the feeling! We have six dogs here in Southern Oregon, of which five are rescues. Loki is gorgeous and looks like a husky! Give him a long hug from us!

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 13:10:32   #
PaulBrit Loc: Merlin, Southern Oregon
 
toneybarber wrote:
Just a quick hello before heading out for our morning walk - my dog walks me 5 miles a day! Thanks for having this great space for sharing and learning from others. I am new to the art and looking forward to achieving pro status in the years ahead. I enjoy landscape photography but am experimenting with other genres too.


Can I republish your photograph on my blog for tomorrow?

If granted, I will include a statement that the image in copyright protected and I was given specific permission to reproduce.

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 13:48:33   #
Abo Loc: Victoria Australia
 
Welcome Toney.

It's tempting to shoot a fast lens wide open; I get sucked into that often enough.
They say blurry is ok so long as the closest eye is sharp.

However, imho it's not so good if there are facial features closer than the closest eye
that are blurry. It works fine if features further from the camera are out of focus though.

Lokis closest ear is a bit soft. f2.8 may have worked a bit better. Of course
your shutter speed or ISO would need to be a one and one third a stop longer/higher of course.

Still, a nice photo of a great dog.

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 17:07:14   #
Cwilson341 Loc: Central Florida
 
Your companion is very handsome! Nice shot of him!

Also, welcome!😊

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 19:03:53   #
toneybarber Loc: Salinas CA USA
 
PaulBrit wrote:
Can I republish your photograph on my blog for tomorrow?

Of course. I'm attaching another shot from the same session. Shoot me a link to your blog. I'de love to check it out.


(Download)

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 19:06:21   #
toneybarber Loc: Salinas CA USA
 
PaulBrit wrote:
Thank you, Toney, (is that correct?),

We know the feeling! We have six dogs here in Southern Oregon, of which five are rescues. Loki is gorgeous and looks like a husky! Give him a long hug from us!


Toney is correct? Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Loki is a Siberian Husky. Hugs given... :)

| Reply
Oct 23, 2019 19:55:49   #
Cmbtvet Loc: Elmira, NY
 
your dog is beautiful I have a husky lab mix and he runs me everyday as well

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.