Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Here we go. Totalitarianism
Page: <<prev 1 2
Aug 23, 2019 10:12:06   #
Elaine2025 Loc: Seattle, Wa
 
Steven Seward wrote:
You mean like the hoax story about Russian Collusion which the New York Times pushed every day for two years that turned out not to be true? Or do you mean the dozens of plagiarized articles written by New York Times reporter Jayson Blair that the editors knew about but did not fire him for years? Or do you mean the dozens of stories written by New York Times reporter Walter Durante that knowingly and purposely covered-up the genocide being committed by Joseph Stalin? You just might be onto something here.
You mean like the hoax story about Russian Collusi... (show quote)



| Reply
Aug 23, 2019 10:22:06   #
BigBear Loc: Northern CT
 
JohnFrim wrote:
Yes, I am aware of that. When I moved to Tennessee the usual "thank-you" was a bland "uh-huh."

The other funny Americanism for me is "y'all" when you are referring to only one person. Do you know the correct versions for singular-possessive, plural, and plural-possessive?

Further, when I was on Travel Duty I was on "TD," but my American colleagues were on "TDY." I was told the "Y" is for "Y'all."


I was sent on TDY (Temporary DutY) assignments.

| Reply
Aug 23, 2019 10:49:13   #
JohnFrim Loc: Brampton, ON, Canada
 
So what about:

- y'all's
- y'alls or yuzall
- y'alls all's or yuzall's

Have I got it right? Am I now an honorary Amercun? If you say "yes" then y'all have some 'splainin' to do about complainin' about me complainin'... eh?

| Reply
Aug 23, 2019 11:23:19   #
BigBear Loc: Northern CT
 
JohnFrim wrote:
So what about:

- y'all's
- y'alls or yuzall
- y'alls all's or yuzall's

Have I got it right? Am I now an honorary Amercun? If you say "yes" then y'all have some 'splainin' to do about complainin' about me complainin'... eh?


If you weren't complainin about something that is going on here, I wouldn't know it was really you.

| Reply
Aug 23, 2019 15:54:34   #
Angmo
 
BigBear wrote:
I don't use the auto-corrupt function. Therefore, I have nothing to correct.


I do hate tard-check.

| Reply
Aug 23, 2019 18:14:45   #
skylane5sp Loc: Puyallup, WA
 
JohnFrim wrote:
Absolutely!!! It is in our "dna." Y'see, we live in "C-eh-N-eh-D-eh."

Bunch of drunken trappers were sitting around the cabin one night and one said "Hey, we should come up with a name for this place don'tcha think?" Good idea so they put little bits of bark with letters scratched on them into a hat and started drawing them out...

"C" "eh"
"N" "eh"
"D" "eh"

| Reply
Aug 23, 2019 18:36:06   #
skylane5sp Loc: Puyallup, WA
 
JohnFrim wrote:
So what about:

- y'all's
- y'alls or yuzall
- y'alls all's or yuzall's

Have I got it right? Am I now an honorary Amercun? If you say "yes" then y'all have some 'splainin' to do about complainin' about me complainin'... eh?

Yup. Or Yep. It's simple.
Y'all is a pronoun and can be singular, plural, or an all encompassing collective.
Y'alls is the possessive form.
I'm not sure what form y'all're - pronounced yoller - would be. As in "Y'all're gon' be sorry you started this"

| Reply
Aug 23, 2019 18:43:39   #
BigBear Loc: Northern CT
 
skylane5sp wrote:
Yup. Or Yep. It's simple.
Y'all is a pronoun and can be singular, plural, or an all encompassing collective.
Y'alls is the possessive form.
I'm not sure what form y'all're - pronounced yoller - would be. As in "Y'all're gon' be sorry you started this"


Thank you for the translation. Canadians are so hard to figure out 'eh.

| Reply
Aug 24, 2019 00:44:20   #
JohnFrim Loc: Brampton, ON, Canada
 
BigBear wrote:
Thank you for the translation. Canadians are so hard to figure out 'eh.


Meh. You could be right. But maybe not.

| Reply
Aug 24, 2019 10:52:12   #
yhtomit Loc: Port Land. Oregon
 
JohnFrim wrote:
"the-new-york-times-is-trying-to-rewrite-history-to-fits-its-biases"

Perhaps because the truth has been hidden for too long? Just like an orange, everything has two sides.


Just who has been hiding what truths?

| Reply
Aug 24, 2019 11:14:17   #
Elaine2025 Loc: Seattle, Wa
 
Steven Seward wrote:
You mean like the hoax story about Russian Collusion which the New York Times pushed every day for two years that turned out not to be true? Or do you mean the dozens of plagiarized articles written by New York Times reporter Jayson Blair that the editors knew about but did not fire him for years? Or do you mean the dozens of stories written by New York Times reporter Walter Durante that knowingly and purposely covered-up the genocide being committed by Joseph Stalin? You just might be onto something here.
You mean like the hoax story about Russian Collusi... (show quote)


you are spot on. If you don’t live in the US and you are not a citizen, your opinion does not matter. It is that simple.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.