Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Patriotism
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 next>>
Jul 22, 2019 22:24:09   #
Texcaster (a regular here)
 
Wrangler wrote:
Did you mean “anyone who puts their country before their life...”


He was thinking of McConnell and the others.

| Reply
Jul 22, 2019 22:55:30   #
BigBear
 
Wrangler wrote:
Did you mean “anyone who puts their country before their life...”


Yes Sir ... I was distracted while typing.

Thank you !!

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 06:50:04   #
gorgehiker (a regular here)
 
usnpilot wrote:
So Donald J. Trump didn't go to Vietnam......we were in Vietnam from 1959-1975, lost 58,000+ Americans (the number climbs when MIA's are identified), in a war they didn't want us to win in exchange for huge profits for companies like RMK-BRJ (the 'J' stood for Johnson as in Lady Bird). I went as many Vietnam Vets did....ask us if we would do it again for a country that SPIT on us when we came back and screws so many Vets out of care and benefits that we THOUGHT we earned !!! GO DONALD TRUMP-make us great again :-)
So Donald J. Trump didn't go to Vietnam......we we... (show quote)


I thought that one of the problems with the "squad" was that they just don't think that America is great enough. But if you state "GO DONALD TRUMP-make us great again", doesn't that mean that you don't think that we are already great.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 07:55:12   #
Blurryeyed (a regular here)
 
MikeMck wrote:
Would one of you bone spur supporters please tell me why he is the balls to be this person consumed with patriotism when his country asked him to serve and his response was "I'm not going to Vietnam, I'm not stupid" and developed a severe case of cowardness evidenced by bone spurs? Don't blame Clinton or Obama, this isn't about them.


Vietnam was not a war that America should have ever been involved in, I do respect those that served in that war but I have no respect for the politicians and their reasoning for putting us there. I was too young to go but I certainly can't blame anyone for not going to that shitfest.

We mourn the 50,000 American lives lost and we are horrified with what Agent Orange did to many of our boys long after their return from that war.... What about the Vietnamese people? What did the vanity of our politicians mean for them? How many lives did they lose, and what was the effect of Agent Orange on their country and people?

Did you serve Mike? Were you there?

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 08:10:45   #
BigBear
 
gorgehiker wrote:
I thought that one of the problems with the "squad" was that they just don't think that America is great enough. But if you state "GO DONALD TRUMP-make us great again", doesn't that mean that you don't think that we are already great.


We lost our Greatness, as was Obummer's plan that went into effect in 2009, and we are claiming it back.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:00:35   #
MikeMck (a regular here)
 
Blurryeyed wrote:
Vietnam was not a war that America should have ever been involved in, I do respect those that served in that war but I have no respect for the politicians and their reasoning for putting us there. I was too young to go but I certainly can't blame anyone for not going to that shitfest.

We mourn the 50,000 American lives lost and we are horrified with what Agent Orange did to many of our boys long after their return from that war.... What about the Vietnamese people? What did the vanity of our politicians mean for them? How many lives did they lose, and what was the effect of Agent Orange on their country and people?

Did you serve Mike? Were you there?
Vietnam was not a war that America should have eve... (show quote)


As much as you bone spur supporters try to deflect, this isn't about whether I served or not. I did serve, I am not a coward. 7 years in the Navy from 1963 - 1970. But, this isn't about me, as much as you want it to be. bone spur, in my opinion, does not have any credibility when it comes to patriotism because when asked to serve he used his money and got a doctor to say he has bone spurs. I have had bone spurs and I would have still served if drafted because it was the right thing to do. Just accept we have a difference of opinion, which I am allowed to have because I fought for this country, right or wrong, and I would do it again.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:04:05   #
soba1 (a regular here)
 
Blurryeyed wrote:
Vietnam was not a war that America should have ever been involved in, I do respect those that served in that war but I have no respect for the politicians and their reasoning for putting us there. I was too young to go but I certainly can't blame anyone for not going to that shitfest.

We mourn the 50,000 American lives lost and we are horrified with what Agent Orange did to many of our boys long after their return from that war.... What about the Vietnamese people? What did the vanity of our politicians mean for them? How many lives did they lose, and what was the effect of Agent Orange on their country and people?

Did you serve Mike? Were you there?
Vietnam was not a war that America should have eve... (show quote)


Speaking of Agent Orange, I remember this guy when I was in college he was a Viet Nam vet. He was in a wheel chair always wore orange vans, and had a sign on his wheel chair that said Agent Orange.
He was frail skinny and sucked up.
You might not like the military; but you should at least respect them for doing things that most wouldn't do.
Kind of how I feel about the New England Patriots. I might not like them but I respect what they have accomplished as an organization

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:05:09   #
soba1 (a regular here)
 
MikeMck wrote:
As much as you bone spur supporters try to deflect, this isn't about whether I served or not. I did serve, I am not a coward. 7 years in the Navy from 1963 - 1970. But, this isn't about me, as much as you want it to be. bone spur, in my opinion, does not have any credibility when it comes to patriotism because when asked to serve he used his money and got a doctor to say he has bone spurs. I have had bone spurs and I would have still served if drafted because it was the right thing to do. Just accept we have a difference of opinion, which I am allowed to have because I fought for this country, right or wrong, and I would do it again.
As much as you bone spur supporters try to deflect... (show quote)



| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:22:17   #
bluescreek
 
MikeMck wrote:
As much as you bone spur supporters try to deflect, this isn't about whether I served or not. I did serve, I am not a coward. 7 years in the Navy from 1963 - 1970. But, this isn't about me, as much as you want it to be. bone spur, in my opinion, does not have any credibility when it comes to patriotism because when asked to serve he used his money and got a doctor to say he has bone spurs. I have had bone spurs and I would have still served if drafted because it was the right thing to do. Just accept we have a difference of opinion, which I am allowed to have because I fought for this country, right or wrong, and I would do it again.
As much as you bone spur supporters try to deflect... (show quote)


Sure did seem to be about you as the word I or me or my was used several times in that last post.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:23:42   #
MikeMck (a regular here)
 
bluescreek wrote:
Sure did seem to be about you as the word I or me or my was used several times in that last post.


You can't be serious

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:29:15   #
Blurryeyed (a regular here)
 
soba1 wrote:
Speaking of Agent Orange, I remember this guy when I was in college he was a Viet Nam vet. He was in a wheel chair always wore orange vans, and had a sign on his wheel chair that said Agent Orange.
He was frail skinny and sucked up.
You might not like the military; but you should at least respect them for doing things that most wouldn't do.
Kind of how I feel about the New England Patriots. I might not like them but I respect what they have accomplished as an organization


I love those that serve, I just saw no reason to die or be maimed in the Vietnam war, it is a very personal thing especially for those that served, I do not disparage their service I respect it but I also respect those that would not die for the folly of Johnson and the CIA. I would have gladly fought against those that took our embassy in Iran, that was an act of war that was worthy to fight against.

Dad was a West Point Grad who had volunteered for WWII before being selected for the Point, he too did not see reason for his children to die in Vietnam. My cousin also served in the Navy, never left California, it was just another way to dodge active fighting in Vietnam.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:29:27   #
bluescreek
 
Yeah, I'm serious, but you're right, we have a difference of opinion, I think President Trump is doing a Good job, bone spurs or not, seems like you could sorta see that.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:32:16   #
Frank T (a regular here)
 
BigBear wrote:
We lost our Greatness, as was Obummer's plan that went into effect in 2009, and we are claiming it back.


I know I'll anger a bunch of people with this little factoid but if you do just a little research you'll find that the decline in the United States and the destruction of its middle class began with Ronald Reagan and his voodoo economics. Trump is like the final stages of cancer. He didn't start the rot but he's the one that's supporting it and he's the one that wants to kill democracy in favor of autocracy.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:34:09   #
MikeMck (a regular here)
 
bluescreek wrote:
Yeah, I'm serious, but you're right, we have a difference of opinion, I think President Trump is doing a Good job, bone spurs or not, seems like you could sorta see that.


My opinion is that trump is an absolute disgrace for a variety of shortcomings that I won't delineate. I am very sad that the other side (Dems) don't seem to have anyone who will beat him. He is taking credit for policies that were put into effect before he was chosen by the Russians.

| Reply
Jul 23, 2019 09:38:59   #
Blurryeyed (a regular here)
 
Frank T wrote:
I know I'll anger a bunch of people with this little factoid but if you do just a little research you'll find that the decline in the United States and the destruction of its middle class began with Ronald Reagan and his voodoo economics. Trump is like the final stages of cancer. He didn't start the rot but he's the one that's supporting it and he's the one that wants to kill democracy in favor of autocracy.


That is a very foolish thing to say, the decline of the middle class in this country comes from the exportation of manufacturing jobs and the rise of China's economy, not to mention trade deals that were made to the benefit of our trading partners at the expense of American jobs. China still has developing country status and is allowed to impose tariffs on our goods but we are not expected to reciprocate, the trade deals with the EU still reflect the efforts to help rebuild the economies of Europe after WWII.

You are full of it Frank, either you are just poorly informed swallowing the lies of the left, or you are just not a very deep thinker.

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.