Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Free Friday - a big editing challenge for you!
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2
Jun 8, 2019 07:53:48   #
Linda From Maine (a regular here)
 
artBob wrote:
Two Pruners, Early Morning
I looked for something I could feel for, and that would provide the viewer some reward as he looked intently. The near-hidden pruner was the key, around with almost every area had to be adjusted for color and tone to make the "symphony" work.
Very nicely conceived and achieved. Thanks Bob.

| Reply
Jun 8, 2019 09:35:50   #
fergmark (a regular here)
 
The setting full moon at dawn has always been one of the most magical moments for the moon. When the yin yang is prominent. I used gradient map to enhance that, and a bit of a crop to make the connection between the individual, who I would like to think, is taking a moment to be captivated.


(Download)

| Reply
Jun 8, 2019 09:38:47   #
Linda From Maine (a regular here)
 
fergmark wrote:
The setting full moon at dawn has always been one of the most magical moments for the moon. When the yin yang is prominent. I used gradient map to enhance that, and a bit of a crop to make the connection between the individual, who I would like to think, is taking a moment to be captivated.
Thank you, Mark! A very engaging image and charming story to interpret from the image.

| Reply
Jun 8, 2019 16:33:23   #
htbrown
 
What I liked, once I pulled it into PP, was the texture of the trees and the blue of the snow. That time of day, with the sun hovering near the horizon, shadows take on a rich blue color that emphasizes how cold it was. I debated various crops, but in the end left it alone because I couldn't find one that seemed markedly better than another. I see someone else has posted a vertical crop that I like, but I didn't try that. All done in LR5.


(Download)

| Reply
Jun 8, 2019 16:44:02   #
Linda From Maine (a regular here)
 
htbrown wrote:
What I liked, once I pulled it into PP, was the texture of the trees and the blue of the snow. That time of day, with the sun hovering near the horizon, shadows take on a rich blue color that emphasizes how cold it was. I debated various crops, but in the end left it alone because I couldn't find one that seemed markedly better than another. I see someone else has posted a vertical crop that I like, but I didn't try that. All done in LR5.
Beautifully done, HT! I'm loving the cold feeling from your blue + I think you handled the moon really well; it's so crisp and white, yet detailed.

I forgot to mention to Lloyd that I enjoyed his changing the jacket to red (as I mentioned in my opening that I had done), and I see you have also

Much appreciation for your participation.

Speaking of vertical crops, this is what I did three years ago:


(Download)

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 00:53:32   #
jburlinson
 
I've been lurking in this group a little while and have enjoyed what you all have been up to. So I decided it was time I took a flier.


(Download)

| Reply
Jun 9, 2019 07:23:28   #
Linda From Maine (a regular here)
 
jburlinson wrote:
I've been lurking in this group a little while and have enjoyed what you all have been up to. So I decided it was time I took a flier.
Delighted to have you, welcome! I enjoyed your edit for the colors where the sunrise is hitting the hilltop. Note how much more vibrant in download; that is a color space issue. Try to post to UHH in sRGB to avoid.

Many thanks and hope to see you again soon!

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.