Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
3D - Teal bathing suit.
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Apr 18, 2019 11:59:54   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
You will need a pair of anaglyph glasses to view in 3D.

2D converted to 3D.
Photographer Unknown
Photographer Unknown...
(Download)

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 12:06:30   #
selmslie (a regular here)
 
SoHillGuy wrote:
You will need a pair of anaglyph glasses to view in 3D.

2D converted to 3D.

Looks good when I swap my glasses around.

I bet you could have gotten more views if the title had read, "3D - Girl in teal bathing suit." We are so predictable.

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 12:11:55   #
theoldman
 
If you will excuse my humor, I think this is an "unfair" promotion of anaglyph to a guy who prefers free viewing!! :) But I managed to reach to my side table for the glasses. :) Exceptionally realistic transformation! And that's a swell teal suit.

Out of personal curiosity, I recall an active group of 3D photographers in Puyallup (I live in Lacey) years ago. Are you one of that group?

Dave

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 13:55:22   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
selmslie wrote:
Looks good when I swap my glasses around.

I bet you could have gotten more views if the title had read, "3D - Girl in teal bathing suit." We are so predictable.


You are so right. Viewers have jumped from in the 40s to over a 100 when I mention "Girl."
The White Piano received 1,384 visits.

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 14:01:48   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
theoldman wrote:
If you will excuse my humor, I think this is an "unfair" promotion of anaglyph to a guy who prefers free viewing!! :) But I managed to reach to my side table for the glasses. :) Exceptionally realistic transformation! And that's a swell teal suit.

Out of personal curiosity, I recall an active group of 3D photographers in Puyallup (I live in Lacey) years ago. Are you one of that group?

Dave


***
No, Dave I was not a member of that group and I never knew there was one.

I am one of those who cannot cross my eyes to view or even adjust them to see side by side images.

I would like to have seen the picture of the lake you live on which could be viewed with anaglyph glasses.

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 15:07:42   #
theoldman
 
SoHillGuy,

Here are the lake photos, hand held about 8 to 10 inch base. I added a shot of Mexican Hat in Utah taken a couple of years ago with my Fuji W1 fixed base 3D camera.

Dave


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 15:17:41   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
Nice result

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 16:00:41   #
pbearperry
 
Wish I owned 3D glasses.

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 16:15:12   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
theoldman wrote:
SoHillGuy,

Here are the lake photos, hand held about 8 to 10 inch base. I added a shot of Mexican Hat in Utah taken a couple of years ago with my Fuji W1 fixed base 3D camera.

Dave


***
Some of the homes look like big family homes with large properties. What is the name of the lake and how is the fishing?
The Mexican Hat picture looks really good on download.
Thanks for posting them.

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 16:18:22   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
pbearperry wrote:
Wish I owned 3D glasses.


***
You are not alone, several others have also wished they had a pair.
I keep hoping that more members would get interested in 3D photography and post some pictures.

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 16:18:48   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
jerryc41 wrote:
Nice result



| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 18:53:40   #
theoldman
 
We are extremely fortunate to have moved to the lake 30 years ago when you could still get lakefront on a modest salary.

The fishing is good as the lake is stocked, but I don't own a pole! However our great grandson is going to try his first fishing this spring from our dock when it warms up a little.

Half my photographs these days are of ducks, geese, herons, eagles, kingfishers, and other waterfowl on the lake. A log drifted into our part of the lake this winter and it became the preferred stopping place for cormorants, geese, mergansers and mallards.

They are too far away for a good 3D image with a fixed lens base, and birds move between separate shots, but I caught two sleeping with two separate shots the other day. Nothing great, but interesting.

Dave

What is perhaps interesting is that the shots were taken from my deck at a measured distance of 350 feet! I walked about 15-20 feet along the base between shots!


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 20:16:41   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
theoldman wrote:
We are extremely fortunate to have moved to the lake 30 years ago when you could still get lakefront on a modest salary.

The fishing is good as the lake is stocked, but I don't own a pole! However our great grandson is going to try his first fishing this spring from our dock when it warms up a little.

Half my photographs these days are of ducks, geese, herons, eagles, kingfishers, and other waterfowl on the lake. A log drifted into our part of the lake this winter and it became the preferred stopping place for cormorants, geese, mergansers and mallards.

They are too far away for a good 3D image with a fixed lens base, and birds move between separate shots, but I caught two sleeping with two separate shots the other day. Nothing great, but interesting.

Dave

What is perhaps interesting is that the shots were taken from my deck at a measured distance of 350 feet! I walked about 15-20 feet along the base between shots!
We are extremely fortunate to have moved to the la... (show quote)


***
The separation may have been a little wide but it worked out OK as far as the results appear.

Many many years ago my mother used to take me fishing at Lake Patterson. She would stop on the way and get periwinkles from the river to use for bait. She had one of the big white buckets and at the end of the day, the bucket would be filled with perch. She would fillet them and fry them up. They were really a tasty treat.

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 20:38:27   #
theoldman
 
Great memories!!

Is there a ratio of distance to base that I can use? I bought a matching set of point and shoot cameras and a bracket that allows me to adjust the base up to about 10 inches. If 15 feet between shots at 350 feet distance is too great a base, what would be a preferred base?

Maybe stated differently, what is too wide a base at 350 feet?

Dave

| Reply
Apr 18, 2019 21:25:42   #
SoHillGuy (a regular here)
 
theoldman wrote:
Great memories!!

Is there a ratio of distance to base that I can use? I bought a matching set of point and shoot cameras and a bracket that allows me to adjust the base up to about 10 inches. If 15 feet between shots at 350 feet distance is too great a base, what would be a preferred base?

Maybe stated differently, what is too wide a base at 350 feet?

Dave


***
An estimate for a 50mm lens for 350 ft would be somewhere around 10 ft.

Refer to PM for details.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.