Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Bald Eagle vs Red-Tailed Hawk
Page: 1 2 next>>
Mar 26, 2019 10:32:24   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
I was at a local State Wildlife Area near where I live and noticed a
Bald Eagle sitting in some cottonwood tree's. Some kayakers flushed
it from its perch and I got a few shots of it flying. There was another
large bird above which started to come closer and I saw it was a
Red-tailed hawk. I was hoping to get both in the frame at the same
time The hawk took care of that. Here are a few action shots.

The Bald Eagle departed the area.
1
1...
(Download)
2
2...
(Download)
3
3...
(Download)
4
4...
(Download)
5
5...
(Download)
6
6...
7
7...
(Download)

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 11:18:20   #
chuckrem Loc: Katy, TX
 
Nice set!

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 17:50:09   #
imagemeister Loc: Stuart, Florida
 
chuckrem wrote:
Nice set!


.....thanks for sharing !

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 19:32:08   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
chuckrem wrote:
Nice set!


Thank you Chuck for taking a look

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 20:48:31   #
gwr Loc: South Dartmouth, Ma.
 
What an interesting set. I give the Red Tail an A+ in sassy for scrapping with an adult Bald Eagle. Thanks for sharing such a cool moment in nature with us. Gary

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 23:54:42   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
imagemeister wrote:
.....thanks for sharing !


Thank you Larry

| Reply
Mar 26, 2019 23:57:55   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
gwr wrote:
What an interesting set. I give the Red Tail an A+ in sassy for scrapping with an adult Bald Eagle. Thanks for sharing such a cool moment in nature with us. Gary


Thank you Gary. This is the red-tailed hawks territory and I think
there is a nest nearby. The bald eagle will be moving north soon.

| Reply
Mar 27, 2019 06:24:13   #
J-SPEIGHT Loc: Akron, Ohio
 
howlynn wrote:
I was at a local State Wildlife Area near where I live and noticed a
Bald Eagle sitting in some cottonwood tree's. Some kayakers flushed
it from its perch and I got a few shots of it flying. There was another
large bird above which started to come closer and I saw it was a
Red-tailed hawk. I was hoping to get both in the frame at the same
time The hawk took care of that. Here are a few action shots.

The Bald Eagle departed the area.



| Reply
Mar 27, 2019 08:03:02   #
ncribble Loc: Elephant Butte, NM
 
WOW! What an interesting series. The two presented you with the opportunity and you captured the moment. Well done!

| Reply
Mar 27, 2019 08:14:47   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
J-SPEIGHT wrote:


Thank you Jack

| Reply
Mar 27, 2019 08:18:11   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
ncribble wrote:
WOW! What an interesting series. The two presented you with the opportunity and you captured the moment. Well done!


Thank you Norm. The action only lasted about 5 seconds. I was
following the eagle hoping the hawk would enter the frame.

| Reply
Mar 27, 2019 14:47:16   #
raymondh Loc: Walker, MI
 
This is something you don't see every day.

| Reply
Mar 27, 2019 20:02:47   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
raymondh wrote:
This is something you don't see every day.


Thank you Raymond. I feel very lucky to have captured some action wildlife
in the past year. Being aware of your surroundings and having your
camera's ready to shoot are very important. I also follow a UHH member
Steve Perry and recommend his E-books and your tube video's.

| Reply
Mar 27, 2019 23:22:48   #
papaluv4gd Loc: durham,ct
 
A unique moment in time , never to be replicated, and you got to capture and share it. I try to instill that concept to my photography students. Teaching them to "see" the world around them, to look at the world as one non stop photo op. To be more observant of life. Never know what you'll see. You captured a very cool moment. Have to keep looking for one of a kind opportunities. I have taken dozens of pictures of a waterfall near my house. Even though it's the same falls,it changes just enough with water flow, or lighting, or perspective. Even everyday things can change enough to keep them interesting. Old indian proverb: " a man never steps into the same river twice"

| Reply
Mar 28, 2019 08:58:40   #
howlynn Loc: pueblo west, co
 
papaluv4gd wrote:
A unique moment in time , never to be replicated, and you got to capture and share it. I try to instill that concept to my photography students. Teaching them to "see" the world around them, to look at the world as one non stop photo op. To be more observant of life. Never know what you'll see. You captured a very cool moment. Have to keep looking for one of a kind opportunities. I have taken dozens of pictures of a waterfall near my house. Even though it's the same falls,it changes just enough with water flow, or lighting, or perspective. Even everyday things can change enough to keep them interesting. Old indian proverb: " a man never steps into the same river twice"
A unique moment in time , never to be replicated,... (show quote)


Thank you Papa for your thoughtful response. I like to shot all types of photography.
When shooting landscapes I have found a few that scenes that I go back to
shoot again and again.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.