Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Stained glass
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Mar 14, 2019 01:41:05   #
SueScott (a regular here)
 
Afternoon light illuminating one of the stained glass windows in my church.


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 01:50:55   #
RichardTaylor (a regular here)
 
Beautiful.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 06:22:35   #
Doddy (a regular here)
 
Nice one Sue.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 06:35:03   #
CLF (a regular here)
 
SueScott wrote:
Afternoon light illuminating one of the stained glass windows in my church.



Sue, an excellent window of stained glass showing our Lord and his flock. I love it and it looks like you belong to a fantastic Church.

Greg

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 08:23:58   #
SueScott (a regular here)
 
CLF wrote:
Sue, an excellent window of stained glass showing our Lord and his flock. I love it and it looks like you belong to a fantastic Church.

Greg


The building dates back to 1907 and there are rumors that the windows (there is another, smaller one to the right of this one) may be Tiffany, although I don't know if that's true. The congregation is PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) - we've been members for 12 years and love it.

Here's the other window.


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 08:26:44   #
BB4A
 
👍👍

That artists style looks familiar; Charles Connick?

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 08:32:40   #
SueScott (a regular here)
 
BB4A wrote:
👍👍

That artists style looks familiar; Charles Connick?


I don't know anything about stained glass artists. Those particular themes seem to be found in many church windows of the period.

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 10:31:48   #
CLF (a regular here)
 
SueScott wrote:
The building dates back to 1907 and there are rumors that the windows (there is another, smaller one to the right of this one) may be Tiffany, although I don't know if that's true. The congregation is PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) - we've been members for 12 years and love it.

Here's the other window.



Sue, thank you for the smaller window. With the quality of these windows, I would not be surprised that the were made by Tiffany. The smaller window appears to be Jesus praying in the garden prior to be taken away to face trial by P. Pilot (sp?). Thank you one more time.

Greg

| Reply
Mar 14, 2019 19:14:24   #
Cwilson341 (a regular here)
 
Beautiful, Sue. You really nailed the exposure.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 00:10:26   #
SueScott (a regular here)
 
Cwilson341 wrote:
Beautiful, Sue. You really nailed the exposure.


Thank you.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 05:38:03   #
J-SPEIGHT (a regular here)
 
SueScott wrote:
Afternoon light illuminating one of the stained glass windows in my church.


Beautiful image Sue.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 05:58:29   #
Manglesphoto (a regular here)
 
SueScott wrote:
Afternoon light illuminating one of the stained glass windows in my church.


Wonderful image !!!!

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 06:31:55   #
yssirk123 (a regular here)
 
Beautiful image Sue.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 07:18:29   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
Nice, Sue--nice.

| Reply
Mar 15, 2019 11:11:06   #
Earnest Botello (a regular here)
 
Very good shot, Sue.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.