Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Possabilities
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Mar 4, 2019 07:43:28   #
motorman
 
On a sunday drive (my jeep safari) i ran accross this artist painting a scene of the Withlacoochee gulf preserve. I asked if i could take her picture and she said yes. This seemed to have so many possabilities.

I tried BW and a painterly approach. How would you crop and play with it?

my sister called it the "En plein air artist in natural habitat". had to google it


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 07:52:50   #
roxiemarty (a regular here)
 
I like the ideas you have, but do not like this particular photo in black and white. The color versions tell me more about the painter and her? natural subject. We have an event in the area like that where there are quite a few artists out in natural settings painting. Always a great event, and a good place to practice our art form. (Photography )

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 07:59:34   #
tommy2 (a regular here)
 
For my taste I'd hang all three in a vertical row with the B&W at center and the second at top closer to the ceiling (ten foot high) than the first is to the floor. I like the second one but want to be back a ways relative to the others. I'm curious how others would treat these three fine images?

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 08:07:44   #
issa2006.
 
I like what you have done with the second one. It looks as though you painted the painter.

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 08:23:27   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
Nice

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 08:34:39   #
bobmcculloch (a regular here)
 
motorman wrote:
On a sunday drive (my jeep safari) i ran accross this artist painting a scene of the Withlacoochee gulf preserve. I asked if i could take her picture and she said yes. This seemed to have so many possabilities.

I tried BW and a painterly approach. How would you crop and play with it?

my sister called it the "En plein air artist in natural habitat". had to google it


I like the 'Painterly"

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 09:07:26   #
motorman
 
roxiemarty wrote:
I like the ideas you have, but do not like this particular photo in black and white. The color versions tell me more about the painter and her? natural subject. We have an event in the area like that where there are quite a few artists out in natural settings painting. Always a great event, and a good place to practice our art form. (Photography )


While the BW produces an old time documentary effect i'am with you on color for this one. Her choice of color for the scene made me very curious about her process.

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 09:09:34   #
motorman
 
tommy2 wrote:
For my taste I'd hang all three in a vertical row with the B&W at center and the second at top closer to the ceiling (ten foot high) than the first is to the floor. I like the second one but want to be back a ways relative to the others. I'm curious how others would treat these three fine images?


Thank you.

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 09:13:01   #
motorman
 
issa2006. wrote:
I like what you have done with the second one. It looks as though you painted the painter.


I like Monet and thought it might fit the scene

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 11:15:50   #
djtravels
 
I like the original. You captured a fine scene. Why go any further?

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 11:26:58   #
motorman
 
djtravels wrote:
I like the original. You captured a fine scene. Why go any further?


thank you

I like to explore things from multiple view points. I often find overlooked gems behind the initial take.

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 12:00:55   #
roxiemarty (a regular here)
 
motorman wrote:
Thank you.


As we know........Art is in the eye and mind of the artist. Maybe she has seen this scene ablaze in the morning or evening sunrise or set. At least in her minds eye?

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 12:01:46   #
roxiemarty (a regular here)
 
motorman wrote:
While the BW produces an old time documentary effect i'am with you on color for this one. Her choice of color for the scene made me very curious about her process.


Sorry, I just answered the wrong person.

| Reply
Mar 4, 2019 16:52:37   #
krashdragon (a regular here)
 
Interesting. Did you take that scene from any other angles?

| Reply
Mar 5, 2019 11:24:10   #
Earnest Botello (a regular here)
 
I very much like the detail in #1, #2 not so much, #3 is a very good B&W. #1 is the winner here.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.