Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
I'm ready to learn
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3
Feb 15, 2019 11:23:12   #
StaceyJeannette
 
Earnest Botello wrote:
Welcome to the Hog, Stacey, enjoy.


Thank you!

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 13:41:04   #
Los-Angeles-Shooter (a regular here)
 
Free advice: Learn to 'see' the light and what it is doing, and how to control and use it. BTW, that's a fine camera you have; an excellent choice for a novice and an excellent backup for an experienced shooter.

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 13:52:24   #
StaceyJeannette
 
Los-Angeles-Shooter wrote:
Free advice: Learn to 'see' the light and what it is doing, and how to control and use it. BTW, that's a fine camera you have; an excellent choice for a novice and an excellent backup for an experienced shooter.


Thank you very much!

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 13:55:12   #
tommystrat
 
A willingness to learn, and the discernment to ignore the few trolls on this site, will carry you far. Check out the "All Sections" link at the bottom of the page - there are tons of different interests represented there, and who knows - you might find an area of photography that interests you that you may have not considered before.

But let me echo the sentiment voiced by previous posters - learn your camera, take a gazillion pictures, and HAVE FUN! Welcome...

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 14:00:05   #
StaceyJeannette
 
tommystrat wrote:
A willingness to learn, and the discernment to ignore the few trolls on this site, will carry you far. Check out the "All Sections" link at the bottom of the page - there are tons of different interests represented there, and who knows - you might find an area of photography that interests you that you may have not considered before.

But let me echo the sentiment voiced by previous posters - learn your camera, take a gazillion pictures, and HAVE FUN! Welcome...


Thank you! I will check out the All Sections.

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 17:10:46   #
jack schade
 
Welcome to the forum.

Jack

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 17:29:03   #
StaceyJeannette
 
jack schade wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Jack


Thank You!

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 17:54:22   #
PAR4DCR (a regular here)
 
Welcome to UHH Stacey, glad you joined us.
Have fun, learn and enjoy the forum.

Don

| Reply
Feb 15, 2019 22:41:47   #
StaceyJeannette
 
PAR4DCR wrote:
Welcome to UHH Stacey, glad you joined us.
Have fun, learn and enjoy the forum.

Don


Thank you!

| Reply
Feb 17, 2019 20:20:34   #
Silverman
 
StaceyJeannette wrote:
Hi! I've been reading through the forum and have already learned useful information. I am totally new to DSLR photography, I have always used the auto modes on my little point and shoot cameras. I am so excited that maybe one day I can take photos as beautiful as the ones I see here on this site. Y'all are really inspiring!


If you now or in you future get yourself a DSLR or a Mirrorless Camera, one of the first things to learn is the "Exposure Triangle", balancing your ISO, Aperture & Shutter-Speed for a properly exposed image, For this you will use "Manual-Mode". You also should learn about the "Priority Modes", Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority. As you are Learning, you MUST Practice everything you are learning. Repetition is the Mother of knowledge. So, as another Professional Photographer said; "Get out there and take some dam Photos".

| Reply
Feb 17, 2019 22:10:36   #
StaceyJeannette
 
Silverman wrote:
If you now or in you future get yourself a DSLR or a Mirrorless Camera, one of the first things to learn is the "Exposure Triangle", balancing your ISO, Aperture & Shutter-Speed for a properly exposed image, For this you will use "Manual-Mode". You also should learn about the "Priority Modes", Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority. As you are Learning, you MUST Practice everything you are learning. Repetition is the Mother of knowledge. So, as another Professional Photographer said; "Get out there and take some dam Photos".
If you now or in you future get yourself a DSLR or... (show quote)


Thank you! Appreciate the advice! I do have a DSLR, but haven’t started to experiment with manual mode yet. Will be trying soon!

| Reply
Feb 20, 2019 12:33:41   #
Granddad
 
Welcome to the Hog.
Dave.

| Reply
Feb 20, 2019 15:45:21   #
StaceyJeannette
 
Granddad wrote:
Welcome to the Hog.
Dave.


Thank you!

| Reply
Mar 1, 2019 09:42:44   #
DickC (a regular here)
 
Welcome to the forum!!

| Reply
Mar 2, 2019 21:17:21   #
StaceyJeannette
 
DickC wrote:
Welcome to the forum!!


Thank you!

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.