Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Peregrine Falcon and Red-tailed Hawk
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Feb 12, 2019 13:00:01   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
These two predators look so much better with a telephoto lens than with the eyes. Have you seen the recent PBS NOVA about Peregrines? Totally amazing and worth searching out. I wish I didn't erase it. Peregrines seem almost supernatural.

Taken at Sacramento NWR.
The Peregrine, needing a bath?
The Peregrine, needing a bath?...
(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)
The Red-tailed Hawk
The Red-tailed Hawk...
(Download)
Eye membrane reflecting the sky
Eye membrane reflecting the sky...
(Download)


(Download)
Not leaving, just stretching the wings in case . . . .
Not leaving, just stretching the wings in case . ....
(Download)

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 13:06:00   #
Bmac
 
Nice job Katydid.

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 13:12:18   #
imagemeister (a regular here)
 
NICE work Katy - great subjects ........thanks for sharing

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 13:32:26   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
Bmac wrote:
Nice job Katydid.


Glad you liked them, Bmac!

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 13:33:39   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
imagemeister wrote:
NICE work Katy - great subjects ........thanks for sharing


Thanks for looking and commenting, imagemeister!

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 13:40:47   #
DHThomas
 
Really nice!

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 13:53:12   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
DHThomas wrote:
Really nice!


It's great to hear from you, DHThomas!

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 14:16:21   #
UTMike (a regular here)
 
Good set, Katy!

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 14:27:09   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
Good to hear from you, Mike. Thanks!

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 16:20:43   #
Chuy
 
Nice job! They are the worlds fastest living animal, they have been clocked at 178 miles per hour (ca. 286 km/h) making the Cheetah look like a snail.

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 17:00:48   #
gwr
 
Terrific shots. I've got a Peregrine patrolling the marsh and island where I'm shooting a Snowy Owl. I've dubbed him the snarky little punk! He flies around the marsh harassing everything. Took a run at an eagle. Made about 100 Canada Geese take flight. Made life miserable for the Snowy. She ( Snowy) took off for 9 days and just returned. What a bully!! Gary

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 17:12:19   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
Chuy wrote:
Nice job! They are the worlds fastest living animal, they have been clocked at 178 miles per hour (ca. 286 km/h) making the Cheetah look like a snail.


Yes, Chuy, it is incredible how far they can see and how fast they can fly. Thanks for taking a look.

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 17:14:15   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
gwr wrote:
Terrific shots. I've got a Peregrine patrolling the marsh and island where I'm shooting a Snowy Owl. I've dubbed him the snarky little punk! He flies around the marsh harassing everything. Took a run at an eagle. Made about 100 Canada Geese take flight. Made life miserable for the Snowy. She ( Snowy) took off for 9 days and just returned. What a bully!! Gary


Thanks, Gary! They ARE bullies and I wouldn't mess with one, either. They mean business. Super villains!

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 18:34:47   #
gregoryd45
 
Katydid wrote:
These two predators look so much better with a telephoto lens than with the eyes. Have you seen the recent PBS NOVA about Peregrines? Totally amazing and worth searching out. I wish I didn't erase it. Peregrines seem almost supernatural.

Taken at Sacramento NWR.


Very nice set, Katydid

| Reply
Feb 12, 2019 18:57:53   #
Katydid (a regular here)
 
gregoryd45 wrote:
Very nice set, Katydid


It's good to hear from you, gregory. Thanks a bunch!

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.