Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Extremely unhappy with FedEX and B&H
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 next>>
Feb 11, 2019 18:07:41   #
cmc4214
 
Finally decided to buy a new D750 from B&H, ordered on Thursday evening, was shipped in two packages was supposed to be delivered Monday, it wasn't . Tracking says one package containing the spare battery was delivered, it WASN'T. (at least not to me) Tracking also says the other package was refused. It wasn't by me. Furthermore, tracking says it was refused in Pittsburgh, my address is NOT Pittsburgh
I called B&H and they say they can do nothing until it gets back to them, IF it gets back to them. I cannot find a number for FedEx
B&H also says they will refund my card when the camera gets back to them,but what about the package they say is delivered, I know of no way I can prove I did not receive it.
I also reviewed my order on B&H,s web site and the address IS correct

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:11:37   #
John_F (a regular here)
 
Might a thief stole it off your porch or entryway?

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:12:01   #
davyboy (a regular here)
 
Holy cow! Find a brick and mortar store within 200 miles of you

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:13:07   #
cmc4214
 
No tracks in the snow in driveway
John_F wrote:
Might a thief stole it off your porch or entryway?

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:13:19   #
rgrenaderphoto (a regular here)
 
cmc4214 wrote:
Finally decided to buy a new D750 from B&H, ordered on Thursday evening, was shipped in two packages was supposed to be delivered Monday, it wasn't . Tracking says one package containing the spare battery was delivered, it WASN'T. (at least not to me) Tracking also says the other package was refused. It wasn't by me. Furthermore, tracking says it was refused in Pittsburgh, my address is NOT Pittsburgh
I called B&H and they say they can do nothing until it gets back to them, IF it gets back to them. I cannot find a number for FedEx
B&H also says they will refund my card when the camera gets back to them,but what about the package they say is delivered, I know of no way I can prove I did not receive it.
I also reviewed my order on B&H,s web site and the address IS correct
Finally decided to buy a new D750 from B&H, or... (show quote)


I have received thousands of dollars of equipment from B&H without issue. Once, when our trusted Postal Person was on vacation and delivery was totally screwed, I asked them to mark my account FedEx or DHL only. Since then, I have never had a problem.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:13:57   #
cmc4214
 
Cannot find one
davyboy wrote:
Holy cow! Find a brick and mortar store within 200 miles of you

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:17:16   #
cmc4214
 
I also find it hard to believe a store that ships the volume they (B&H) do couldn't contact FedEx to see what happened

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:20:37   #
Longshadow (a regular here)
 
Why are you upset with B&H?

Why would B&H be responsible for shipping anomalies?
Is it because they would not credit your account until they received the returned merchandise?
(I don't know of any store that would.)

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:21:34   #
bsprague (a regular here)
 
Your story goes against everything I've experienced personally and read about here. Something correctable is going wrong. Call B&H again. Ask for a supervisor if necessary. It will shock me if it doesn't get fixed.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:37:11   #
mas24 (a regular here)
 
I've never had an issue with shipping from B&H. Sometimes a driver who is not familiar with the community can mess up. Once a driver delivered a package I did not order from B&H. As soon as I looked at it after opening my door. I realized it was not mine. The UPS driver noticed his mistake, and immediately came back with my package. I gave him the wrongly delivered package to deliver correctly. I was lucky he discovered his mistake quickly. That was a $350 B&H order. Not a very expensive order, but expensive enough. I have no idea what was in the wrongly delivered package to me?

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:43:23   #
JohnSwanda (a regular here)
 
You must not have tried very hard to find FedEx's number. A simple Google search of "FedEx" yielded their customer service number: 1 (800) 463-3339.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:48:17   #
Bokehen (a regular here)
 
I can vouch for FEDEX as this is the worse delivery service ever. they are constantly delivering our packages to other addresses ( deliberately) and they the drives has the nerve to bring the damage or opened box to use and have us sign off on his mistake. Forget that.. Read the headlines as several FEDEX drivers have been reported for swapping good products for bad products and taking the good stuff home with them. The last time we ordered something, the drive approached our porch with a cigarette in his mount! I contacted FEDEX afterward and said is this allowed?. The spoke person seem concerned.

I can't vouch for B&H, but I can say, that I've sent emails just to get a feel of those I could have been dealing with and needless to say I wasn't getting good vibes from those I spoke with. Same holds true for Adaroma and you're going to get several different views from both sides of this..

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:52:52   #
User ID (a regular here)
 
`

You say you're not a Pittsburgh address
but don't say what degree not Pittsburgh.

Mt Lebanon ? Detroit ? LA ? Point is, if BH
shipped to someplace not at all related to
you, as spec'd in your order, then they've
never shipped your order TO YOU ... and
they will acknowledge that, and make it
right without needing to deal with FedEx
at all.

If they addressed both your packages to
Ivan Ivanovich in Irkutzk, thaz no longer
your goods. Your goods are waiting to be
shipped to You at Your Place. So get them
shipped out. And it's not FedEx's mistake
if they dutifully attempt deliver in Irkutzk.
They are not YOUR problem.

But you hafta get thru to the right party
at BH. And you hafta be very clear about
details. Some of their customer service
people seem to have worked harder at
eliminating their non-USA accent but not
very hard at actually UNDERSTANDING
everyday US english.

Typical example is when they classify my
return as "Reason: Misc" ... which means
I'll pay return shipping. Then I hafta call
them and point out that the thing doesn't
work and so it's "Reason:Defective" which
means THEY pay return shipping. At that
point they then send me a new shipping
label of the PREPAID variety.

You are dealing with a large organization.
Keep that always in mind. Get names and
job titles of everyone who "helps" you.

.

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:54:18   #
cmc4214
 
I guess your right , this was my first experience with B&H, from what I had read about B&H's customer service, I expected a little more than "there is nothing I can do"
Longshadow wrote:
Why are you upset with B&H?

Why would B&H be responsible for shipping anomalies?
Is it because they would not credit your account until they received the returned merchandise?
(I don't know of any store that would.)

| Reply
Feb 11, 2019 18:55:11   #
pesfls (a regular here)
 
I had a similar problem with bbq parts. Contact your credit card company. That’s how I got my money back for items I never received. The parts company resisted but lost. Worth a try. Good luck.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.