Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
At the End of the Storm
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Feb 6, 2019 16:24:16   #
pmorin
 
Sunset shots after storm can either be spectacular or so-so. I think this first one from yesterday was somewhere in the middle. What I do know for sure is the cold wind off the water had my eyes watering and fingers numb. Thank baby Jesus I’m in So-Cal and not where the temps are in the minus scale or I would have been a block of ice. The second photo is from last Thursday. I had posted another sunset from that day and this one has some of the same pop.
Surf City Pier Sunset 2-5-19
Surf City Pier Sunset 2-5-19...
(Download)
Surf City Pier Sunset 1-31-19
Surf City Pier Sunset 1-31-19...
(Download)

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 16:44:56   #
MSW
 
I like the one with the seagull

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 16:50:00   #
Longshadow (a regular here)
 

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 17:05:59   #
Linda From Maine (a regular here)
 
#2 is a showstopper. I really enjoyed that you made the pier small in the frame and let the bird lead us to that stunning sunset.

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 17:39:44   #
Cwilson341 (a regular here)
 
Both are lovely shots with different moods. I like the warm colors of the second and the gull is a plus!

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 18:34:09   #
pmorin
 
MSW wrote:
I like the one with the seagull


Thanks. I agree, of the two, the second is more eye catching.

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 18:34:34   #
pmorin
 
Longshadow wrote:



| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 18:38:44   #
photophile (a regular here)
 
pmorin wrote:
Sunset shots after storm can either be spectacular or so-so. I think this first one from yesterday was somewhere in the middle. What I do know for sure is the cold wind off the water had my eyes watering and fingers numb. Thank baby Jesus I’m in So-Cal and not where the temps are in the minus scale or I would have been a block of ice. The second photo is from last Thursday. I had posted another sunset from that day and this one has some of the same pop.


Lovely images!

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 18:56:52   #
pmorin
 
Linda From Maine wrote:
#2 is a showstopper. I really enjoyed that you made the pier small in the frame and let the bird lead us to that stunning sunset.


We’ve had that type of coloration several times this winter. The clouds have to be full in the sky and the horizon must be clear to get the right amount of color. Post on them is usually just a matter of cropping for effect.
I get lucky somedays and am able to be there at the right time. Having the gull fly in front of me was sheer luck. I took 3 snaps of him and this was the best of the lot. The others had him too far to either side to be effective in the photo. I'm glad I wasn’t using mirror up just then.

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 19:08:45   #
pmorin
 
Cwilson341 wrote:
Both are lovely shots with different moods. I like the warm colors of the second and the gull is a plus!


Thank you. I like the first one for the lightness of it in comparison to the full on color of the other. #2 is one of those that has so many textures and colors that your eye could get lost in it.

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 19:51:03   #
kpmac (a regular here)
 
Two beautiful images.

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 19:52:00   #
Irvingite Charles (a regular here)
 

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 08:50:27   #
yssirk123 (a regular here)
 
Great shots with absolutely wonderful skies!

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 09:05:48   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
Nice--I like them both.

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 09:13:26   #
Chuckwal (a regular here)
 
Neat like number 2 well done
chuck

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.