Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
February 7-9 2019-Using Visual Balance for better Photography
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 next>>
Feb 6, 2019 21:56:51   #
Rufe
 
I posted this photo before. The blue umbrella was placed in the photo to balance the photo both in color and orientation. This is the Missouri Governor's Mansion. The blue catches you eye first and then you look to see where the woman is looking.



| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 22:38:57   #
judy juul (a regular here)
 
Rufe wrote:
I posted this photo before. The blue umbrella was placed in the photo to balance the photo both in color and orientation. This is the Missouri Governor's Mansion. The blue catches you eye first and then you look to see where the woman is looking.


Perfect, Rufe! Love it!

| Reply
Feb 6, 2019 22:40:14   #
judy juul (a regular here)
 
Time for me to say nighty Night! See ya all in the A.M!

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 00:17:23   #
Photogirl17 (a regular here)
 
judy juul wrote:
This subject comes from Digital Photography School. There are some nice explanations listed in this article!

digital-photography-school(dot)com/7-quick-tips-use-visual-balance-make-better-photographs/

replace the (dot) with a period then copy and paste in your browser-(UGHH doesn't allow direct links)

Ways to make balanced photos-Consider the following...Color, Size, Value, Texture, Isolation,Quanity, and

Orientation. Each example is well explained in the above article.

Let's try each one and see how we do!
This subject comes from Digital Photography School... (show quote)


Great start Judy, I'll see you tomorrow..

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 00:19:49   #
Greg Huntsinger
 
I hope this works with the strong colors and the hang glider for balance !


(Download)

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 00:41:03   #
Greg Huntsinger
 
Hang Glider cropped . I think this works better. If I cropped to much the horizon would be in the center, trying for more balance .


(Download)

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 06:11:18   #
Roadrunner (a regular here)
 
First try

The first one shows me inginuity(sp?) as thewindowisopen on the street sdie and also the things hanging in bit back.

The other two looks like a ''well'' a small neighbourhood set up at the bottom of a well as seen from the Chateau Frontenac and all three would make neat puzzles. BTW those yellow umbrellas shade a great spaghetti house
Missed a download here..hey, first cup...give me some slack LOL...
Missed a download here..hey, first cup...give me s...


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 06:59:16   #
judy juul (a regular here)
 
Photogirl17 wrote:
Great start Judy, I'll see you tomorrow..


Thanks, Leslie, will be looking for your creations!

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 07:00:58   #
judy juul (a regular here)
 
Roadrunner wrote:
First try

The first one shows me inginuity(sp?) as thewindowisopen on the street sdie and also the things hanging in bit back.

The other two looks like a ''well'' a small neighbourhood set up at the bottom of a well as seen from the Chateau Frontenac and all three would make neat puzzles. BTW those yellow umbrellas shade a great spaghetti house


Really like 1 and 3! color and balance are appealing!

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 07:10:07   #
judy juul (a regular here)
 
Greg Huntsinger wrote:
Hang Glider cropped . I think this works better. If I cropped to much the horizon would be in the center, trying for more balance .


Hi, Greg, interesting catch-I think the crop does bring out the subjects and more balance to your

image!

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 07:12:36   #
Roadrunner (a regular here)
 
judy juul wrote:
Really like 1 and 3! color and balance are appealing!


Thanks, Judy, it is a start....

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 07:13:34   #
photophile (a regular here)
 
Roadrunner wrote:
First try

The first one shows me inginuity(sp?) as thewindowisopen on the street sdie and also the things hanging in bit back.

The other two looks like a ''well'' a small neighbourhood set up at the bottom of a well as seen from the Chateau Frontenac and all three would make neat puzzles. BTW those yellow umbrellas shade a great spaghetti house


1 seems to have good balance of color to me Jim.

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 07:18:54   #
photophile (a regular here)
 
A few more:


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)


(Download)

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 07:30:48   #
Roadrunner (a regular here)
 
photophile wrote:
1 seems to have good balance of color to me Jim.


THanks, Karin.....in the school on this Challenge I am in kindergarten

| Reply
Feb 7, 2019 07:36:01   #
judy juul (a regular here)
 
#3 is Value

Quote - Value is a powerful tool for balancing images. Dark elements feel heavier than light items. The higher the value-contrast (between object and background), the heavier will be the weight of the object.
Merimere reservoir, Meriden, Ct.
Merimere reservoir, Meriden, Ct....
(Download)

| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.