Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Prop for taking pictures with crystal ball
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next>>
Jan 15, 2019 05:21:42   #
NormanTheGr8
 
Excellent

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 05:35:53   #
clint f.
 
R.G. wrote:

This is actually meant for Dancers.
What does being a girl have to do with it? Some of the most amazing furniture in “Fine Woodworking” is done by women. Take a class or invite yourself into a friends woodshop. Woodworkers are as excited to share their skills and knowledge as photographers. The results are often family heirlooms, not because they are perfect—they never are—but because of the person that made them. We have a rustic milking stool made out of scrap and re-purposed wood from the 1930’s built by my wife’s dad. Not parlor furniture but you can almost see him bent over milking the Brown Swiss milk cow.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 05:50:42   #
fergmark (a regular here)
 
Clever jig, but I prefer a less glossy finish. :) Fellow woodworker.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 06:13:27   #
Hilly
 
I have just bought a lens ball and have bought one of these stands to go with it and will mount on to a tripod.

https://lensball.com/products/lensball-stand

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 06:34:53   #
Jimmy T (a regular here)
 
Kayak, a Bravo Zulu to you! JimmyT Sends.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 06:39:01   #
dumbo
 
Longshadow wrote:


What you have done is fabulous. Where do you find the crystal ball to mount on your creation? And what kind of 16 ounce bottle did you use. I am also a woodworker, therefore I have no questions about that part. This is the first time I have seen a picture made within a crystal ball. It's great. Thank you.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 07:43:45   #
ronichas
 
I have used my crystal ball on a tripod and hand held the camera. It worked well, as I can put the tripod at any height it will go.



| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 07:53:26   #
KayakingUSA
 
Hilly wrote:
I have just bought a lens ball and have bought one of these stands to go with it and will mount on to a tripod.

https://lensball.com/products/lensball-stand


I like the suction cup. That is one thing I will have to be careful about. You have to remember to keep it level. I could use that on my jig and still have the advantage of the constant alignment and focus.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 07:56:15   #
dsmeltz (a regular here)
 
R.G. wrote:
Cool. Now if you could just make the crystal ball holder a bit less intrusive...

So when's the carbon fibre travelling version coming out?


LOL. Of course I assume that the displayed shots are for illustration and you might actually zoom in on the ball to eliminate the holder.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 07:56:43   #
KayakingUSA
 
dumbo wrote:
What you have done is fabulous. Where do you find the crystal ball to mount on your creation? And what kind of 16 ounce bottle did you use. I am also a woodworker, therefore I have no questions about that part. This is the first time I have seen a picture made within a crystal ball. It's great. Thank you.

I ordered the crystal ball from Amazon. It is a 80mm ball. Your picture in the ball will be upside down so you have to invert it in pp.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 07:58:20   #
Stephan G (a regular here)
 
Magic Mysterio has looked into his crystal ball and predicted this thread some twenty years ago.



PS., He said he saw one with a hole below the ball holder, to allow light to be passed upwards and be reflected within the Orb. Did not leave an example.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 07:59:10   #
Paulco2
 
Impressive! Particularly the woodwork. Great job.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 08:00:37   #
KayakingUSA
 
ronichas wrote:
I have used my crystal ball on a tripod and hand held the camera. It worked well, as I can put the tripod at any height it will go.


That holds the ball fine but with the jig it is like using a rifle. Just aim and shoot or you can still mount the whole jig on the tripod.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 08:06:25   #
KayakingUSA
 
fergmark wrote:
Clever jig, but I prefer a less glossy finish. :) Fellow woodworker.


I prefer a satin finish also but I was in a hurry to get it done so I just sprayed it with a gloss enamel that I had on hand. This was not intended to be a woodworking project but as a tool. All I needed was a finish to protect the wood. I knew I would get flak from my follow woodworkers. Thanks for looking.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 08:06:46   #
Haymaker (a regular here)
 
clint f. wrote:
This is actually meant for Dancers.
What does being a girl have to do with it? Some of the most amazing furniture in “Fine Woodworking” is done by women. Take a class or invite yourself into a friends woodshop. Woodworkers are as excited to share their skills and knowledge as photographers. The results are often family heirlooms, not because they are perfect—they never are—but because of the person that made them. We have a rustic milking stool made out of scrap and re-purposed wood from the 1930’s built by my wife’s dad. Not parlor furniture but you can almost see him bent over milking the Brown Swiss milk cow.
This is actually meant for Dancers. br What does ... (show quote)



| Reply
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.