Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Canon 5D Mk III
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Jan 10, 2019 10:42:04   #
sbohne
 
If someone has one they would be willing to sell at a good price, please contact me steve@bohne.com. My grandson just graduated from college and he's on a tight budget. He just needs a body batt and charger. If it is cosmetically poor that's ok. I found one on ebay for $500 but it had no battery or charger. Thanks.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:20:34   #
jdub82
 
sbohne wrote:
If someone has one they would be willing to sell at a good price, please contact me steve@bohne.com. My grandson just graduated from college and he's on a tight budget. He just needs a body batt and charger. If it is cosmetically poor that's ok. I found one on ebay for $500 but it had no battery or charger. Thanks.


FYI: The 5D Mark II is selling close to that price range right now. A well used 5D Mark III (w/high shutter count and cosmetic blemishes) with accessories still goes for about $1000.00 +/-. The Mark II is still a really excellent camera. My son has two of them, and shoots weddings with them.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:40:14   #
sbohne
 
jdub82 wrote:
FYI: The 5D Mark II is selling close to that price range right now. A well used 5D Mark III (w/high shutter count and cosmetic blemishes) with accessories still goes for about $1000.00 +/-. The Mark II is still a really excellent camera. My son has two of them, and shoots weddings with them.


He needs a Mk III because it has to shoot AEB with at least 5 exposures. I think the MkII only does 3

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 13:18:09   #
jdub82
 
sbohne wrote:
He needs a Mk III because it has to shoot AEB with at least 5 exposures. I think the MkII only does 3


That makes sense.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:16:43   #
TriX (a regular here)
 
I would expect to pay $1300 - $1500 for a lightly used 5D3 in excellent condition. Since these were widely used by pros, you can find some with heavy use and/or cosmetic defects for less. It’s an excellent workhorse, but I’d be VERY skeptical of one that sells for $500 (better make sure you have return priveliges and it’s a reputable seller). There have been a couple for sale on UHH during the last month or two.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2019 10:02:58   #
Jakebrake
 
sbohne wrote:
If someone has one they would be willing to sell at a good price, please contact me steve@bohne.com. My grandson just graduated from college and he's on a tight budget. He just needs a body batt and charger. If it is cosmetically poor that's ok. I found one on ebay for $500 but it had no battery or charger. Thanks.


Just in case you don't find a member with one available, I took a quick look at MPB and found this one with a low shutter count. Good luck in your quest~~I have bought and sold to MPB and found them an excellent company.

https://www.mpb.com/en-us/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-digital-slr-cameras/used-canon-digital-slr-cameras/canon-eos-5d-iii/sku-800223/

| Reply
Jan 11, 2019 16:23:11   #
philo
 
I have one for sale, but I wouldn't take less then $1200. Since I purchased the 4 the 3 is my backup.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2019 17:40:25   #
speters (a regular here)
 
sbohne wrote:
He needs a Mk III because it has to shoot AEB with at least 5 exposures. I think the MkII only does 3

But you can bracket as many as you want manually!

| Reply
Jan 11, 2019 17:47:38   #
sbohne
 
speters wrote:
But you can bracket as many as you want manually!


Ha ha! The job he is applying for wants it to be AEB.

| Reply
Jan 11, 2019 17:49:32   #
sbohne
 
philo wrote:
I have one for sale, but I wouldn't take less then $1200. Since I purchased the 4 the 3 is my backup.


Thanks for that. He just graduated so he doesn't have that kind of $$ and Granpa is a little short of cash to help him out. Needed to replace a car that the Royal Oak, Michigan PD ran into and refused to pay for, even though the cop was at fault. Couldn't find an attorney that would take the case...not big enough. [SIGH]

| Reply
Jan 11, 2019 17:50:32   #
sbohne
 
TriX wrote:
I would expect to pay $1300 - $1500 for a lightly used 5D3 in excellent condition. Since these were widely used by pros, you can find some with heavy use and/or cosmetic defects for less. It’s an excellent workhorse, but I’d be VERY skeptical of one that sells for $500 (better make sure you have return priveliges and it’s a reputable seller). There have been a couple for sale on UHH during the last month or two.


Thanks, yeah, we weren't looking for a pretty one. Actually, I have found several in the 700-900 range.

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 01:14:36   #
speters (a regular here)
 
speters wrote:
But you can bracket as many as you want manually!

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 01:16:15   #
speters (a regular here)
 
sbohne wrote:
Ha ha! The job he is applying for wants it to be AEB.

I have both cameras and it is not a problem to add a few manual brackets to the 3 auto brackets of the M II !

| Reply
Jan 15, 2019 07:38:53   #
sbohne
 
speters wrote:
I have both cameras and it is not a problem to add a few manual brackets to the 3 auto brackets of the M II !


Thanks for that, but the employer he is applying to sets the requirement of 5 AEB.

| Reply
Mar 1, 2019 18:23:52   #
speters (a regular here)
 
sbohne wrote:
Thanks for that, but the employer he is applying to sets the requirement of 5 AEB.



Then he should tell his employer, of course he can get a few bracketed shots, but how I do my brackets is none of his business, I shoot my way, or I don't shot! End of story!

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.