Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Senate Republicans Abandon Trump After Immigration Address Disaster
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Jan 9, 2019 13:38:11   #
| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 20:03:55   #
Frank T (a regular here)
 
This might be a good time for Mitch McConnell to show some leadership.

| Reply
Jan 9, 2019 23:15:42   #
jcboy3 (a regular here)
 
Frank T wrote:
This might be a good time for Mitch McConnell to show some leadership.


He's got to pull up his pants first.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 00:22:52   #
hasslichhog
 
dirtpusher wrote:
https://www.politicususa.com/2019/01/09/senate-republicans-abandon-trump-after-immigration-address-disaster.html


Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Wake me when you cite fromsomething other than these biased manure piles.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 05:46:47   #
jcboy3 (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Wake me when you cite fromsomething other than these biased manure piles.


You got it backwards, of course. The z's come at the end if you want to pretend to be asleep. But then, you didn't really think that through. Did you?

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 08:43:15   #
dirtpusher (a regular here)
 
hasslichhog wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Wake me when you cite fromsomething other than these biased manure piles.


Thank yuh

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:13:49   #
jcboy3 (a regular here)
 
dirtpusher wrote:
Thank yuh


Do we have to be quiet now?

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 11:14:30   #
dirtpusher (a regular here)
 
jcboy3 wrote:
Do we have to be quiet now?


In 2004 Speech Trump Said That Walls Don’t Work

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 14:30:32   #
jcboy3 (a regular here)
 
dirtpusher wrote:
In 2004 Speech Trump Said That Walls Don’t Work


Even better, here is Trump expounding on going over or through walls:

https://mashable.com/article/2004-donald-trump-speech-climb-over-walls/#iB2gq7OkeSq0

Note, even concrete walls.

And even more better (sic):

https://www.fastcompany.com/90290660/definitive-proof-that-trumps-steel-wall-doesnt-work

DHS asked the military to try to breach the wall using ordinary tools available at any hardware store. All of the prototype walls failed.

When he goes to visit them, is he just going to pick whichever one he can't crawl through? I got some news; most Mexicans are a lot smaller than fat-ass Trump.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:10:52   #
dirtpusher (a regular here)
 
jcboy3 wrote:
Even better, here is Trump expounding on going over or through walls:

https://mashable.com/article/2004-donald-trump-speech-climb-over-walls/#iB2gq7OkeSq0

Note, even concrete walls.

And even more better (sic):

https://www.fastcompany.com/90290660/definitive-proof-that-trumps-steel-wall-doesnt-work

DHS asked the military to try to breach the wall using ordinary tools available at any hardware store. All of the prototype walls failed.

When he goes to visit them, is he just going to pick whichever one he can't crawl through? I got some news; most Mexicans are a lot smaller than fat-ass Trump.
Even better, here is Trump expounding on going ove... (show quote)


Think the illegals heard that speech. Don't let walls stop yuh


All the walls failed. Concrete, steel, steel and concrete–nothing held up. All these inexpensive materials can be breached as long as you have a cheap, commercially available electric saw. (And the prohibitively expensive alloys that can resist hardware tools can be jumped over anyway.)


Report: Prototype for Trump’s Steel Slat Border Wall Can Be Cut With Saw



| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:32:46   #
Texcaster (a regular here)
 
dirtpusher wrote:
Think the illegals heard that speech. Don't let walls stop yuh


All the walls failed. Concrete, steel, steel and concrete–nothing held up. All these inexpensive materials can be breached as long as you have a cheap, commercially available electric saw. (And the prohibitively expensive alloys that can resist hardware tools can be jumped over anyway.)


Report: Prototype for Trump’s Steel Slat Border Wall Can Be Cut With Saw



That's the cheap Chinese steel from Babylon's Hong Kong hat operation.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:33:47   #
thom w (a regular here)
 
Frank T wrote:
This might be a good time for Mitch McConnell to show some leadership.


Right, that will happen.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:47:07   #
thom w (a regular here)
 
Texcaster wrote:
That's the cheap Chinese steel from Babylon's Hong Kong hat operation.


I guess they didn't resort to it but portable plasma cutters aren't expensive, at least some aren't. For concrete saws made of diamond impregnated string aren't really prohibitive, and cheap muriatic acid will do a number on concrete if you hold it in place. The acid won't really get you through the rebar but the diamond saw sure will. Tough specialty alloys are very expensive. A wall is only effective when used in combination with other measures. Trump's being stuck on the wall has more to do with him being unable to ever admit he didn't have a better idea than anyone else. He could be absolutely guaranteed an infallible border and if it didn't have a wall of some sort Trump would still clinch his fist and stomp his foot.

His saying "the wheel is older than the wall" speaks to his ignorance, and his unwillingness to believe something his gut tells him is wrong. He doesn't check his thoughts because the concept that he could be mistaken is just unthinkable.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:49:08   #
thom w (a regular here)
 
thom w wrote:
Right, that will happen.


I don't know about "Hong Kong steel" but when I worked in a steel mill, the rollers all said the Korean steel was much better than the American steel.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2019 16:50:42   #
Texcaster (a regular here)
 
thom w wrote:
I guess they didn't resort to it but portable plasma cutters aren't expensive, at least some aren't. For concrete saws made of diamond impregnated string aren't really prohibitive, and cheap muriatic acid will do a number on concrete if you hold it in place. The acid won't really get you through the rebar but the diamond saw sure will. Tough specialty alloys are very expensive. A wall is only effective when used in combination with other measures. Trump's being stuck on the wall has more to do with him being unable to ever admit he didn't have a better idea than anyone else. He could be absolutely guaranteed an infallible border and if it didn't have a wall of some sort Trump would still clinch his fist and stomp his foot.

His saying "the wheel is older than the wall" speaks to his ignorance, and his unwillingness to believe something his gut tells him is wrong. He doesn't check his thoughts because the concept that he could be mistaken is just unthinkable.
I guess they didn't resort to it but portable plas... (show quote)





" ... the wheel is older than the wall. Not many people know that." Lord Babylon

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.