Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Home | Photography Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Close Up Photography
Show Casing My Wife's Photography
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Oct 25, 2018 03:40:42   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
My wife is just a casual photographer but a few years ago I gave her and our younger son (special needs) lessons in composition and basics - during a picture trip I over heard "Why didn't someone tell me about this stuff 40 years ago?" when she saw the difference in her photographs as compared to her snapshots. Hmm? We met a bit over 40 years before that. Who could she have been talking about?

Well last month she took Jon to the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles for a dinosaur exhibit and they also toured the big walk in butterfly, bug and exotic plants room. Low light and a lot of movement made the butterflies a problem for her Canon SX-50 (flash refused to work, took me two hours to get it working when she got home-reset everything to factory defaults and set it up over again and the flash worked). The large number of spiders were a "surprise" but along the way she did some shots of the flowers. This one came out really nice. And there are some of those spider webs.
I am including this print in Photo Club this month.


(Download)

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 04:56:09   #
dpullum (a regular here)
 
beautiful camera, beautiful flower
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 12:39:28   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
dpullum wrote:
beautiful camera, beautiful flower
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora

Thank You

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 16:40:33   #
Dixiegirl (a regular here)
 
Your wife deserves many accolades for this lovely passion flower image, Jerry. Outstanding work!

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 18:17:07   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Dixiegirl wrote:
Your wife deserves many accolades for this lovely passion flower image, Jerry. Outstanding work!

Thank you very much, I will pass it along to her.
She says they didn't have it labeled Passion Flower - they probably had the scientific name at the museum.

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 18:24:04   #
Dixiegirl (a regular here)
 
robertjerl wrote:
Thank you very much, I will pass it along to her.
She says they didn't have it labeled Passion Flower - they probably had the scientific name at the museum.


Probably Passiflora something.

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 18:38:23   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Dixiegirl wrote:
Probably Passiflora something.


I am pretty sure that is so.
I just got back from Photo Club and one member just had an article about this flower in a local newspaper he brought to show us. Photo very similar to her's (he really liked her shot and my PP work, I did another version that Debra likes more than the original) and the history and story behind how its parts are symbols of the Passion of Christ. Attached and in download it looks much better.
(former reporter/photographer for Stars and Stripes newspaper when in the Air Force in the 50s and 60s)


(Download)

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 19:01:17   #
Dixiegirl (a regular here)
 
robertjerl wrote:
I am pretty sure that is so.
I just got back from Photo Club and one member just had an article about this flower in a local newspaper he brought to show us. Photo very similar to her's (he really liked her shot and my PP work, I did another version that Debra likes more than the original) and the history and story behind how its parts are symbols of the Passion of Christ. Attached and in download it looks much better.
(former reporter/photographer for Stars and Stripes newspaper when in the Air Force in the 50s and 60s)
I am pretty sure that is so. br I just got back fr... (show quote)


How beautiful!!

| Reply
Oct 25, 2018 21:37:11   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Dixiegirl wrote:
How beautiful!!

Thank you.
If Bob Yankle and his sister can be a team, her photos and his PP work than my wife and I can be a team also.

| Reply
Oct 26, 2018 06:11:46   #
J-SPEIGHT (a regular here)
 
robertjerl wrote:
My wife is just a casual photographer but a few years ago I gave her and our younger son (special needs) lessons in composition and basics - during a picture trip I over heard "Why didn't someone tell me about this stuff 40 years ago?" when she saw the difference in her photographs as compared to her snapshots. Hmm? We met a bit over 40 years before that. Who could she have been talking about?

Well last month she took Jon to the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles for a dinosaur exhibit and they also toured the big walk in butterfly, bug and exotic plants room. Low light and a lot of movement made the butterflies a problem for her Canon SX-50 (flash refused to work, took me two hours to get it working when she got home-reset everything to factory defaults and set it up over again and the flash worked). The large number of spiders were a "surprise" but along the way she did some shots of the flowers. This one came out really nice. And there are some of those spider webs.
I am including this print in Photo Club this month.
My wife is just a casual photographer but a few ye... (show quote)



| Reply
Oct 26, 2018 08:44:12   #
Chuckwal (a regular here)
 
wow excellent post your detail is superb
chuck

| Reply
Oct 26, 2018 09:05:33   #
jaymatt (a regular here)
 
It looks like she’s creeping up on you!

| Reply
Oct 26, 2018 15:13:04   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
J-SPEIGHT wrote:

Thanks

| Reply
Oct 26, 2018 15:14:17   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
Chuckwal wrote:
wow excellent post your detail is superb
chuck

I will pass on your commant. Hmmm? I think she may need a bigger size hat soon.

| Reply
Oct 26, 2018 15:15:51   #
robertjerl (a regular here)
 
jaymatt wrote:
It looks like she’s creeping up on you!


She usually doesn't creep up on me, she walks up and lays a skillet along side of my head to get my attention.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Close Up Photography
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2018 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.