Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
FedEx Taking Off
Page: 1 2 next>>
Sep 22, 2018 10:20:33   #
Ike Gittlen
 
Indianapolis Airport is FedEx's "national hub". The planes take off in a constant cycle a few minutes apart. This shot was interesting to me because the plane clearing the barbed wire shows the security efforts around our airports these days.


(Download)

| Reply
Sep 22, 2018 10:35:23   #
JR69 Loc: Wolverine Michigan
 
Ike Gittlen wrote:
Indianapolis Airport is FedEx's "national hub". The planes take off in a constant cycle a few minutes apart. This shot was interesting to me because the plane clearing the barbed wire shows the security efforts around our airports these days.

Barb Wire, Yep, Sure is a sign of the times. However to me that bird sure looks like it is landing.

| Reply
Sep 22, 2018 10:43:58   #
Yodagirl Loc: All Over-Fulltime RV (Originally from NH)
 
JR69 wrote:
Barb Wire, Yep, Sure is a sign of the times. However to me that bird sure looks like it is landing.

Have to agree JR69-he looks to be in a descent angle and not a take-off angle.

| Reply
Sep 22, 2018 11:03:38   #
FrankR Loc: NYC
 
That plane is definitely landing and Memphis is the nationalnhib of Fedex.

| Reply
Sep 22, 2018 12:51:58   #
Robyn H Loc: MainLine PA
 
FrankR wrote:
That plane is definitely landing and Memphis is the nationalnhib of Fedex.


I was going to say that. Oh well, guess I'm not the early bird...

| Reply
Sep 22, 2018 15:36:57   #
Ike Gittlen
 
Sorry to say you're all wrong. It was taking off. went right over my head. And Indy is the "national" hub for FedEx. Memphis is the "international hub"

| Reply
Sep 22, 2018 17:48:50   #
Yodagirl Loc: All Over-Fulltime RV (Originally from NH)
 
Ike Gittlen wrote:
Sorry to say you're all wrong. It was taking off. went right over my head. And Indy is the "national" hub for FedEx. Memphis is the "international hub"

Apologies!!!

| Reply
Sep 22, 2018 20:22:54   #
JR69 Loc: Wolverine Michigan
 
If you say so ...

| Reply
Sep 23, 2018 05:38:21   #
G. Crook Loc: Dual locations: Camp Verde, AZ & Linden, TX
 
No landing lights in the rear, only by the engine intakes. Landing.

| Reply
Sep 23, 2018 05:38:29   #
G. Crook Loc: Dual locations: Camp Verde, AZ & Linden, TX
 
No landing lights in the rear, only by the engine intakes. Landing.

| Reply
Sep 23, 2018 07:31:42   #
fourg1b2006 Loc: Long Island New York
 
I remember as a younger man i used to go to the airport and take pictures of planes taking off and landing. I don't think it's a good idea anymore. You probably will get questioned about what your doing. I don't need the hassle. Plenty of other things to photograph.

| Reply
Sep 23, 2018 08:06:17   #
SonyBug Loc: Nashville
 
fourg1b2006 wrote:
I remember as a younger man i used to go to the airport and take pictures of planes taking off and landing. I don't think it's a good idea anymore. You probably will get questioned about what your doing. I don't need the hassle. Plenty of other things to photograph.


We used to park at the end of the runways at O'Hare and watch the submarines race. Amazing the things to watch when young and horny...

| Reply
Sep 23, 2018 09:39:01   #
davidrb Loc: Hangar i13
 
Ike Gittlen wrote:
Indianapolis Airport is FedEx's "national hub". The planes take off in a constant cycle a few minutes apart. This shot was interesting to me because the plane clearing the barbed wire shows the security efforts around our airports these days.


Sorry Ike but this airplane is in the landing phase of flight. Glide-slope angle is 3.5 degrees, which looks almost flat. Take-off attitude in today's modern aircraft is a MUCH higher deck angle. As for the wire, it has been there at least since 1970, just went unnoticed until the media discovered it. Too bad Fed-Ex chose Indy-a-no-place, worse radar room in the business.

| Reply
Sep 23, 2018 10:19:51   #
FrankR Loc: NYC
 
Robyn H wrote:
I was going to say that. Oh well, guess I'm not the early bird...


You can say it because as you can see, I can’t say it clearly.

| Reply
Sep 25, 2018 12:03:21   #
marine73 Loc: Modesto California
 
Ike Gittlen wrote:
Indianapolis Airport is FedEx's "national hub". The planes take off in a constant cycle a few minutes apart. This shot was interesting to me because the plane clearing the barbed wire shows the security efforts around our airports these days.


What you are calling barbwire is really called concertina wire and is really sharp. True barb wire will not coil like that.

Concertina is used where high security is needed without having to use a lot of man power. Big users of this is the prison system and the military in combat zones to protect perimeters along with roving patrols.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2020 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.