Ugly Hedgehog® - Photography Forum
Crazy State Laws
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Aug 4, 2018 22:31:52   #
DJ Mills
 
I'm not claiming all this is correct. I am just passing it along. Feel free to add other examples you may know.
DJM

1. It's illegal to drive while wearing a blindfold in Alabama.

2. You can't put an animal into the back of an open vehicle in Alaska.

3. It's illegal for a donkey to sleep in a bathtub in Arizona.

4. In Arkansas, it's illegal to honk a car horn close to a sandwich shop after 9pm.

5. Plastic bags are banned in California

6. Edible pickles must be able to bounce in Connecticut.

7. It's a crime to keep a couch on your porch in Colorado.

8. It's illegal to sell dog hair in Delaware.

9. It's illegal to place a coin in your ear in Hawaii.

10. It's a crime to sweep debris into the street in Idaho.

11. In Idaho, you can't ride a horse above 10mph.

12. Tire screeching is illegal in Kansas.

13. It's illegal to send a surprise pizza as a gift in Louisiana.

14. It's a crime to park in front of Dunkin' Donuts in Maine.

15. Sleeveless shirts cannot be worn publicly in Maryland.

16. You are forbidden to sell your car on a Sunday in Michigan.

17. Dirty tires are illegal in Minnesota.

18. It's a crime to give someone a rat as a gift in Montana.

19. It's illegal to sit on a sidewalk in Nevada.

20. It's a crime to pick up seaweed on beaches in New Hampshire.

21. It's illegal to play BINGO drunk in North Carolina.

22. In New Jersey, it's illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a crime.

23. It's a crime to go hunting in a cemetery in Oregon.

24. Paying a psychic in Pennsylvania is illegal.

25. Racing horses on a highway in Rhode Island is illegal.

26. If you're a minor, playing pinball in South Carolina is a crime.

27. Sleeping in a cheese factory is a crime in South Dakota.

28. It's illegal to share your Netflix password in Tennessee.

29. In Vermont, a woman can't wear false teeth without her husband's approval.

30. You can't go trick-or-treating in Virginia unless you're at least 12 years old.

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 22:41:59   #
FrankR
 
In Gainsville GA it is illegal to eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. I know it isn’t a state law, but still.

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 22:44:59   #
DJ Mills
 
FrankR wrote:
In Gainsville GA it is illegal to eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. I know it isn’t a state law, but still.

One thing for sure: You can't make this stuff up.

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 22:50:31   #
JohnSwanda (a regular here)
 
Plastic bags have not been banned in California. Flimsy, single use bags have been, in favor of thicker, reusable and recyclable plastic bags. Merchants must charge 10 cents for bags, whether paper or recyclable plastic. You can save the dime by bringing your own bags, which is what I do.

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 22:53:39   #
PixelStan77 (a regular here)
 
DJ Mills wrote:
I'm not claiming all this is correct. I am just passing it along. Feel free to add other examples you may know.
DJM

1. It's illegal to drive while wearing a blindfold in Alabama.

2. You can't put an animal into the back of an open vehicle in Alaska.

3. It's illegal for a donkey to sleep in a bathtub in Arizona.

4. In Arkansas, it's illegal to honk a car horn close to a sandwich shop after 9pm.

5. Plastic bags are banned in California

6. Edible pickles must be able to bounce in Connecticut.

7. It's a crime to keep a couch on your porch in Colorado.

8. It's illegal to sell dog hair in Delaware.

9. It's illegal to place a coin in your ear in Hawaii.

10. It's a crime to sweep debris into the street in Idaho.

11. In Idaho, you can't ride a horse above 10mph.

12. Tire screeching is illegal in Kansas.

13. It's illegal to send a surprise pizza as a gift in Louisiana.

14. It's a crime to park in front of Dunkin' Donuts in Maine.

15. Sleeveless shirts cannot be worn publicly in Maryland.

16. You are forbidden to sell your car on a Sunday in Michigan.

17. Dirty tires are illegal in Minnesota.

18. It's a crime to give someone a rat as a gift in Montana.

19. It's illegal to sit on a sidewalk in Nevada.

20. It's a crime to pick up seaweed on beaches in New Hampshire.

21. It's illegal to play BINGO drunk in North Carolina.

22. In New Jersey, it's illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a crime.

23. It's a crime to go hunting in a cemetery in Oregon.

24. Paying a psychic in Pennsylvania is illegal.

25. Racing horses on a highway in Rhode Island is illegal.

26. If you're a minor, playing pinball in South Carolina is a crime.

27. Sleeping in a cheese factory is a crime in South Dakota.

28. It's illegal to share your Netflix password in Tennessee.

29. In Vermont, a woman can't wear false teeth without her husband's approval.

30. You can't go trick-or-treating in Virginia unless you're at least 12 years old.
I'm not claiming all this is correct. I am just p... (show quote)



If you’re on a crowded bus in Seattle with your boyfriend (or any other man) and there’s only one seat left, don’t sit on his lap or you could end up in jail for six months. The only way to escape prison? Put a pillow down on his lap first.

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 22:59:28   #
Sunnely
 
14. It's a crime to park in front of Dunkin' Donuts in Maine.

I think I know why. (Reserved for cops, may be?)

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 23:06:16   #
Sunnely
 
21. It's illegal to play BINGO drunk in North Carolina.

Do you have to blow to a breathalyzer before they give you a card?

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 23:08:05   #
Sunnely
 
1. It's illegal to drive while wearing a blindfold in Alabama.

Who passed this law? Who elected these people?

| Reply
Aug 4, 2018 23:17:09   #
Sunnely
 
24. Paying a psychic in Pennsylvania is illegal.


Officer: "Where were you tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.?"

| Reply
Aug 5, 2018 07:38:30   #
jerryc41 (a regular here)
 
You have to wonder about the origin of those laws. I'm there's an interesting story or two there.

| Reply
Aug 5, 2018 07:42:14   #
sb (a regular here)
 
Where would you park if not in front of Dunkin Donuts if you wanted to get a donut? In downeast Maine the local Dunkin Donuts in Machias offers free wireless internet. You will often find one or two people parked in front with their mobile devices because they do not have internet access out in the woods where they live. A lot of these are probably not state laws but local ordinances.

| Reply
Aug 5, 2018 08:38:50   #
PRETENDER
 
Just proves we have a long way to go before we are as smart as we seem to think we are.

| Reply
Aug 5, 2018 09:14:23   #
| Reply
Aug 5, 2018 10:04:55   #
Tex-s
 
There is a decades old book entitled "The Trenton Pickle Ordinance and Other Bonehead Legislation" that my fun uncle bought for me way back. I lost it in a fire at my parents' house but the book is still available if anyone has a kid or a grandkid that might like it.
https://www.amazon.com/Trenton-Pickle-Ordinance-Bonehead-Legislation/dp/082890278X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533477806&sr=8-1&keywords=trenton+pickle+ordinance

| Reply
Aug 5, 2018 10:16:06   #
Shellback
 
JohnSwanda wrote:
Plastic bags have not been banned in California. Flimsy, single use bags have been, in favor of thicker, reusable and recyclable plastic bags. Merchants must charge 10 cents for bags, whether paper or recyclable plastic. You can save the dime by bringing your own bags, which is what I do.


All states need to do this - it was nice driving around the countryside and not seeing plastic bags everywhere...

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
UglyHedgehog.com - Forum
Copyright 2011-2019 Ugly Hedgehog, Inc.